Need Help Choosing A Drift Machine!!

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
Hi all sifu n gurus..
i'm a newbie in this forum n hope u all can help me.. I'm actually thinking of picking up drifting as a hobby but know hardly anything bout it.. so i've been searching for a cheap drift car, don want to spend too much as scared i may dislike this new hobby, well anyway i've found someone selling a nissan bluebird sss with rb20 engine. car really looks like crap so thought need opinions from all the drift sifu whether this car ok for drifting or not.. will it be difficult to handle??maintenance cost??
coz my budget around 5-6k oni.
hope u all can give some suggestion n advice.. would really appreciate it..
Thanks a million..

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Before deciding on any car, I would suggest you do a bit of research on the availability of LSD ( limited Slip Differential) and suspension of the car you are planning to buy. These are the two most essential things you would need to be able to drift. Without them it would be almost impossible.

Hope I was much of a help :)

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
.S K A G E E. said:
Before deciding on any car, I would suggest you do a bit of research on the availability of LSD ( limited Slip Differential) and suspension of the car you are planning to buy. These are the two most essential things you would need to be able to drift. Without them it would be almost impossible.

Hope I was much of a help :)
Hi S K A G E E,

thanks so much 4 the advice. ask the owner edi n he claimes the car has lsd n not sure bout the suspension.. but how is this bluebird on the whole 4 drifting?? really worried half way drifting then everything fall apart n just me on my seats holding the steering.. hehe.. malu only..
by the way where is the best place for me to learn??? can u be my sifu??? :biggrin:
me really dunno how to drift at all.. only watched initiald d n thats is.

mike xtreme

Nov 4, 2005
get a KE70 or a A31...most simple n easy...but then since A31 is out of ur budget then...hehehe
KE70 lo...maybe TE71,TE72???

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
DR78 may get a basic drift setup Bluebird, Laurel or Cefiro's .. may be interesting in drift. Drop to Toyota DX or KE Series if in case of lack in budget.

Follow advise of Mr. SKAGEE as i know his skills and please have sometime to join those guys incase of any events organised .. dunt be malu - malu :)

Cheers!

nottyeddy

Known Member
Sep 22, 2004
Somewhere in kl
www.drift.com.my
the bluebird is ok to drift.. drifted one fitted with R31 lsd in OTS.. if anyone remembers it's the blue colored bluebird that joined OTS 4 or 5 i think.. RB engine enough to drift this car as it is lighter than cefiro.. suspension setup can use cefiro A31/S13/180SX.. similar setup.. errr.. wut else u need to know..?? anyway got a group of ppl using this car but not drifting much yet.. maybe starting to gather interest.. maybe if SSO 5.5 can debut this car i hope so..

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
hi guys, thanks so much 4 d advice.. really appreciate it.. think will get the bluebird as quite affordable la.. dat guy claimed his rb20 is a nismo one..think he said type m.. got 2 sparco seats. front kayaba shocks... dats about it la about the car. he asking for 7k maybe will let go at 6k.. do u guys feel its worth it???

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
cheap loh...freaking cheap...think of this...buy car...2k...buy halfcut...2.5k...install...1k...buy new parts..around 1k..cheap liao loh...seats...1.5k...freaking cheap liao...ehhe but if u can buy at 6k fast fast grab...dont wait...

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
wah really ah.. seems like a good deal la.. k will bring car to mechanic n check then... but u all can volunteer to teach me how to drift ah???hehehe... at least u can say u got a toh tai.. but don ask me send tau fu so early in the morning la...
cheers bro

WhatTHE!!!

Known Member
Jul 1, 2005
seremban
spaces.msn.com
mike xtreme said:
get a KE70 or a A31...most simple n easy...but then since A31 is out of ur budget then...hehehe
KE70 lo...maybe TE71,TE72???
go to my MSN blog if you are getting old school car for drift. some common process..... welding, painting, .... bla bla bla... i had documented all my cars activities....

have a nice day!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

UltimateShine

Greetings from www.ultimateshine.com.my

Merry Christmas and Happy new year ! :biggrin:

We are an online store selling Eco safe professional grade car care products in Kuala Lumpur.

Now you can purchase SMARTWAX AND Optimum Polymer Technologies (optimum)products peace of mind with Money Back Guarantee!
(except items categorized under Bundle Kit and Special Bargain)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience