Need Advice: Will a shaky antenna pole interfere the signal?

ACM

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Selangor
Dear IT Sifu,
Base on the title above can someone help me to verify this problem? Coz currently our vendor just came to install 1 pole for our Canopy antenna w/o the disk. They are using normal pipe size pole. About 2cm in diameter. Eventhough the antenna is small but a windy situation will shake the pole. Will this shaky pole interfere the signal?

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
ACM said:
Dear IT Sifu,
Base on the title above can someone help me to verify this problem? Coz currently our vendor just came to install 1 pole for our Canopy antenna w/o the disk. They are using normal pipe size pole. About 2cm in diameter. Eventhough the antenna is small but a windy situation will shake the pole. Will this shaky pole interfere the signal?
depending on the type of the type of antenna, there are omnidirectional type, directional type, Yagi antenna.... which performs differently.

yes.. it will affect, especially the directional and yagi antennas.

pinkdotdesigns

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
yeah it will sure affect the signal. but based on my experience, motorola has it's own software to aitomatically correct the SNR (signal to noise ratio) that may be generated by the shaking of the CPE (Customer premise equipment).

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I received word that the new Ferrari FF (Ferrari Four) was in town for a couple of days, to be previewed by potential customers. I really wanted to make it, but I would be out of town for several days over the weekend; so once I got back from my holiday, I made it a point to head for Naza Italia to see it in the flesh.

So... what exactly is the Ferrari FF (Ferrari Four)? Touted as the replacement for the 612...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience