Myvi SE/Extreme 1.5 modifications

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
car with 4 disc break look nice... lol.... but since the rear is drum, not really good in brake cooling, will it become ineffective if we drive downhill from genting? since we gonna put so much of stress on the front:hmmmm:
If you're going downhill like Genting..do not totally rely on ur brake..even if you have 4 disc. Drum brakes are actually more reliable than disc brakes and last longer. Of course the stopping power is not better than disc, but they are economical and effective. For the heat issue, you'll still experience it if you're using disc rotors and pads that are not dat good. They tends to get hard and there you go..losing your braking ability. For a 900kg+ car, upgrading the rotor,pads,hose,fluid, enuf already..but if u wana look nice...then no choice gotta go for 4 disc hehe

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If you're going downhill like Genting..do not totally rely on ur brake..even if you have 4 disc. Drum brakes are actually more reliable than disc brakes and last longer. Of course the stopping power is not better than disc, but they are economical and effective. For the heat issue, you'll still experience it if you're using disc rotors and pads that are not dat good. They tends to get hard and there you go..losing your braking ability. For a 900kg+ car, upgrading the rotor,pads,hose,fluid, enuf already..but if u wana look nice...then no choice gotta go for 4 disc hehe
so if change the front rotor to a bigger size will it increase the braking?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hi Ixeo,
can i know where can get Ur bar with good price? if install struck bar front need ARB anymore? i think just to install font and rear ARB bar only.
if i wanna install the EK4 disc break by myself. what should i buy? all the hose got already?
I have no idea man. I've never owned a single piece of UR stuff in my entire life. And looking at their stuff, I doubt I will own any in the foreseeable future, unless they acquire proper engineering technology.

I either leave the car stock standard as it is from the factory, or install proper Japanese/European engineered parts on it. I don't compromise when it comes to safety. And I don't like to guess whether the part works or not, and neither would I want to be a lab rat to test their products, and when the product is a failure in design they come up with a new v2 product. Just like the UR 1st version rear lower arm bar.

I find it pretty stupid to pay money and buy a product and test it for the manufacturer, and if it works, good lor, doesn't work, I put my safety, my family's safety, and other road users in danger, and thereafter they come up with a "new" version 2 design, after I, the consumer, find out the product doesn't work.

If you want to modify your car, do it right, or don't do it at all.

This is merely my opinion, having no experience with their product, but having observed their "designs" and feedback from other actual users (or lab rats) I will stay the hell away from UR.

An example from a Proton Inspira club
Complete sets of strut bars (~RM1500-RM2000) (miuk: Becareful of which UR strut bar that you install for the rear setup. There's 2 bottom rear units that's installed connecting the rocker part of the lower rear suspension that should not be installed. It's around 6-8 inches long, installed at the sides parallel to the length of the car. As that part will rock (move up and down) together with the car, it can touch the brake cables and in some cases after long use, shear those cables. Parts Number: RLS4-443P. CLICK FOR PICTURE)
Is it worth risking YOUR life installing rubbish in your car? Up to you man. But if your brakes fail, caused by UR or any other rubbish product, please drive yourself to the nearest tree or ditch and kill yourself, don't harm other road users.

P/S Don't misunderstand, I am not being rude, I'm speaking in a matter of fact fashion.

Last edited:

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
guys, im thinking of changing the rim for my 1.5 myvi... current stock rim 14" seem bit small... im targeting to make my car front 2 finger gap, rear 3 finger gap... but before i decided to change the rim, i think it's better for me to change to a lowering spring, eibach... by using eibach, which size of rim should i put to make my ideal finger gap between the tire and fender? is 195/50/R16 gonna make huge changes in fc and acceleration? i wish the new rim gonna make it look flush from the fender and the wheel side... :adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
so if change the front rotor to a bigger size will it increase the braking?
Aiyo.. no la. You want better bite and better braking ultimately you need to change the caliper. Bigger rotor doesn't do much because the calipers are still the same size. If you're talking about the 1.3 Myvi rotor, then changing to the bigger rotor will help sort out some manufacturing errors for the calipers and all that. Look up my threads, I have one sales thread that has some pictures and youtubes on how this works and I am also selling the solution.

Anyway, Myvi has a lot of flaws, and personally I don't think it was ever designed for hardcore driving. If you want to drive like a ghost in the night down Genting Sempah you're probably better off with another car. Myvis are nippy and zippy, but fast and stable they are not.

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Aiyo.. no la. You want better bite and better braking ultimately you need to change the caliper. Bigger rotor doesn't do much because the calipers are still the same size. If you're talking about the 1.3 Myvi rotor, then changing to the bigger rotor will help sort out some manufacturing errors for the calipers and all that. Look up my threads, I have one sales thread that has some pictures and youtubes on how this works and I am also selling the solution.

Anyway, Myvi has a lot of flaws, and personally I don't think it was ever designed for hardcore driving. If you want to drive like a ghost in the night down Genting Sempah you're probably better off with another car. Myvis are nippy and zippy, but fast and stable they are not.
i see.... thx bro~

bktay

Jan 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I have no idea man. I've never owned a single piece of UR stuff in my entire life. And looking at their stuff, I doubt I will own any in the foreseeable future, unless they acquire proper engineering technology.

I either leave the car stock standard as it is from the factory, or install proper Japanese/European engineered parts on it. I don't compromise when it comes to safety. And I don't like to guess whether the part works or not, and neither would I want to be a lab rat to test their products, and when the product is a failure in design they come up with a new v2 product. Just like the UR 1st version rear lower arm bar.

I find it pretty stupid to pay money and buy a product and test it for the manufacturer, and if it works, good lor, doesn't work, I put my safety, my family's safety, and other road users in danger, and thereafter they come up with a "new" version 2 design, after I, the consumer, find out the product doesn't work.

If you want to modify your car, do it right, or don't do it at all.

This is merely my opinion, having no experience with their product, but having observed their "designs" and feedback from other actual users (or lab rats) I will stay the hell away from UR.

An example from a Proton Inspira club

Is it worth risking YOUR life installing rubbish in your car? Up to you man. But if your brakes fail, caused by UR or any other rubbish product, please drive yourself to the nearest tree or ditch and kill yourself, don't harm other road users.

P/S Don't misunderstand, I am not being rude, I'm speaking in a matter of fact fashion.
Hi bro, thanks for your myvi mods info!!! I am a 1.5 owner, i also thinking to buy a front strut tower bar. What brands you recommend? i know dsport... but they have release 1.5 model?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi bro, thanks for your myvi mods info!!! I am a 1.5 owner, i also thinking to buy a front strut tower bar. What brands you recommend? i know dsport... but they have release 1.5 model?
I'm at odds with Ixeo's comments. I am a supporter of some (not all) of UR products. The front tower strut is the same whether you use UR or whatever other brand (except for those made from CF, that one different) so I'd just go for whichever is better for your wallet. There's a lot of brands these days, UR, UTR, Dsport, etc. Front strut tower essentially is the same.

bktay

Jan 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I'm at odds with Ixeo's comments. I am a supporter of some (not all) of UR products. The front tower strut is the same whether you use UR or whatever other brand (except for those made from CF, that one different) so I'd just go for whichever is better for your wallet. There's a lot of brands these days, UR, UTR, Dsport, etc. Front strut tower essentially is the same.
Hi bro, thanks for your reply. maybe the tech are same but i also worry the quality... i saw ixeo previous post, ur bar broken... i just thinking maybe buy some famous brand can be more tahan...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Agree..myvi is not a sports car. It's possible to turn it into a sports car with money and engineering. But for everyday driving, just improve the safety and a little performance for pure fun is good enough. But if u wana modify ur myvi until like daihatsu boon rally car..Prepare $$$$$

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Hi bro, thanks for your reply. maybe the tech are same but i also worry the quality... i saw ixeo previous post, ur bar broken... i just thinking maybe buy some famous brand can be more tahan...
Well like every consumer should do, do some researches before getting any product is always helping. Not only that, the info you get gotta be valid and true coz many things in the Internet are just marketing gimmick or some dude trying to explain what he or she thinks it's true. Like my professor said, I don't mind u copy n paste info, but u have to analyze whether it is true or false coz the article might have been written by a 10year old kid.

I bought UR front strut as it is in one piece I.e more rigidity and value for money. They also have lifetime warranty and testlab. There are many brands there with their own pros n cons. So just pick one which is the optimum. Chheeerrrs

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Everything is prone to failure. Even Lambos have been known to spontaneously combust. UR is no exception but UR has a lot of fakes out there too, so that might be worth remembering. And like what cvkit17 said, UR bars offer lifetime warranties on their products. Something like that shouldn't easily snap or break unless you abuse it beyond its tolerances which is extremely high. I've broken a front tower strut bar from UR before, but that was because I had a front side collision. The bar took most of the impact and lucky for me it was only a dented hood, a bent bar and some fender bender damage. No chassis damage. I don't think UR warrantys against accidents.

Also, if you look up Kenny from UR in Youtube, he talks about his totalled Satria GTI which had all the UR bars you can buy. He had a pretty nasty accident but the bars saved him from being sandwiched inside the car and protected his (very pretty) girlfriend from being injured too. They just came out from the accident bruised with some whiplash.

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Ah found it.

Does Ultra Racing bars really helps during collision? - YouTube

ikiey185

Jun 20, 2010
selangor
GAB SS, 195/55/15 Re002, Advanti lighweight 15", IMP Platinum front pads 0-600degree, IMP steelbraided brake hose, UR front strut bar, UR 18mm rear anti roll bar, K&N drop-in filter with CAI, Irridium plugs, chassis foam undercarrieage and A-Pillar... Avoided the front lower bar because of ground clearance issue, but the Dsport front lower bar really2 looks the business n way better n convincing design compared with the UR front lower bar... How much will it cost...?? N is it compatible with the 1.5 model...??

Charles89

Jun 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I know I’m not person who has this problem and there’s someone have the same thing also. As I wanted to buy some coil spring buffer for my front springs from this shop, cos their prices advertised in mudah.my were very cheap.
Car Accessories & Parts for sale in Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

RM8 per piece, AMT brand.
So I went to their nearest branch, which is:

PJ SS2
Place:
No:61-8 Jalan SS2/75,
47300 Petaling Jaya
Selangor
{Near Murni Restoran}

The shop got a big fockford fosgate signboard on it. inside typical ahbeng workers.

I reached there, asked them abot their buffer advertised in mudah. Okayla, as expected, nrmal sales tactic, RM8 is for the smaller sizes for rear coil springs. My size cost RM15 per piece, total RM60 and for 2 cars is RM120. I bought it anyway cause it was still below normal market prices. I took back home and found out that it was too big for my car. I went back and they said can refund only on the day. However, they claim to install for me with labour charge for RM15 each side so it’s same price with the buffer and I refuse them. Then they start showing their black face and ignore me. Hence I ask them can trade in for other item and they say ok.

So, I trade in my buffer with UR bar and they ask for extra pay for RM50. Which mean RM170 for a front tower bar. WTF? Market price was 135 with discount. Then the guy managing the counter also talking with attitude WTF. I just wanna exchange for another items. At the end I agree to trade in the buffer with UR bar which I don’t wanna waste the money and not planning to install the buffer. Most my friends say the buffer must be maintain every year if not the rubber will become hard. Anyway I just wanna boycott hugo kajang.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I know I’m not person who has this problem and there’s someone have the same thing also. As I wanted to buy some coil spring buffer for my front springs from this shop, cos their prices advertised in mudah.my were very cheap.
Car Accessories & Parts for sale in Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

RM8 per piece, AMT brand.
So I went to their nearest branch, which is:

PJ SS2
Place:
No:61-8 Jalan SS2/75,
47300 Petaling Jaya
Selangor
{Near Murni Restoran}

The shop got a big fockford fosgate signboard on it. inside typical ahbeng workers.

I reached there, asked them abot their buffer advertised in mudah. Okayla, as expected, nrmal sales tactic, RM8 is for the smaller sizes for rear coil springs. My size cost RM15 per piece, total RM60 and for 2 cars is RM120. I bought it anyway cause it was still below normal market prices. I took back home and found out that it was too big for my car. I went back and they said can refund only on the day. However, they claim to install for me with labour charge for RM15 each side so it’s same price with the buffer and I refuse them. Then they start showing their black face and ignore me. Hence I ask them can trade in for other item and they say ok.

So, I trade in my buffer with UR bar and they ask for extra pay for RM50. Which mean RM170 for a front tower bar. WTF? Market price was 135 with discount. Then the guy managing the counter also talking with attitude WTF. I just wanna exchange for another items. At the end I agree to trade in the buffer with UR bar which I don’t wanna waste the money and not planning to install the buffer. Most my friends say the buffer must be maintain every year if not the rubber will become hard. Anyway I just wanna boycott hugo kajang.
The spring buffer they sold to you doesnt suit ur car u mean? If they can claim to install it into your car then they might fit. If not, then ask for a 100% refund as the product they sold is not the one advertised/claimed. If they still black face, easy...bring to tribunal and then share to others how bad this shop is.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
And like what cvkit17 said, UR bars offer lifetime warranties on their products. Something like that shouldn't easily snap or break unless you abuse it beyond its tolerances which is extremely high.
but the example i show was UR breaking due to UR's [strike]lack of[/strike] engineering. How?

watching the video and looking at the pictures, got to say the UR room bar absorbed most of the impact and kept the integrity of the cabin intact, esp. from the side collision by the oncoming Mercedes.

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
but the example i show was UR breaking due to UR's [strike]lack of[/strike] engineering. How?

watching the video and looking at the pictures, got to say the UR room bar absorbed most of the impact and kept the integrity of the cabin intact, esp. from the side collision by the oncoming Mercedes.
Well that's really up to one self to judge. It's like buying a Toyota Prius and have a faulty accelerator prob. Toyota is not good at engineering? One might say yes and other might say no. Ohya, Toyota is from Japan with all the good techs n knowledge. To me, I still salute Toyota even if they have faulty products. Dat's what engineering is all about. Nothing is 100% perfect unless god himself manufactures cars. The most important thing to have trust in them is how the rectify and improve their products.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
:smokin:

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Hmm.. I'm curious to know how you determined it was a engineering problem?

Anyway, the bars UR have made have evolved over the years. I used to own the very first tower strut by UR for my Wira and now have the 3rd or 4th generation one and I can tell you they are very different. So even if this was an engineering problem, I'm sure they'll improve la.

And yeah, side bar and tower strut.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hmm.. I'm curious to know how you determined it was a engineering problem?

Anyway, the bars UR have made have evolved over the years. I used to own the very first tower strut by UR for my Wira and now have the 3rd or 4th generation one and I can tell you they are very different. So even if this was an engineering problem, I'm sure they'll improve la.

And yeah, side bar and tower strut.
Torsion beam supposed to twist, UR v1 lower arm bar stops twisting? If that's not an engineering issue I don't know what is?

Thought we've establish that fact. Yes they improved, they fixed it with their "v2". But that's after product failures in actual real life usage...

In other words they are rolling out products without actual engineering and the customers are the one doing the testing for them. What if the products caused injury and fatality? Are the customers responsible for ensuring UR products work correctly?

Sure they will improve, at who's expense? Look, I'm not saying a blanket statement that UR is bad, I am just saying that their products are not engineered, just manufactured, some products based off proven Japanese/German designs are fine, some of their own conjuring aren't. That simple.

Typical Malaysian attitude, they refuse to accept the fact when people say something less than pleasant about something they own. i can't :hmmmm: why. Maybe butt hurt.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Torsion beam supposed to twist, UR v1 lower arm bar stops twisting? If that's not an engineering issue I don't know what is?

Thought we've establish that fact. Yes they improved, they fixed it with their "v2". But that's after product failures in actual real life usage...

In other words they are rolling out products without actual engineering and the customers are the one doing the testing for them. What if the products caused injury and fatality? Are the customers responsible for ensuring UR products work correctly?

Sure they will improve, at who's expense? Look, I'm not saying a blanket statement that UR is bad, I am just saying that their products are not engineered, just manufactured, some products based off proven Japanese/German designs are fine, some of their own conjuring aren't. That simple.

Typical Malaysian attitude, they refuse to accept the fact when people say something less than pleasant about something they own. i can't :hmmmm: why. Maybe butt hurt.
If not mistaken, 3MAX lower arm bar for myvi is to be mounted on the place where after market (or originally Passo) anti roll bars are mounted. And then they changed to exactly what you said is "robbed". Japanese tech? You judge. I dont know whether you have bought anything faulty in your life before and how well do you know about engineering a product. I strongly believe that you're nothing close to engineering field as you think that everything can be perfected with engineering at once.

I refuse the fact that you used some old facts to condemn new facts and say some faulty engineering facts when you dont really know the facts of engineering a product. Engineering is about getting the first thing right at the first time as possible. UR failed. Some similar people failed too, if you know what I mean. UR rectified their problem with lifetime warranty and better design, so people buys it. But for others who kept going on with their old junks, that very crap. Again, if you know what I mean :driver:

I personally feel that it is useless to whine of some products we have never used before or will never use. Its like describing how sweet Siti Norhaliza is when u'd never licked her face. Now that we know that Strut bars and anti roll bars improve the car handling in regardless whatever brand. We trust, we accept, we purcharse. So lets move on :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan has developed a new parking assists system it calls the Around View Monitor (AVM), which will offer drivers a bird’s eye view of their car and surroundings in real-time. The set-up uses four ultrawide-angle resolution cameras mounted on the front, sides and rear of the vehicle, which combine to give a complete 360-degree view around the vehicle...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience