myvi brake system

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya original. But there are 2 original pad...1 is hitachi and another is local OEM. Huge diff in prices. Hitachi is around RM110 - 130 and the local one is less than RM50
So yours is the RM50 one, because you say no good.....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
not exactly what I have, coz he is using (i suppose) hitachi brake pads. Im using trestor.

Izso when tt let me test yr myvi brake or u test mine and see if there is any difference.
Two other things I have you don't have is brake cylinder stopper and steel braided hoses. :biggrin:

And they aren't Hitachis, Mintyes. Stupid pads but I'm not driving the car hard so it works well for my moms market runs.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Two other things I have you don't have is brake cylinder stopper and steel braided hoses. :biggrin:

And they aren't Hitachis, Mintyes. Stupid pads but I'm not driving the car hard so it works well for my moms market runs.
He got cable tie hose mah!......hahhahahahha:biggrin:

Oh! Mintyes ah! Those are very soft pads for town use is very good, but for Genting sure cannot.
Unless you get Mintex then different....:biggrin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
So yours is the RM50 one, because you say no good.....:biggrin:
Mine confirm is Hitachi coz I compared side by side before. The spare part shop took out both hitachi and the OEM. Then i compared with mine. I guess why I get hitachi is because I sent my car for warranty (disc skimming if you can remember) at Perodua Service Centre, not 3rd party P2 SC.

I got cable ties...lots of them :biggrin::biggrin:

Well im so gonna try yr myvi brakes and compare lar..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Mine confirm is Hitachi coz I compared side by side before. The spare part shop took out both hitachi and the OEM. Then i compared with mine. I guess why I get hitachi is because I sent my car for warranty (disc skimming if you can remember) at Perodua Service Centre, not 3rd party P2 SC.

I got cable ties...lots of them :biggrin::biggrin:

Well im so gonna try yr myvi brakes and compare lar..
Probably scare your complain some more, better give you the Hitachis......:biggrin:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
No la.. there's a ABS canister or module something just below the fusebox. Too much pressure into that thing I suspect will cause leaks man.

Anyway, right now with new everything, my brakes a bloody AWESUMMMMMMM
no la bos,bigger servo does give you bigger pressure but will not kacau or cause leak to the abs module or pump, unless the driver keep pumping to lock up and let the abs kick in all day long and keep apply 1 ton of brake pedal pressure then that i not sure liao:burnout: but i do heard that do not mix or use non abs brake master cylinder on an abs car cause it will bring trouble but i not sure this info yet

i personally think that bigger master cylinder and booster aids in pedal feels, bigger master cylinder and booster = bigger piston diameter = bigger hydraulic force travel per mm brake pedal you press, simply said, bigger servo, you will need press less to get the brake force you needed = firm brake pedal feel, but it could be dangerous cause during emergency or in certain condition the driver forgot the big servo and apply too much brake pedal, the brake will lock up easily:biggrin:....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
no la bos,bigger servo does give you bigger pressure but will not kacau or cause leak to the abs module or pump, unless the driver keep pumping to lock up and let the abs kick in all day long and keep apply 1 ton of brake pedal pressure then that i not sure liao:burnout: but i do heard that do not mix or use non abs brake master cylinder on an abs car cause it will bring trouble but i not sure this info yet

i personally think that bigger master cylinder and booster aids in pedal feels, bigger master cylinder and booster = bigger piston diameter = bigger hydraulic force travel per mm brake pedal you press, simply said, bigger servo, you will need press less to get the brake force you needed = firm brake pedal feel, but it could be dangerous cause during emergency or in certain condition the driver forgot the big servo and apply too much brake pedal, the brake will lock up easily:biggrin:....
Yes, Bigger master cylinder have better brake feel. Like in my VR, shares the same master cylinder with some proton models. Change once and when replacement came, my mechanic return them and ask for bigger one from the spare part shop. Sizes like 5/8, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8. I think they sent a 3/4 and mechanic ask for 13/16...:driver:
That is why I mentioned to some of them if upgrade to bigger brake servo and if got ABS at least won't lock. If no ABS, then panic and brake in a corner, the wheels lock then sure skid already....:banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You guys are so experienced. I wonder what you guys do for living.
We're mostly contractors, IT administrators and retirees. We're only experienced because we're willing to explore and experiment with our own cars DIY style, not send to a mechanic. If you want to learn it's the best place to learn, ie- at home on your own car. But make sure you got someone to help guide you la. The next time we have a group gathering DIY, you're welcome to join.

Yeah, that was one of the reasons I didn't oversize - the mech said it'll ruin the ABS module since it wasn't designed for that much pressure. Makes sense la..

CVkit - the brake feel has loosened a bit now but I think it's because of the shitty Mintyes. Grip is good now probably because it's bedded in but pedal feel is a little spongy probably because of the pad material.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
We're mostly contractors, IT administrators and retirees. We're only experienced because we're willing to explore and experiment with our own cars DIY style, not send to a mechanic. If you want to learn it's the best place to learn, ie- at home on your own car. But make sure you got someone to help guide you la. The next time we have a group gathering DIY, you're welcome to join.

CVkit - the brake feel has loosened a bit now but I think it's because of the shitty Mintyes. Grip is good now probably because it's bedded in but pedal feel is a little spongy probably because of the pad material.
I actually learn a lot from my mechanic. Most people drop their car to the mechanic for repair, then come and pick it up when ready. For me I bring the car and hang around looking at them repair. Whatever I am not sure I ask...hhahhahhaha

Brake feeling with new pads and fluid need some time to settle in. Even in my VR, install new pads or just change the brake fluid, the brake feel a bit on the spongy side, but after use a while ( a week or so), the solid feel will come back...:driver:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
I actually learn a lot from my mechanic. Most people drop their car to the mechanic for repair, then come and pick it up when ready. For me I bring the car and hang around looking at them repair. Whatever I am not sure I ask...hhahhahhaha

Brake feeling with new pads and fluid need some time to settle in. Even in my VR, install new pads or just change the brake fluid, the brake feel a bit on the spongy side, but after use a while ( a week or so), the solid feel will come back...:driver:
same here to unker, the longest time I waited in the workshop is 8 hours, that time was a timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, mountings & engine oil change. but its worth it, learn quite a lot.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That's weird.. usually it's the other way around. If you have air in the system, use it more and it'll be the same mah even if the air bubble moves around?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That's weird.. usually it's the other way around. If you have air in the system, use it more and it'll be the same mah even if the air bubble moves around?
The spongy feel is not air, but probably the pads not bedded in or something. I always get that feel when change pads or do fluid change, then after a week or so the solid feels comes back...:driver:

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

same here to unker, the longest time I waited in the workshop is 8 hours, that time was a timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, mountings & engine oil change. but its worth it, learn quite a lot.
My longest was one time after repair, we started tuning his brother car, stayed until 2am in the morning....:driver:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Like that mine more pro,i ask too much till tjh mech sien,then he ask me to help him or do by my own while he explain and guide me,that is how i learn,since i am 18years old and first play car btw:wavey::smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all.

Is there any way we can chrome our Sport Rim? As we all know after several months using the sport rim, there will be lots of scratches.

I heard there is a workshop which can do that, but I lost the name of the shop.

What is your comment on this? Is it better to chrome or other colours like black or white?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience