need advise on stock evo 3 engine

virus-v6

Known Member
May 30, 2006
hi brother's,

need some advise on a stock evo 3 engine.my bro had just converted his perdana engine to a evo 3 engine.the thing is wat are the parts to be changed or install to get atleast 1.5 bar without effecting the engine with a minimal cost.tis is becoz his mechanic told him that on a stock engine if we set the boost to 1.5 bar is dangerous to the engine.is it true n plzz advise in this matter.your advise is much appreciated.thank u brothers.....:confused:

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Swap EVO stock Piston and Con rod to VR4 and use 1.5metal gasket. I think this will be much safer. But ECU need to upgrade as well I don't think stock ecu can cater for 1.5bar boost. If can change the fuel pump aswell.

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Upgrade the fuel system (fuel pump, injectors), ECU (management/stand alone/piggy back), boost controller, exhaust system, cooling system, forged internals & not forgetting since you mentioned "just converted", please do an overall check up first - replace all worn belts, filters, fluids, worn hoses, spark plugs/wires, and worn/leaking gaskets & all the necessary maintainance. Btw, what's your budget in the first place?!

virus-v6

Known Member
May 30, 2006
thank u bro mines998 and hks for the advise...anyway he already replaced all the wear n tear parts such as timing belt, plugs(ngk irridium),plug cables.he is installing a e-manage too.his budget is bout 6k after the convertion.need more advise on the aftermarkets for some boost n horsie's.n most important advise on exaust systems too.thanks

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
in my opinion since and from experience assuming full stock condition engine all wear and tear replaced things to be changed are:
1.Fuel Pressure Regulator
2.Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
3.Better Clutch to Hold All that New Power
4.Thick Metal Head Gasket if you can find 2mm gasket even better since evo 3 compression is high
5.ARP Head Studs very very important
6.Management (Piggyback/Standalone)
7.Stainless Steel Intercooler Piping your stock one will leak at that boost pressure(Intercooler no need change unless you want bling bling Evo 3 intercooler very efficient already)
I think thats all required for that boost pressure with a td05 16g happy boosting
If i have forgotten anything please help me fill in :rolleyes:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
1.5mm metal head gasket+bigger injectors+walbro+fpr+ext w/gate+tuned emanage = less than 6k..IMHO, with these items, i believe 1.5 bar should be achievable on a 63t

i'm using 93t with stock internals but with the items mention above, i can boost 1.3bar and no prob..63t internals are much stronger than 93t..

virus-v6

Known Member
May 30, 2006
thank u bro kumar and ehdrian...btw bro ehdrian wat is frp stands for..need more info plzzz....n i need more info on the exaust systems too brothers...how many inches piping is good for it...plzzz advise more details...

regards:adore:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
fpr is fuel pressure regulator..

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
virus-v6 said:
thank u bro kumar and ehdrian...btw bro ehdrian wat is frp stands for..need more info plzzz....n i need more info on the exaust systems too brothers...how many inches piping is good for it...plzzz advise more details...

3" inlet will do

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Also, bigger HP doesn't mean the car is fast. Traction & weight to ratio plays an important roll as well...

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!

just change the muffler first because changing to stainless steel piping is very expensive almost rm1000 for a good one id rather spend that 1000 somewhere else
all you should do for now if change it to a higher flowing muffler and remove the cat con should be able to feel a difference already

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
how about RVR internals?? is it the same as evo 3's???
conrod and crank should be the same just the pistons you need to check the code if you happen to do a top overhaul this can be easily spotted on the top of the pistons
for example:
evo3 piston 63DT EV
vr4 pistons 63DT

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any sifu-sifu there can help me to solve my brake issue? I'm on evo 3 brake booster and master pump but after I installed the frt 4 pot caliper the pedal become lower position than before when you step it.

Any idea????:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience