myvi brake system

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Test drive my car and you will know why upgrade the brakes..yes myvi has ABS.
Now with Trestor Blue Advantage is better or still bad?

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

some got abs some dont have depent on the spec...

p/s: if dont have abs and wanna have strong brakes, ask sifu vr2turbo to suggest rubber to stick your car on the road:burnout:
Brakes no bite, good tyres also no use......hahahhahhaha:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I will be changing a new sets of tyres soon. Might go for Michelin ps3 for my 15 in rim. The only thing that I seriously want to upgrade is my brake kit. Almost had accident a few times thanks to the current brake

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------
Mine is a 1.3 first gen se. Well so long as the brake is good I don't really mind it's from which car. The problem I'm having now is when I got stucked in a traffic jam, the brake disc felt 'slippery' while stepping on my brake. I suspect the disc is pretty much unusable anymore given that it's lifespan has exceeded 7 yrs
Ok I used to be in the same situation as you. I hate the Myvi brakes too. And I've pretty much changed everything in the whole brake system except rear discs. I've seen too many people who have problems with rear discs because there isn't a proper length handbrake cable for the Myvi to properly pull the rear discs. So forget about rear discs.

I've swapped to a new master pump, full braided hoses, DOT5.1 oil (irrelevant), Myvi 1.5 calipers, custom brake stopper and stock brake pads and I can tell you the braking now is way better. The pedal feel is still somewhat spongy but up until a certain point it stiffens and the bite is good. I've triggered ABS several times on this car and quite frankly it's quite good. Lightweight car and ABS is a good combo. Some other things that'll help you is good tyres and good suspension. Soft mushy suspension will not react fast enough for braking feel since there's nose diving on heavy braking.

Brake bleeding will definitely be a good 1st step and flush out your old oil. If it's any other colour than clear yellow, then you have dirty oil which is not good for brake performance.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Now with Trestor Blue Advantage is better or still bad?

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Brakes no bite, good tyres also no use......hahahhahhaha:biggrin:
Better, but still not up to what I want...so my next upgrade will be the rotors.

Good tyres help a bit mah...high friction. Maybe help 0.01m stopping distance hehe

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you change the rotor, make double sure it's the 17mm one. Look at the circumference of the disc, usually the measurement is printed there. Myvi rotors got 14mm, 14.5mm, 15mm and the 1.5L is 17mm.

Some if not all the local Brembo ones are 14mm which is damn thin. Shitty brake feel.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If you change the rotor, make double sure it's the 17mm one. Look at the circumference of the disc, usually the measurement is printed there. Myvi rotors got 14mm, 14.5mm, 15mm and the 1.5L is 17mm.

Some if not all the local Brembo ones are 14mm which is damn thin. Shitty brake feel.
gaaahhh!!!

Change car :biggrin::biggrin::bawling:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Brake bleeding will definitely be a good 1st step and flush out your old oil. If it's any other colour than clear yellow, then you have dirty oil which is not good for brake performance.
Can be red dot 3 fluid......hahhahahahha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Better, but still not up to what I want...so my next upgrade will be the rotors.

Good tyres help a bit mah...high friction. Maybe help 0.01m stopping distance hehe
If change rotor might as well get the drilled or slotted ones already.:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Any bigger vacuum servo that can fit the Myvi?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Can be red dot 3 fluid......hahhahahahha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

SR20 haha

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Yeap..want to change to slotted one but wait till the current one kong first hehe.

Yah would like to know if there is bigger servo that can pnp or not...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why? ABS module at the brake calipers, right?
No la.. there's a ABS canister or module something just below the fusebox. Too much pressure into that thing I suspect will cause leaks man.

Anyway, right now with new everything, my brakes a bloody AWESUMMMMMMM

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No la.. there's a ABS canister or module something just below the fusebox. Too much pressure into that thing I suspect will cause leaks man.

Anyway, right now with new everything, my brakes a bloody AWESUMMMMMMM
You just have everything bro. cvkit have, so now see what wrong with his set.....:hmmmm::biggrin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
You just have everything bro. cvkit have, so now see what wrong with his set.....:hmmmm::biggrin:
not exactly what I have, coz he is using (i suppose) hitachi brake pads. Im using trestor.

Izso when tt let me test yr myvi brake or u test mine and see if there is any difference.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
not exactly what I have, coz he is using (i suppose) hitachi brake pads. Im using trestor.

Izso when tt let me test yr myvi brake or u test mine and see if there is any difference.
Hitachi pads not original like your previous set?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've read from another forum that the wurth battery connectors will help increase performance, ice sounds better and many more. Have any of the sifu here used it and is it worth the money spent ??

Drex also mention something about it but there was no conclusion. Any comments appreciated.

Tks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience