Myvi SE/Extreme 1.5 modifications

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The UR part I talking about is the rear lower bar - old design. No issue with their ARB as its robbed and duplicated from the Passo Racy design.

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
The picture of that rear lower bar is an old pic. UR no more produce this type of lower bar for Myvi they have another design is call rear lower brace and is fix at a different area... If only to fix at that area like in the picture, they only have ARB 16mm or 19mm.

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
haha finally i got someone that got same idea with mine... i agree with ixeo, UR design is and was rubbish... not only rear anti roll bar, front strut bar and fender bar also rubbish...
the 3 point fender bar, 2 point bolt to door, 1 more point where to bolt on? that one must drill a hole to chassis or weld it... if not, no point to use it... there is still no real anti roll bar for myvi except 3max bar, but the design so sophisticated, please, look at Boon X4 rear anti roll bar, what is the different? but no one produce thing like that for myvi, just need little modification...:rofl:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Eh? I tot 3max anti roll bar is exactly the same as Passo ARB which is also same as UR ARB (Same design,different material of course).

How bout other mods? Any mods to make the car more fuel efficient? Any1 to share what's your FC? Mine max out was 14.x km/l (combination of city and some highway driving). My fren said his 1.3 can reach up to 16km/l ~ 17km/l @@"

Charles89

Jun 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Can let me know where can i change the lagi best 1.3 break system in klang? Can recommend?

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

can tell me where to get best price for UR bar for lagibest myvi 1.3? what should i install in?

radhie

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
Can let me know where can i change the lagi best 1.3 break system in klang? Can recommend?

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

can tell me where to get best price for UR bar for lagibest myvi 1.3? what should i install in?
bro,u want to change to big brake kit?rm480 at klang,taken out from honda prelude bb1..minimum rim size is 15 inch to clear the brake..

Charles89

Jun 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Radhie,
klang which part? actually i'm looking for 15" rims and wanted to get better break kits. you know where got sell this rims with cheap? can pm me your contact? i have few question to mod my myvi 1.3 without spec. feel sad for the breaking system and handling.

Attachments

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
bro,u want to change to big brake kit?rm480 at klang,taken out from honda prelude bb1..minimum rim size is 15 inch to clear the brake..
prelude bb1 is 4x114, myvi is 4x100, trust me you don't want the bb1 rotor, get the the brakes from ek4 instead. 4x100, rotor same size as bb1

If i just want good handling just for normal corner, which UR bar i should install? ARB only?
front strut bar and rear anti roll bar 16mm. that is enough for a street car, and will make the most significant difference to give you max bang for bucks.

radhie

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
charles 89:
its somewhere at Jalan Sentosa..SKL garage

ixeo:
yup the prelude bb1/bb4 is 4x114, the workshop already make a 4x100 hole on the rotor..but the rotor size is 282mm..ek4 also 282mm?or 262mm im not sure.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
what they do is drill the holes on the rotor, which compromises the integrity of the disc rotor. drilling rotors can easily cause it to have hot spots under use and causes it to crack, or worst, failure under use.

whatever you do, do not !@#$ around with brakes.

ek4 is 262mm, but its enough for a Myvi. 282mm won't even clear 15" rims.

bear in mind the EK4 is a 1 ton car (Myvi also around 980kg~1ton) with 168bhp. I doubt a Myvi will be 168bhp..so the EK4 brakes is more than enough.

Charles89

Jun 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
what they do is drill the holes on the rotor, which compromises the integrity of the disc rotor. drilling rotors can easily cause it to have hot spots under use and causes it to crack, or worst, failure under use.

whatever you do, do not !@#$ around with brakes.

ek4 is 262mm, but its enough for a Myvi. 282mm won't even clear 15" rims.

bear in mind the EK4 is a 1 ton car (Myvi also around 980kg~1ton) with 168bhp. I doubt a Myvi will be 168bhp..so the EK4 brakes is more than enough.
Hi Ixeo,
can i know where can get Ur bar with good price? if install struck bar front need ARB anymore? i think just to install font and rear ARB bar only.
if i wanna install the EK4 disc break by myself. what should i buy? all the hose got already?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
U might try zhapalang motorsport at Kepong. They can give good price if you are looking for UR bars. If you're looking for something more expensive then u've gotta ask others. I recommend you install front strut, front lower arm, rear lower arm and rear anti roll. You'll feel the difference immediately. If you have lowered your ride and have stiffer suspensions, then u might wana consider fender bars.

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
U might try zhapalang motorsport at Kepong. They can give good price if you are looking for UR bars. If you're looking for something more expensive then u've gotta ask others. I recommend you install front strut, front lower arm, rear lower arm and rear anti roll. You'll feel the difference immediately. If you have lowered your ride and have stiffer suspensions, then u might wana consider fender bars.
bro, i plan to put the front strut bar and rear ARB, what i found in the engine bay was the 1.5 engine is larger than 1.3, and the point from the absorber mounting to another mounting , in between was blocked by the air intake filter box... as i read from one forum (which i dun really remember where it is), some one said there will be a sound like ' tack tack' when you press the throttle, this is because the engine move back when you accelerate and air filter box hit the bar... so it is UR had come out any new front strut bar for the new myvi 1.3 or 1.5cc? any one here with 1.5 SE had already put the front strut bar? it is fitting all these bar do not require drill or modification? will it void our warranty? thx~ :adore::hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
bro, i plan to put the front strut bar and rear ARB, what i found in the engine bay was the 1.5 engine is larger than 1.3, and the point from the absorber mounting to another mounting , in between was blocked by the air intake filter box... as i read from one forum (which i dun really remember where it is), some one said there will be a sound like ' tack tack' when you press the throttle, this is because the engine move back when you accelerate and air filter box hit the bar... so it is UR had come out any new front strut bar for the new myvi 1.3 or 1.5cc? any one here with 1.5 SE had already put the front strut bar? it is fitting all these bar do not require drill or modification? will it void our warranty? thx~ :adore::hmmmm:
Dude, this has been discussed countless times. If you're worried about warranty, then don't install anything. If P2 want to find some excuse not to honour their warranty then doing these installs will kill you.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Don't worry.. Ur had came out with front strut for 1.5 as well. I'm currently using it. It's just plug and play and there's no removing of parts. So don't have to worry bout warranty part.

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Dude, this has been discussed countless times. If you're worried about warranty, then don't install anything. If P2 want to find some excuse not to honour their warranty then doing these installs will kill you.
no la... just wanna confirm only...

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Don't worry.. Ur had came out with front strut for 1.5 as well. I'm currently using it. It's just plug and play and there's no removing of parts. So don't have to worry bout warranty part.
thx alot for the feedback bro:adore:

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

it is possible to convert the new myvi rear drum to disc without changing the knuckle like just plug in the rotor, caliper and hoses only? if we convert the rear to disc break, will it affect the ABS and EDB syste,??? :confused:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
From drum brake to disc brake..of course there is no plug and play. They are totally different. As far as I know, Myvi is only front ABS. Unless u're going for turbo I dont think we need four disc brake. Just upgrade the front brake system, better hose, better brake fluid and use better drum shoe will be satisfying.

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
From drum brake to disc brake..of course there is no plug and play. They are totally different. As far as I know, Myvi is only front ABS. Unless u're going for turbo I dont think we need four disc brake. Just upgrade the front brake system, better hose, better brake fluid and use better drum shoe will be satisfying.
car with 4 disc break look nice... lol.... but since the rear is drum, not really good in brake cooling, will it become ineffective if we drive downhill from genting? since we gonna put so much of stress on the front:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to check is the fuel pump is in working condition or
spoil. How long can a fuel pump can be use, 3yrs, 5yrs or 6yrs?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience