Need Advise on oil additive. tufoil? X1R? lubguard? SLICK50?

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
oic........
good for u lorr.............
but does this X1R makes ur engine run smoother?? and save your petrol?

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
I believe the word is tappet. Here's just to share a little definition of it, in general. hehehe

tappet - Definitions from Dictionary.com

I been using tufoil for some time now. So far, I find it quite alright. However, I tried tufoil with Motul full synthetic engine oil. The most significant difference that I could feel is that the engine feels smoother when accelerating and also during idle, the engine is quieter. But now, I use tufoil with Q8 fully synthetic, it's like there's not much difference. However, I hope to do completel engine flush next month. I'm wondering whether I should do decarbonizing on my 12 year old engine or not.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
hi..a question..

theres a lot of 'fuel injection cleaner' (sort of) suppose to clean the injectorunit when add to the petrol tank. will this really work or at least can clean a bit? if it does, may members please suggest me which brand to use and the price?

or other way to clean the injector and the pricice too..thanks...

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
satria_95,
what engine u using with tufoil? can tell me the engine name.
well i just scared/doubt of 1 thing only. tufoil, slick50, X1R are made from PTFE/teflon. this chemical ingredient is also used to make the non stick layer on your frying/cooking pan. i just scared that this PTFE/teflon will coat/cover my sensor in my engine and screw it up. because i am using a fuel injection engine with chain (no timing belt) so there is a few sensor like crankshaft position sensor, timing sensor inside the engine and i believe the engine oil is covering those sensor. if my car is running on carburator engine then i wont doubt so much to put in tufoil. that's why i want to ask u what engine u using with tufoil. i also heard castrol magnatec + tufoil = can see many difference.

K_takuta,
i tried STP fuel cleaner which cost me RM10.90 from supermarket. when u pour it into ur fuel tank u will feel that ur car is getting more torque, same feeling like u pump shell v-power larr......... when u pump in new fuel u wont feel that anymore. so i not sure if it is cleaning the injector or not. i also read from somewhere that the fuel injector is self cleaning. and i also read that some people actually take off the injector and send for what ultrasonic cleaning. well the most important is to have a good fuel filter then i guess there wont be any dirt stucking your injector. hehe.............
use caltex fuel as it claims it has techron which cleans ur valve and injector.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
thanks stria_95. now i know what is tappet sound. my iswara also got tappet sound. then my mechanic take off my head and adjust all the valves then the tappet sound gone lorr...........

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Yes, tappet is really annoying. I just changed engine oil, Eneos 10-40 with oil treatment dont know what brand, as recommended by mechanic, and it helps me to extremely reduce my tappet sound. Out of budget yet to bring for hydraulic lifter servicing.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
i keep on thinking and thinking why this oil additive really so good kah?
their main ingredient is PTFE. if it is so good then why dont the oil company use it in their oil? particularly the main reason would be the PTFE will coat your engine parts and it will not be easy to remove it. and oil company main objective in making engine oil is to make an oil that can drain out all dirt without sticking/coating to the engine parts.

zamree7

Jan 19, 2007
oic........
good for u lorr.............
but does this X1R makes ur engine run smoother?? and save your petrol?
i notice that my engine run smoother and cooler now.. about Fuel Consumption.. still didn't notice any improvement.. maybe need to pour more fuel treatment as my car is 10years old car..:hmmmm:

i got my fren use the same Fuel treatment on his Gen-2 and it proven to save petrol..

Stock from Proton : 6.9L/100km
After 1 year : 7.8L/100km
After use X1R Fuel Treatment: 7.0L/100km

the fuel consumption slightly reduce after using the X1R Fuel treatment..

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
only improve 0.8l per 100 km. little only lerr................
after deduct the price of X1R its almost the same larr...........
hehe.............

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
northiswara,
I am using a stock satria 1.6 single cam, fuel injection 16valve. Hope that's enough information. haha Anyway, I have been using it thus far, it seems to be alright. However, I'll admit that it didn't really help me save any fuel or I didn't notice any difference in fuel consumption. :)

zamree7

Jan 19, 2007
only improve 0.8l per 100 km. little only lerr................
after deduct the price of X1R its almost the same larr...........
hehe.............
nope...the fuel treatment only cost you RM28.. we are not using it everytime we refuel, just use in once to clean our fuel injector, remove water, etc.. so our car can become stock again...

let say my fren use almost 6000km per month.. because his job need him to travel al ot.. then u can calculate how much he can save every month just by spending RM28.. then after u notice the fuel consumption increase again then pour the fuel treatment again ler..:biggrin:

Last edited:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
zamree,
u talking about fuel treatment or oil treatment? kind of blur here. hehe..........

zamree7

Jan 19, 2007
zamree,
u talking about fuel treatment or oil treatment? kind of blur here. hehe..........
owh.. sorry to make u blur.. im saying this for X1R Fuel Treatment not X1R engine oil treatment...hehe

if using X1R Engine treatment i didn't notice any improvement in term of fuel consumption.. just notice that my engine run smoother and cooler..:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm sure most of you here have discussed or heard about chassis stiffness and rigidity in converted cars specifically for Proton chassis with high powered Mitsubishi engines like 4G63T. For Proton's case, many will agree that some of these chassis will not be able to take the stress from the engine and cracks might develop somewhere in the chassis later after continuous usage. So, we can say that these chassis developed for ordinary road cars may not be suitable to withstand the stress from...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience