Steering alignment problem...or something else?

gothculture

Apr 18, 2008
Hi sifus i need some opinion,

whenever im driving through a corner(not those tight corner, maybe like 120 degree bengkok abit d road) at 100kmh, my front wheels will straighten back on its own whist im trying to steer left, meaning my wheels will straighten whilst steering is senget to d left.

im kinda concerned coz its so darn dangerous especially driving on highway when normal speed is 100kmh+ and d road is not 180 degree straight...

**FYI, i just had my power steering rack repaired and the mech welded d 'ball' (that was what he explained to me) so it would not bounce here and there. Im not sure if this would cause the issue.

Secondly, numerous wheel alignments have been done but to no effect so Im assuming its not wheel alignment problem.

Did i diagnose d problem correctly - steering alignment?

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Up Yours
hmm...common on protons actually...i have that but its minor prob as my mech sed to me...as long as wheel alignment no prob then its ok, this is due to steering rack bush worn. meaning when u turn max to right or left, then when u straighten back the steering wheel is angled towards ur last turned direction am i right?

Unveiled at the shores of Lake Como in northern Italy, the stylishly Italianized Z4 roadster had its sheets pulled off to reveal the BMW Zagato...