My new (old) Waja

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
Hi guys i just traded my daily drive wira 1.5 manual with waja auto 4g18. as its a daily use and with baby on board, trying to get things a minimal as possible but at the same time 'demanding' extra oomph (well who doesnt)

previously wira running 4-2-1 and at around 110kmh rpm almost 3.5k which is quite high. im 55% city & hill and 45% highway drive, so the high rpm = noisier engine and higher FC. for town is very good :biggrin:

instead of sticking with stock, im thinking to swap it out for my waja but not sure to go 4-1 or 4-2-1. generally people will recomend 4-2-1 for auto, coz more pickup etc. the original extractor for 110kmh is slightly lower below / on the spot 3k rpm but lack of go.

guys, need your inputs here be it 4-2,4-1 or original, just state your points.

and i've got leftover of steel braided hose previously bought for wira but the car is rear drum brake so useless. Brand IMP. wonder if can transfer to waja..

after that to go for lighten crank pulley and sound insulation (doors,roof and floors). and if go budget route, plan to throw in adj. FPR to lower down the fuel pressure, sort of lean it out abit. not sure on the cam pulley though.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
bro..mod the basics 1st like , drop in K&N air filter with CAI, spark plugs & cables, then slowly move to the exhaust part. yes for auto better use 4-2-1 tuned length.

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
hi bro Danz, drop in filter thinking K&N type or those stainless steel wire mesh. Waja stock intake piping, i rmbr there is the snorkel extending to the front, not sure how to redirect it with CAI hose.

spark plugs cables, debatable, some said ori is the BEST, some otherwise. Personally tried those 'fatter type cable' on my 1.5 manual 4g15, some increase of acceleration . but on old wira 1.6 auto nothing much diff.

on the 4-2-1, still not sure. just afraid that engine will be too noisy especially on highway and higher FC. hope some1 did tried both of them before can help. by the way necessary to remove the CAT? i believe it might be quite clogged.

thinking either to change the bullet to those swirling type or to operate the ori CAT, saw off some of the wire mesh (forget what that thing called) and reinstall it back.

major work will be PnP it.

by the way got any idea on the rear brake hose leftover from wira?

Ko Wei Shen

From Facebook
Jan 6, 2011
KL
www.facebook.com
bro hamtaroo, i own a waja too and had done some mod on it. i lowered the ride and stiffen up the suspension, add a 2 point strut bar and rear anti-roll bar for handling improvement. as for performance, i change the spark plug to iridium, works drop in air filter, hot bits 4-2-1 extractor and bullet which replaced the cat. are quite satisfied with the results. just sharing though, still can do more mod on ur waja if ur budget persist.

cheers bro..have fun modding ur waja:biggrin:

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
hi WS Ko,

hotbits stuff, i reckon they should work as advertised as it had seperated u with quite alot of dough so to speak. i believe 4-2-1 is good in improving overall powerband, but the problem with highway cruising at 110kmh and rpm around 3.2k is quite high for my liking. anything slightly higher increase the FC and engine noise. thinking if adding adjustable cam pulley will it somehow able to mitigate the problem.

on the suspension i got no plan for it momentarily, as tuning them will involve alot cost, unless they dont charge you for it. enthusiast will demand alot from their car and will try all sort of setup to get it to their liking. but i forsee ultra racing stuff to go in first.

by the way ur muffler still retain or changed?

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

maybe something like this will be the best. any idea where to get? new unit from PZ is too high, can plonk in GSR already hehe

Powerzone Waja 4G18 Supercharger (Kuala Lumpur, end time 10/3/2011 1:25:00 AM MYT)

Andy0625

Known Member
Aug 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
bro hamtaroo, i own a waja too and had done some mod on it. i lowered the ride and stiffen up the suspension, add a 2 point strut bar and rear anti-roll bar for handling improvement. as for performance, i change the spark plug to iridium, works drop in air filter, hot bits 4-2-1 extractor and bullet which replaced the cat. are quite satisfied with the results. just sharing though, still can do more mod on ur waja if ur budget persist.

cheers bro..have fun modding ur waja:biggrin:
you're on stock piping, bro?

hi WS Ko,

hotbits stuff, i reckon they should work as advertised as it had seperated u with quite alot of dough so to speak. i believe 4-2-1 is good in improving overall powerband, but the problem with highway cruising at 110kmh and rpm around 3.2k is quite high for my liking. anything slightly higher increase the FC and engine noise. thinking if adding adjustable cam pulley will it somehow able to mitigate the problem.

on the suspension i got no plan for it momentarily, as tuning them will involve alot cost, unless they dont charge you for it. enthusiast will demand alot from their car and will try all sort of setup to get it to their liking. but i forsee ultra racing stuff to go in first.

by the way ur muffler still retain or changed?

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

maybe something like this will be the best. any idea where to get? new unit from PZ is too high, can plonk in GSR already hehe

Powerzone Waja 4G18 Supercharger (Kuala Lumpur, end time 10/3/2011 1:25:00 AM MYT)
hamtaro, no point getting too much high-end power as city driving will be a pain in the ass.

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
I think PWZ stopped making the supercharger kit. I did see one in Mudah sometime ago for likr $3,000 complete with intercooler, if not mistaken. I thought of getting it but.........

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
hi autocrosser, i reckon should be the same advert. that we saw. Feedback received from PWZ SC unit quite good in term of engine reliability. The only time i heard smth negative bout them is through my friend which claim his friend's Kelisa engine head PnP'd by them, somehow over and it cracked, overheat etc. anyway found another ads stated 3k for BOT. i always think about them but turned off by the reliability etc.

Hi andy, was actually looking for upgrade without too much downtime, last time i did PnP include tuning etc almost 1 month >.< But to say,the engine performed extremely well and to my expectation, almost rivaling driving Satria GTI.

Undecided: exhaust headers,CAt con, PnP and Emanage, adj. fuel pressure regulator,auto GB cooler,drilled and ventilated brake rotor, mild camshaft?.

Decided/Purchased waiting installation: 3 points strut bar, lighten crank pulley, cam gears, s flow muffler, fender bars.

ATM still looking for those R3 satria front bumper and r3 skirting etc and maybe will 'ah beng' it up with a GT wing.

guys, what else that i missed out?:wavey::listen::biggrin:

Ko Wei Shen

From Facebook
Jan 6, 2011
KL
www.facebook.com
Hi Andy, other than the 4-2-1 extractor and bullet, the piping is stock including the muffler.

Hi hamtaroo, my muffler still stock, unchanged. as for the highway cruising at 110kmh, my rpm at most would be 3k, normally slightly below 3k say 2.9k. and for the engine noise, it makes no difference unless u mod ur muffler for louder one. fc wise, i would say not much difference also, mainly depends on ur right foot. and as Andy mentioned b4, high-end power will give u disadvantage in city driving, unless ur going for racing.

cheers..hope this helps:biggrin:

Andy0625

Known Member
Aug 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Andy, other than the 4-2-1 extractor and bullet, the piping is stock including the muffler.

Hi hamtaroo, my muffler still stock, unchanged. as for the highway cruising at 110kmh, my rpm at most would be 3k, normally slightly below 3k say 2.9k. and for the engine noise, it makes no difference unless u mod ur muffler for louder one. fc wise, i would say not much difference also, mainly depends on ur right foot. and as Andy mentioned b4, high-end power will give u disadvantage in city driving, unless ur going for racing.

cheers..hope this helps:biggrin:
You're on manual transmission bro?

I'm on 4-2-1, 2.0" piping with one midbox one bullet due to original piping rust. Guess it's best to stick with stock piping size as I feel it's kind of sluggish at low-end.

Ko Wei Shen

From Facebook
Jan 6, 2011
KL
www.facebook.com
You're on manual transmission bro?

I'm on 4-2-1, 2.0" piping with one midbox one bullet due to original piping rust. Guess it's best to stick with stock piping size as I feel it's kind of sluggish at low-end.
bro Andy, i'm on auto tranny. the rear piping and the muffler are stock. i think its best to stick with stock size unless ur running on turbo where lots of exhaust gas will be released at one time. just my opinion though. correct me if i'm wrong.

wajunk

Known Member
Mar 26, 2011
Selangor
yup..better stick with ur stock piping size for lite mod.
im using 2 inch piping before with 4-2-1 & Decat..loss the back presure at low end.

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
my 4g18 already in PnP process. gonna do all the upgrading with the downtime. i rmbr read somewhere that Adj. FPR cause some noise, how true is it?

after hitting road wil thrown in 4-2-1, maybe de-cat. ADj. cam pulley dropped at the moment. Lighten crank pulley in. hope it will be a fun car to drive =)

wajunk

Known Member
Mar 26, 2011
Selangor
its not so noise..but u can hear it if u open ur hood.not sure if different brand can cause the noise.

dont forget to upgrade/change air filter too..

happy mod..:rock:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

Just gauging interest for all the DIY-ers out there, I just want to find out the popularity of colors IF it is available in Malaysia on this product. Its called Plasti Dip.

What is Plasti Dip?
Plasti Dip is a spray-on rubber adhesive agent which bonds to items to give it a rubberized effect thus further protecting the item from harsh environmental wear and tear.

Additionally, Plasti Dip comes in multiple colors which one can customize his/her car according to preferences...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience