Need advise for Airtrek Turbo

Cars

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
Hi all, I was thinking of to get a Airtrek Turbo. But before that i wish to know fews points as below. Hope able to get some advise.

- Fuel comsuption?
- High maintenance?
- Spare part available?
- Any problem with the turbo or gear box?
- Or some I might left out :hmmmm:

Thanks in advance :driver:

Cars

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
I heard that before also. Full tank only get less than 400km. But don't know true or not. :hmmmm:

ShaolinTiger

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.shaolintiger.com
Hi all, I was thinking of to get a Airtrek Turbo. But before that i wish to know fews points as below. Hope able to get some advise.

- Fuel comsuption?
- High maintenance?
- Spare part available?
- Any problem with the turbo or gear box?
- Or some I might left out :hmmmm:

Thanks in advance :driver:
Yah best to join http://airtreker.com/ - all the answers are already there.

1) FC is high yah, depends on how you drive tho and how you tune/mod your car. For city driving I usually get around 320km per tank. But mine is fairly heavily modified, some members report over 400km regularly and some get 500+ for highway driving (keep boost below 0.3).
2) Ok, normal for turbo engine, 4G63T is an old engine so half cut parts are pretty easy to find. Plus it's basically same engine in Evo 7 so lots of after-market parts too.
3) Yes as above.
4) GB is ok, just take care of it, change the ATF at proper interval (every 15,000km) and don't put full torque down during 1st and 2nd gear, only 3rd gear can really tahan. Turbo of course will have problem sometimes, cos it's mechanical part it'll wear out. It's normal TD04 tho so easily can get repair kit and do full service at Tong Turbo (I just did mine, including full service, some port mod and extending the fins for less than RM1k).
5) Most common problems for ATR is cracked manifold, stepper motor (idle control) and air flow sensor, the rest is pretty solid.

I love my car, no regrets :)

Cars

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
Thanks a lot for ur advise ShaolinTiger......http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/members/shaolintiger.html

Yah best to join http://airtreker.com/ - all the answers are already there.

1) FC is high yah, depends on how you drive tho and how you tune/mod your car. For city driving I usually get around 320km per tank. But mine is fairly heavily modified, some members report over 400km regularly and some get 500+ for highway driving (keep boost below 0.3).
2) Ok, normal for turbo engine, 4G63T is an old engine so half cut parts are pretty easy to find. Plus it's basically same engine in Evo 7 so lots of after-market parts too.
3) Yes as above.
4) GB is ok, just take care of it, change the ATF at proper interval (every 15,000km) and don't put full torque down during 1st and 2nd gear, only 3rd gear can really tahan. Turbo of course will have problem sometimes, cos it's mechanical part it'll wear out. It's normal TD04 tho so easily can get repair kit and do full service at Tong Turbo (I just did mine, including full service, some port mod and extending the fins for less than RM1k).
5) Most common problems for ATR is cracked manifold, stepper motor (idle control) and air flow sensor, the rest is pretty solid.

I love my car, no regrets :)

panaroL

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
curious - when you compare an Evo 7 GTA with an Airtrek Turbo (same engine, same gearbox) - why do you find the Evo to cost much more than the Airtrek? Is it purely based on desirability, or is there any other reasons.

thanks!

Cars

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
Base on the advise, i think Airtrek Turbo must be quite a nice car to drive,only thing the FC a bit high... :driver:

A

An Unregistered User

Whenever u mention the words 'turbo' , there is no chance for u to getting a low FC.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I think there's no free lunch in this world. You want fun, you need to pay for it..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

print out the pic outline that i wan cut

here is the sticker...

stick the outline pic on the sticker..& follow the outline cut..wif cutter

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience