NA with Supercharger Kit Thread

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hi again all ZTH members ... Here to create a thread which will mainly discuss only SUPERCHARGER issues ... I understand that supercharger is a type of Force Induction system which is the kit itself is mounted on the crank (engine) ... The pulley driven device will drives the air into the kit and compresses it then send it to the intake manifold ...

Ok thats some brief introduction ... Hope i've got them all correct ... Now the further on discussion will be NA engines to fix with supercharger kit ...

Recently am researching BOT for my Nissan Sentra N16, 1.6 litre with auto tranny ... While was on a visit to D'Pro, happen to see another Nissan Sentra N16 with same spec as mine but its a Nismo Edition i believe, is undergoing BOT project ... The car is featured in Extreme Mag ... Spec of the engine is shown at below

Custom Turbo Manifold
Garrett GT25 ball bearing twin scroll turbine
Custom 2.5" Exhaust Piping
Custom Intercooler Piping
Greddy Emanage Blue for A/F tuning
Stock Engine Internals !!!!! :love:

Well basically that is all i remembered from that day i saw it ...That car now is having 163 bhp on the crank after the BOT project ... I am wondered that can a Supercharger perform better than a turbocharged machine ? Well lets say i wanna achieve the same BHP level on the crank, which is 160 bhp, if possible higher would be prefered :rofl:, can a supercharger kit perform that without touching the internals ??

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi again all ZTH members ... Here to create a thread which will mainly discuss only SUPERCHARGER issues ... I understand that supercharger is a type of Force Induction system which is the kit itself is mounted on the crank (engine) ... The pulley driven device will drives the air into the kit and compresses it then send it to the intake manifold ...

Ok thats some brief introduction ... Hope i've got them all correct ... Now the further on discussion will be NA engines to fix with supercharger kit ...

Recently am researching BOT for my Nissan Sentra N16, 1.6 litre with auto tranny ... While was on a visit to D'Pro, happen to see another Nissan Sentra N16 with same spec as mine but its a Nismo Edition i believe, is undergoing BOT project ... The car is featured in Extreme Mag ... Spec of the engine is shown at below

Custom Turbo Manifold
Garrett GT25 ball bearing twin scroll turbine
Custom 2.5" Exhaust Piping
Custom Intercooler Piping
Greddy Emanage Blue for A/F tuning
Stock Engine Internals !!!!! :love:

Well basically that is all i remembered from that day i saw it ...That car now is having 163 bhp on the crank after the BOT project ... I am wondered that can a Supercharger perform better than a turbocharged machine ? Well lets say i wanna achieve the same BHP level on the crank, which is 160 bhp, if possible higher would be prefered :rofl:, can a supercharger kit perform that without touching the internals ??
Well, basically there is not so much system on the engine when u are comparing 2 type of force induction system. When comes to SC system, power is almost immediate and no lags. But at low rpm, the SC pulley could be a burden for the crank. To make it simple, their powerband range are different. Depends on what u want.

If you are talking about dyno figure on paper... Not too sure. But last time Turbo Sang did Satria GTI stock internals with 180+ is I am not mistaken quite successfully. Came to the production stage for SGTI.

Stock internals..? Should be able to cope the force induction. But up to what extend..? That's a question to consider about. And the second question would be.. How reliable..? The third question would be... How experience are the workshop here to do BO"SC". There is one mentioned above, too bad he's retired, the workshop is being run by his son now.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Thx for the first reply from speed ... Well my ideal hp gain for this puffy sentra is about 155hp on crank ... What i wan its the torque that can let has a stronger acceleration ... Well i do find out that charged engine with 200 hp will produce more torque than NA engine with 200 hp ... I don't intend to continue any further on NA mods to the high stroke but not rev friendly QG16 ... So Force induction comes to my mind now ... If any1 with decent experience in turbocharging, i don't mind to turbocharged it ... But i do want to try out on this supercharged ...

Oh yeah i think most of you have heard of Kleeman right ? They provide aftermarket superchargers to Mercedes Benz ... Well can i fit those on the inline 4 cylinders twincam engine ? I found out that mostly Benz with supercharged engine are varied from V6 to V12 ...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Ok... If u've been searching around... U should be able to find my post quite some time ago regarding a Bolt On supercharge on to my car, which is Proton 1.6 4G92P SOHC. After doing numerous of researches and studies. I ended up bolting on turbo into my car. And now, I am running on 4G92 DOHC BOT.

The characteristic of my engine used to be short stroke with high compression pistons(roof type crown).

There are a few types of supercharger, and Mercedes utilizes the compressor type for better efficiency in air compression. And there are other type like twin screw, root type and etc. Depending on what your budget and expectation is... Most of the Mitsubishi and honda that bolt on supercharger uses Toyota Supercharger. That's about supercharger.

About the engine, if you are really not willing to touch the internals, at least reduce your compression ratio with a thicker head gasket. That's the cheapest way.

And about the fuel management, it's somehow different from NAs and u may need at least a piggyback to tune the air fuel ratio. When air fuel ratio is increased when boosting, a bigger capacity fuel pump is required to supply sufficient fuel or... Engine knock.

Regarding the necessary hardwares, the major difference would be the heart of both system. The SC and the turbo.

When doing a BOT, u need to customize the exhaust manifold to direct the exhaust to drive the turbine, and maybe a custom intercooler piping to cool down compressed air This is easy for Mitsu due to the same series engine that is Stock turbocharged. Just like 4G91/92/93/94 can use the GSR manifold and even turbo. Also intercooler piping.

But when it comes to supercharged, U have to custom a bracket to hold the SC pulley to drive the air compressor. And also customize the belt. U also need to customize the intercooler/intake piping. Exhaust, u can use back what U have. But still better have an exhaust the release air faster.

But still, U have to understand your engine characteristic well before you actually bolt on a turbo/supercharge. Or else more sever problem may come in place.

Last edited:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Thank you for the patience to type so much here speed ... Just returned from a Aus trip ... Yes i do find those difficulties in SC ... BOT sure is much easier than SC ... Well not much can be discussed here then ... Better close the thread ... Any1 if like to add something here are welcome to do so :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

all sifu here, i m new here. is that who know what is the prosedure for transplant engine?is that we can take back the part belong to our own car after modified?normally how we know that they will use all the part of the halfcut, if they dint do as what they provide can we as them to do for us?10s lot guy.hope u can help me.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience