Need Help! Car alignment problem..

Naikon

Jun 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

I am having this problem for quite some time. My car tend to go left even in an even road. Steering also can feel lighter when turning to left than turning to right. I have gone to a lot of tyre shop to do alignment and balancing but didn't solve the problem. I need an opinion of what could be the cause of this, can anyone help me please..:confused:

Naikon

Jun 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
That was the first I checked coz all the foreman asked me to check tyre..I even changed to a new set of tyres..but also did not solve it..:confused:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Park ur car on even road and see from front.. did any of the side lower than other? try put fingers between ur tyre and fender arch at all 4 side... any difference between left and right side? if yes check your suspension and spring...

Naikon

Jun 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it..

I am using gab sport spring. I have checked there are no difference with all 4 side. I also did change my absorber with new ones. Actually this problem happened before i change to sport spring and new absorbers, so perhaps sport spring and absorber could not be possible the cause of it..any other possibilities guys? The ones that I haven't checked are the steering rack, cv joint, drive shaft (currently making noise on the right) but could it be drive shaft all along? Because it seems to have problem now..

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
If when u turn steering or brake u hear 'klak' sound from ur right or left, it maybe the drive shaft. If you never change steering rack bush..go for it too..its not expensive.

Naikon

Jun 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yes takuya..when i turn steering to the left, got "klak" "klak" sound..could it be the driveshaft that makes the car moving to the left? I will try change the steering rack bush and see..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
u must jack your car & inspect the arms...lower, upper & middle......if all ok, proceed to tie rod ends & rack ends......then at last will be the drive shaft.....

Naikon

Jun 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Noted Danzeterna..Will try and check all of the above..i have not checked on those stuff because everytime i go to workshop they will tell it's tyre problem..then go to tyre shop, as usual they will do alignment + balancing but problem never solve..do u guys know any recommended workshop that can really inspect my car..just want it to be solve

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if tyre got buldging....during low speed u will encounter bumpy ride...but not on high speed....
during U TURN, does your steering turn back to its original position or just stay there?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I used to have this problem. Ask you some questions :

1. Did you have a head on or side collision? (Accident)
2. How old is your steering rack?
3. When was the last time you changed steering fluid?

In my case I had an accident which affected my front cross member. I had to change the cross member and steering rack. Both recon units totalled about RM800 including install.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Yes takuya..when i turn steering to the left, got "klak" "klak" sound..could it be the driveshaft that makes the car moving to the left? I will try change the steering rack bush and see..
Im not sure your driveshaft cause how much... my wira 2nd hand halfcut driveshaft is rm180. before i change it, other than the klak sound, steering vibrate when reach 140kmh. the mech told me driveshaft is done, and theres no more grease in it.. totally dry...

Naikon

Jun 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if tyre got buldging....during low speed u will encounter bumpy ride...but not on high speed....
during U TURN, does your steering turn back to its original position or just stay there?
Yes..steering turn back to its original..but i noticed that turning left is lighter than turning right..if go on straight road..i turn steering to right it will turn back quickly but when i turn left it will turn back but slower..

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

I used to have this problem. Ask you some questions :

1. Did you have a head on or side collision? (Accident)
2. How old is your steering rack?
3. When was the last time you changed steering fluid?

In my case I had an accident which affected my front cross member. I had to change the cross member and steering rack. Both recon units totalled about RM800 including install.
I haven't met with any accident before (thank God)..but kena lubang ada la..steering rack is new since i bought 2 years plus..last time i changed steering fluid was at 45k if i'm not mistaken..now is already 81k plus..

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Im not sure your driveshaft cause how much... my wira 2nd hand halfcut driveshaft is rm180. before i change it, other than the klak sound, steering vibrate when reach 140kmh. the mech told me driveshaft is done, and theres no more grease in it.. totally dry...
Thanks takuya..will check the price for gen2 cps when i want to change it..i asked my mechanic, he said driveshaft couldn't be the cause of my problem.. :( i also pening already..

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Guys,

Thanks for your feedback..just now i went to some workshop near my place (kajang)..here's the update..

1. Checked lower arm both side = he said both are ok, except on the left the bush slightly worn out.

2. Checked steering bush = OK, i changed to new one (silicone type), previously just wrap with tyre tiub.

3. Went to do alignment = the guy said check my steering coupling, so went back to workshop and open the coupling, but he said coupling is OK.

4. Checked tie rod end = both side OK..he goyang2 the tie rod and it still strong.

5. Lastly, went to alignment shop again and do alignment + caster + chamber = he did a change so that my car won't go left to much. Better a bit than previous but still moving to left.

Conclusion...problem still there..car move to the left. Can feel steering left is lighter than right. I suspect is the steering rack but too expensive, not dare to try n error..if confirm then only i change.

Guys, anymore ideas what to check?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what is the spec of the 4G91 engine ar? how much does it cost to transplant the engine? and izzit still legal in malaysia for engine transplant?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience