National Automotive Policy 2009 Review Results

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
I tink road accidents are more towards to driver's attitude.

Regarding used parts, immitation parts, old parts, new parts or watever parts are more or less a more pleasant listening reason to implement the new rules. Used parts from Japan has far more quality and last longer than new parts (wic majority are immitation). Have been proven thru self experience. That's why chop shop is a more preferable solution to me after that.

If we're trying to talk bout the parts causing danger I tink they better check out the new parts/ immitation parts. Those are the real culprits compared to chop shop parts.

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
i foresee

-more imitation parts gonna be sold in market. (imitation parts are sold as new parts maa!)

-a whole lot MORE cases of stolen cars (where else you gonna get cheap but original parts?)

anything else i left out? :biggrin:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Any insurans claim will remove ur ori part and replace with imitation part for double profit. :biggrin:

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
does the government dare to show statistics of the age of cars that have been involved in accidents? can an independent party audit those figures?

I guess not.....

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

How does the government define vintage? What is the target that the government want to phase out?

I don't think they will tell us.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

what about the poor people who cannot afford newer cars?

nope. nothing mentioned.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

In these puspakom checks, is there a fool proof guidelines and system to determine whether the car is fit or not?

I don't think so. Just like everything else, the approval depends on the person checking your car.

ichigo3591

Aug 21, 2009
selangor
who can copy paste all we wrote and send to the ministry?

lets get some signatory and send over to the right ministry.

we are replying with tons of valued points and objections over this NAP thingy, why not put it to good use?

Sent to opposition leader to let them make the issue..better than sent to our G..:thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: G..:smokin:

JoeSIPDE

Feb 10, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
BN=Barang Naik... Dei never failed...:biggrin:... to raise the pricing... Must do biz maahhh... Always da same-o same-o.... Meaning that for the next remaining 4-5 years the current administration regime will have the time to "korek wang" full-speed & full-blast ahead from us normal folks... coz they know sooner or later the rakyat will wake-up from their long sleep...

"He said that the review was undertaken after extensive discussions with industry players including manufacturers, assemblers, auto parts makers, non-governmental organisation as well as car associations".

Whose the NGO? The insurance co lar...This new NAP is definitely very-very good for the "Elites" that controlled the automotive industry, as the talks was held with those high profile groups only... not even a single layman like us that used to visit the chopshop cast any opinion votes for this new NAP. Not even the normal MPs (laymans in automotive) were invited for the discussions (cabinet ministers & followers only invited)... they (normal MP) only knew it when it is tabled in the parliament (with a bang in the face):stoned:...

As for the fund for bumi development, u guys have to understand... new regime, new line-up of followers lah... meaning this fund is specially for the political backers lah... And the strings will continue to sub-cons of non-bumis (which also got political backers connections)...

know wat i mean bros?

Last edited:

skyline_maniac

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
www.trevormoorehouse.i8.com
guys.....penang volkswagen owners club has already taken action to protest against this nuisance NAP ruling....

Old Beetle owners want Govt to scrap mandatory inspection rule

strongly suggest that we voice-out our concerns as well....zth has been the base of most car clubs in klang valley over the years....we have a large numbers of members registered to this forum as well....so having zth as a channel to voice our concern on this issue would be appropriate and may awaken this "G" as our concern and voice comes from various car owners or enthusiast within this community....

its about time we all do our part to save our beloved passion to our rides and the car modding scene in Malaysia....:frown:

basis

Aug 8, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Well from june 2011, chop shop spare part will become expensive and slowly die off, Guess who gain from it.....NAP big brother, We as rakyat will suffer for the gain for them.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
here's a newspaper cutting from the Star, sunday 31 Oct 2009. It hits the right spot.

[/URL]

The author asked why the stupid policy?
answer: POLITICS

So, choose your politician/leaders with care or suffer your own mistake.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
One of my fren from my other forum post this in a local dailies

sorry, it's in malay.... but we can also voice our concerns at our fave local dailies...

the more voice the better

p/s: why all hafkat taukey are quiet about this? They do have their 'persatuan' rite?
That's a very thoughtful and well-written piece. Thanks for posting it here.

At this time, there is no specific deadline about when they are planning to implement the '15 year old vehicle rule'. I will take a guess that it won't be universally popular and my hope is they are merely testing the waters to gauge public reaction with an option to scrap the plan if it generates too much negative reaction. Let's hope that is the case.

But then again...we cannot underestimate the current administration's uncanny ability for sheer stupidity and arrogance...and quite often, downright questionable motives. So it is indeed a worry.

I don't believe most people I know will have much faith that a Puspakom inspection will be carried out objectively. You know, it's just a lot of discretion in the hands of a couple idiots in uniform to simply declare your car unworthy. It would have been a different story had the Government machinery and its institutions consistently conduct their affairs professionally but let's be quite honest here....people don't often associate govenrment institutions with professionalism, integrity and intelligence....and for good reasons with plenty of history to justify such poor perceptions.

It's just a damn shame we didn't manage to vote them out in the last election.

I'm not sure what idiot thought that the middle and low income wage earners can afford to keep whittling off their savings to finance a new car when often their first car is kept perfectly functional and safe.

Yup, I'm a one-car owner with a 15 year old car. I have just refurbish and upgraded it lovingly. It's better than new and safer too. But you know, these BN people...I used to vote for them....but they keep forgetting it's the common folk who put them where they are today. Those fuck1ng a$$holes at Putrajaya.

Jutan Supplier

Known Member
Aug 27, 2007
www.facebook.com
many will be badly affected... rakyat.. chop shops.. accessories shops...2nd hand car shops....etc..etc...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I need some suggestion or advice if i want to add on turbo kit for my Silvertop engine (4AGE-20V)!!! Please anybody have x;perience for this engine ... please tell me how much cost and what brand of turbo kit to use and other stuff....thank you.:shocked:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience