myvi brake system

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
We're mostly contractors, IT administrators and retirees. We're only experienced because we're willing to explore and experiment with our own cars DIY style, not send to a mechanic. If you want to learn it's the best place to learn, ie- at home on your own car. But make sure you got someone to help guide you la. The next time we have a group gathering DIY, you're welcome to join.

CVkit - the brake feel has loosened a bit now but I think it's because of the shitty Mintyes. Grip is good now probably because it's bedded in but pedal feel is a little spongy probably because of the pad material.
I actually learn a lot from my mechanic. Most people drop their car to the mechanic for repair, then come and pick it up when ready. For me I bring the car and hang around looking at them repair. Whatever I am not sure I ask...hhahhahhaha

Brake feeling with new pads and fluid need some time to settle in. Even in my VR, install new pads or just change the brake fluid, the brake feel a bit on the spongy side, but after use a while ( a week or so), the solid feel will come back...:driver:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
I actually learn a lot from my mechanic. Most people drop their car to the mechanic for repair, then come and pick it up when ready. For me I bring the car and hang around looking at them repair. Whatever I am not sure I ask...hhahhahhaha

Brake feeling with new pads and fluid need some time to settle in. Even in my VR, install new pads or just change the brake fluid, the brake feel a bit on the spongy side, but after use a while ( a week or so), the solid feel will come back...:driver:
same here to unker, the longest time I waited in the workshop is 8 hours, that time was a timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, mountings & engine oil change. but its worth it, learn quite a lot.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That's weird.. usually it's the other way around. If you have air in the system, use it more and it'll be the same mah even if the air bubble moves around?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That's weird.. usually it's the other way around. If you have air in the system, use it more and it'll be the same mah even if the air bubble moves around?
The spongy feel is not air, but probably the pads not bedded in or something. I always get that feel when change pads or do fluid change, then after a week or so the solid feels comes back...:driver:

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

same here to unker, the longest time I waited in the workshop is 8 hours, that time was a timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, mountings & engine oil change. but its worth it, learn quite a lot.
My longest was one time after repair, we started tuning his brother car, stayed until 2am in the morning....:driver:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Like that mine more pro,i ask too much till tjh mech sien,then he ask me to help him or do by my own while he explain and guide me,that is how i learn,since i am 18years old and first play car btw:wavey::smokin:

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
hi sifu,
why when i stepped on my Myvi 1.5 pedal i can feel it is empty for an inch then only the brake kicks in. i find it is slow response. I don't have that feeling driving my Wira. Is that common with Myvi braking system? Anyway I can improve that?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hi sifu,
why when i stepped on my Myvi 1.5 pedal i can feel it is empty for an inch then only the brake kicks in. i find it is slow response. I don't have that feeling driving my Wira. Is that common with Myvi braking system? Anyway I can improve that?
Is the feeling spongy or you can try bleeding your brake system, maybe have air bubbles.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Try bleeding first or find out what is wrong. If need brake upgrade probably use a better brake pads will do....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
OK bro, i'll try it out. Thanks a lot.

BTW, is all the brake fluid the same? after recommendation? and how many liter needed?
Use Dot 4 brake fluid. Bosch ones are okay and you will need 1 liter to completely flush at all 4 points. If brake fluid is dirty you might need slightly more to complete the flush

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
OK bro, i'll try it out. Thanks a lot.

BTW, is all the brake fluid the same? after recommendation? and how many liter needed?
There's a few possibilities specifically that affects the Myvi. I have this problem but I haven't bothered to try to fix it yet :

1. Air bubbles in the lines due to aged brake oil or improper installation of the oil. Just bleed to fix.
2. Your ABS system needs bleeding. This is more of a pain in the ass as you need the diagnostic tool to enable the ABS system to allow it to bleed properly. So far I've only ever seen Perodua have this diagnostic tool. Most mechanics outside use normal diagnostic tools that can't control the ABS module.
3. Your pump/servo needs servicing. I would recommend just changing to a new one as it isn't expensive.

Use DOT4 oil. Or worst case DOT3. Don't use DOT5.. not compatible. If you must, use DOT5.1 but this is the most expensive of the lot. You'll need about 2L or 4L to flush and bleed.

Keep us updated on what you do to fix the issue.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
There's a few possibilities specifically that affects the Myvi. I have this problem but I haven't bothered to try to fix it yet :

1. Air bubbles in the lines due to aged brake oil or improper installation of the oil. Just bleed to fix.
2. Your ABS system needs bleeding. This is more of a pain in the ass as you need the diagnostic tool to enable the ABS system to allow it to bleed properly. So far I've only ever seen Perodua have this diagnostic tool. Most mechanics outside use normal diagnostic tools that can't control the ABS module.
3. Your pump/servo needs servicing. I would recommend just changing to a new one as it isn't expensive.

Use DOT4 oil. Or worst case DOT3. Don't use DOT5.. not compatible. If you must, use DOT5.1 but this is the most expensive of the lot. You'll need about 2L or 4L to flush and bleed.

Keep us updated on what you do to fix the issue.
Myvi need 2 to 4L to bleed....fuh! VR I did with 1L and Hyundai slightly more as the fluid was more dirty. Maybe the ABS thing is it? Mine both no ABS.....lol:biggrin:

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Hi Sifus, may i know if the brakes for Alza is the same as the Myvi 1.5? Am intending to upgrade my Alza's brake.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey, so many people showing off their V-tec, MIVEC, VVT power graphs. So please anyone here that had modded their Campro or CPS, forced induction or NA. please post up your HP and torque graphs here so that people can know the true potential of campro and CPS.

Please show prove for any claims of power here. Cheers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience