Myvi SE/Extreme 1.5 modifications

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
bro, i plan to put the front strut bar and rear ARB, what i found in the engine bay was the 1.5 engine is larger than 1.3, and the point from the absorber mounting to another mounting , in between was blocked by the air intake filter box... as i read from one forum (which i dun really remember where it is), some one said there will be a sound like ' tack tack' when you press the throttle, this is because the engine move back when you accelerate and air filter box hit the bar... so it is UR had come out any new front strut bar for the new myvi 1.3 or 1.5cc? any one here with 1.5 SE had already put the front strut bar? it is fitting all these bar do not require drill or modification? will it void our warranty? thx~ :adore::hmmmm:
Dude, this has been discussed countless times. If you're worried about warranty, then don't install anything. If P2 want to find some excuse not to honour their warranty then doing these installs will kill you.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
bro, i plan to put the front strut bar and rear ARB, what i found in the engine bay was the 1.5 engine is larger than 1.3, and the point from the absorber mounting to another mounting , in between was blocked by the air intake filter box... as i read from one forum (which i dun really remember where it is), some one said there will be a sound like ' tack tack' when you press the throttle, this is because the engine move back when you accelerate and air filter box hit the bar... so it is UR had come out any new front strut bar for the new myvi 1.3 or 1.5cc? any one here with 1.5 SE had already put the front strut bar? it is fitting all these bar do not require drill or modification? will it void our warranty? thx~ :adore::hmmmm:
Don't worry.. Ur had came out with front strut for 1.5 as well. I'm currently using it. It's just plug and play and there's no removing of parts. So don't have to worry bout warranty part.

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Dude, this has been discussed countless times. If you're worried about warranty, then don't install anything. If P2 want to find some excuse not to honour their warranty then doing these installs will kill you.
no la... just wanna confirm only...

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Don't worry.. Ur had came out with front strut for 1.5 as well. I'm currently using it. It's just plug and play and there's no removing of parts. So don't have to worry bout warranty part.
thx alot for the feedback bro:adore:

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

it is possible to convert the new myvi rear drum to disc without changing the knuckle like just plug in the rotor, caliper and hoses only? if we convert the rear to disc break, will it affect the ABS and EDB syste,??? :confused:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
From drum brake to disc brake..of course there is no plug and play. They are totally different. As far as I know, Myvi is only front ABS. Unless u're going for turbo I dont think we need four disc brake. Just upgrade the front brake system, better hose, better brake fluid and use better drum shoe will be satisfying.

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
From drum brake to disc brake..of course there is no plug and play. They are totally different. As far as I know, Myvi is only front ABS. Unless u're going for turbo I dont think we need four disc brake. Just upgrade the front brake system, better hose, better brake fluid and use better drum shoe will be satisfying.
car with 4 disc break look nice... lol.... but since the rear is drum, not really good in brake cooling, will it become ineffective if we drive downhill from genting? since we gonna put so much of stress on the front:hmmmm:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
car with 4 disc break look nice... lol.... but since the rear is drum, not really good in brake cooling, will it become ineffective if we drive downhill from genting? since we gonna put so much of stress on the front:hmmmm:
If you're going downhill like Genting..do not totally rely on ur brake..even if you have 4 disc. Drum brakes are actually more reliable than disc brakes and last longer. Of course the stopping power is not better than disc, but they are economical and effective. For the heat issue, you'll still experience it if you're using disc rotors and pads that are not dat good. They tends to get hard and there you go..losing your braking ability. For a 900kg+ car, upgrading the rotor,pads,hose,fluid, enuf already..but if u wana look nice...then no choice gotta go for 4 disc hehe

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If you're going downhill like Genting..do not totally rely on ur brake..even if you have 4 disc. Drum brakes are actually more reliable than disc brakes and last longer. Of course the stopping power is not better than disc, but they are economical and effective. For the heat issue, you'll still experience it if you're using disc rotors and pads that are not dat good. They tends to get hard and there you go..losing your braking ability. For a 900kg+ car, upgrading the rotor,pads,hose,fluid, enuf already..but if u wana look nice...then no choice gotta go for 4 disc hehe
so if change the front rotor to a bigger size will it increase the braking?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hi Ixeo,
can i know where can get Ur bar with good price? if install struck bar front need ARB anymore? i think just to install font and rear ARB bar only.
if i wanna install the EK4 disc break by myself. what should i buy? all the hose got already?
I have no idea man. I've never owned a single piece of UR stuff in my entire life. And looking at their stuff, I doubt I will own any in the foreseeable future, unless they acquire proper engineering technology.

I either leave the car stock standard as it is from the factory, or install proper Japanese/European engineered parts on it. I don't compromise when it comes to safety. And I don't like to guess whether the part works or not, and neither would I want to be a lab rat to test their products, and when the product is a failure in design they come up with a new v2 product. Just like the UR 1st version rear lower arm bar.

I find it pretty stupid to pay money and buy a product and test it for the manufacturer, and if it works, good lor, doesn't work, I put my safety, my family's safety, and other road users in danger, and thereafter they come up with a "new" version 2 design, after I, the consumer, find out the product doesn't work.

If you want to modify your car, do it right, or don't do it at all.

This is merely my opinion, having no experience with their product, but having observed their "designs" and feedback from other actual users (or lab rats) I will stay the hell away from UR.

An example from a Proton Inspira club
Complete sets of strut bars (~RM1500-RM2000) (miuk: Becareful of which UR strut bar that you install for the rear setup. There's 2 bottom rear units that's installed connecting the rocker part of the lower rear suspension that should not be installed. It's around 6-8 inches long, installed at the sides parallel to the length of the car. As that part will rock (move up and down) together with the car, it can touch the brake cables and in some cases after long use, shear those cables. Parts Number: RLS4-443P. CLICK FOR PICTURE)
Is it worth risking YOUR life installing rubbish in your car? Up to you man. But if your brakes fail, caused by UR or any other rubbish product, please drive yourself to the nearest tree or ditch and kill yourself, don't harm other road users.

P/S Don't misunderstand, I am not being rude, I'm speaking in a matter of fact fashion.

Last edited:

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
guys, im thinking of changing the rim for my 1.5 myvi... current stock rim 14" seem bit small... im targeting to make my car front 2 finger gap, rear 3 finger gap... but before i decided to change the rim, i think it's better for me to change to a lowering spring, eibach... by using eibach, which size of rim should i put to make my ideal finger gap between the tire and fender? is 195/50/R16 gonna make huge changes in fc and acceleration? i wish the new rim gonna make it look flush from the fender and the wheel side... :adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
so if change the front rotor to a bigger size will it increase the braking?
Aiyo.. no la. You want better bite and better braking ultimately you need to change the caliper. Bigger rotor doesn't do much because the calipers are still the same size. If you're talking about the 1.3 Myvi rotor, then changing to the bigger rotor will help sort out some manufacturing errors for the calipers and all that. Look up my threads, I have one sales thread that has some pictures and youtubes on how this works and I am also selling the solution.

Anyway, Myvi has a lot of flaws, and personally I don't think it was ever designed for hardcore driving. If you want to drive like a ghost in the night down Genting Sempah you're probably better off with another car. Myvis are nippy and zippy, but fast and stable they are not.

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Aiyo.. no la. You want better bite and better braking ultimately you need to change the caliper. Bigger rotor doesn't do much because the calipers are still the same size. If you're talking about the 1.3 Myvi rotor, then changing to the bigger rotor will help sort out some manufacturing errors for the calipers and all that. Look up my threads, I have one sales thread that has some pictures and youtubes on how this works and I am also selling the solution.

Anyway, Myvi has a lot of flaws, and personally I don't think it was ever designed for hardcore driving. If you want to drive like a ghost in the night down Genting Sempah you're probably better off with another car. Myvis are nippy and zippy, but fast and stable they are not.
i see.... thx bro~

bktay

Jan 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I have no idea man. I've never owned a single piece of UR stuff in my entire life. And looking at their stuff, I doubt I will own any in the foreseeable future, unless they acquire proper engineering technology.

I either leave the car stock standard as it is from the factory, or install proper Japanese/European engineered parts on it. I don't compromise when it comes to safety. And I don't like to guess whether the part works or not, and neither would I want to be a lab rat to test their products, and when the product is a failure in design they come up with a new v2 product. Just like the UR 1st version rear lower arm bar.

I find it pretty stupid to pay money and buy a product and test it for the manufacturer, and if it works, good lor, doesn't work, I put my safety, my family's safety, and other road users in danger, and thereafter they come up with a "new" version 2 design, after I, the consumer, find out the product doesn't work.

If you want to modify your car, do it right, or don't do it at all.

This is merely my opinion, having no experience with their product, but having observed their "designs" and feedback from other actual users (or lab rats) I will stay the hell away from UR.

An example from a Proton Inspira club

Is it worth risking YOUR life installing rubbish in your car? Up to you man. But if your brakes fail, caused by UR or any other rubbish product, please drive yourself to the nearest tree or ditch and kill yourself, don't harm other road users.

P/S Don't misunderstand, I am not being rude, I'm speaking in a matter of fact fashion.
Hi bro, thanks for your myvi mods info!!! I am a 1.5 owner, i also thinking to buy a front strut tower bar. What brands you recommend? i know dsport... but they have release 1.5 model?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi bro, thanks for your myvi mods info!!! I am a 1.5 owner, i also thinking to buy a front strut tower bar. What brands you recommend? i know dsport... but they have release 1.5 model?
I'm at odds with Ixeo's comments. I am a supporter of some (not all) of UR products. The front tower strut is the same whether you use UR or whatever other brand (except for those made from CF, that one different) so I'd just go for whichever is better for your wallet. There's a lot of brands these days, UR, UTR, Dsport, etc. Front strut tower essentially is the same.

bktay

Jan 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I'm at odds with Ixeo's comments. I am a supporter of some (not all) of UR products. The front tower strut is the same whether you use UR or whatever other brand (except for those made from CF, that one different) so I'd just go for whichever is better for your wallet. There's a lot of brands these days, UR, UTR, Dsport, etc. Front strut tower essentially is the same.
Hi bro, thanks for your reply. maybe the tech are same but i also worry the quality... i saw ixeo previous post, ur bar broken... i just thinking maybe buy some famous brand can be more tahan...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Agree..myvi is not a sports car. It's possible to turn it into a sports car with money and engineering. But for everyday driving, just improve the safety and a little performance for pure fun is good enough. But if u wana modify ur myvi until like daihatsu boon rally car..Prepare $$$$$

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Hi bro, thanks for your reply. maybe the tech are same but i also worry the quality... i saw ixeo previous post, ur bar broken... i just thinking maybe buy some famous brand can be more tahan...
Well like every consumer should do, do some researches before getting any product is always helping. Not only that, the info you get gotta be valid and true coz many things in the Internet are just marketing gimmick or some dude trying to explain what he or she thinks it's true. Like my professor said, I don't mind u copy n paste info, but u have to analyze whether it is true or false coz the article might have been written by a 10year old kid.

I bought UR front strut as it is in one piece I.e more rigidity and value for money. They also have lifetime warranty and testlab. There are many brands there with their own pros n cons. So just pick one which is the optimum. Chheeerrrs

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any sifu here.....my budget is below RM1000 plus installation....which suspension is the best for Iswara Aeroback ?? GAB ?? Monroe ?? I want good handling n comfort...:wink:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience