My Mitsubishi Lancer 4G13 Turbo !

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hello everyone ! This is Ahmed and I am new to the forum. I am student in Malaysia and my Hometown is Karachi, Pakistan. I am into car mods since two years in my country. I am a big fan of Mitsubishi modifications. My last project was Mitsubishi Lancer 4G13 from factory and I turbocharged it. Here are the complete details of the project.

* Stock Internals
* 1.2MM metal head gaskit.
* Nissan Dual Ball Bearing Turbo
* Custom Made Manifold and Piping. (We don't have Mitsubishi 4G13 piping and manifold so have to get it custom made)
* Front Mount Intercooler
* Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Bumper kit.
* 300CC Injectors. (Injectors were of 4EFTE Toyota, Injectors were Bolt-on no need to do anything with wiring and fuel rail).
* Fuel Pressure Regulator
* ACT (Advance Clutch Technology) 4 Puck Clutch.
* Apexi SAFC
* Boost gauge, Oil Pressure Gauge and Oil Temperature Gauge of Auto-Gauge.
* Twin Whistle Blow of Valve.

I managed to pulled out 189Whp with 1Bar Boost. Stock 4G13 SOHC is 92Bhp. Currently in Malaysia I own a Proton Satria with 4G91 DOHC.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Sorry is there even a lancer with 4G13 engine? 1.3L lancer?

And you said you used 1 bar and get 198 whp? The calculations doesn't tally... Can you please share what other modifications you did to get 198 whp? By theory, 1 bar can only yield you 184 "bhp". And that is already ignoring the fact that friciton and drivetrain loss exists.

And you didn't mention any mods on internals. You running 198 whp on stock conrods, crank, studs, manifolds?

Can please enlighten us :hmmmm:

:burnout:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i think dat reading is plausible veloc, considering we have a 4g91 running 197hp on the dynamics here.

ahmed, nice result from a moderately done engine sir

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry is there even a lancer with 4G13 engine? 1.3L lancer?

And you said you used 1 bar and get 198 whp? The calculations doesn't tally... Can you please share what other modifications you did to get 198 whp? By theory, 1 bar can only yield you 184 "bhp". And that is already ignoring the fact that friciton and drivetrain loss exists.

And you didn't mention any mods on internals. You running 198 whp on stock conrods, crank, studs, manifolds?

Can please enlighten us :hmmmm:

:burnout:
Sir I wrote 189Whp not 198Whp. And yes Lancer in Pakistan is equipped with 4G13(1.3L) and 4G18(1.6L). And I mentioned too that internals were stock. I didn't change pistons, conrods, crank, studs, manifold. Internals were stock. Only I added 1.2MM metal head gaskit.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

@xtremeleo
Thank You very much Sir !

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
In our country we don't have any restrictions for swapping an engine too :D. Between I am planning for force induction in my Satria 4G91. Not High Bhp/Whp as it is my daily use car also and I just want to do it for my own fun. Any idea what can be done ?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
yes, the same thing u did for ur lancer back in pakistan, maybe with a smaller journal bearing turbo? i do turbo kit for cars, please pm for more detail sir, tq

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Sir that turbo wasn't too small. It can provide efficient boost till 17Psi easily. Plus the spool was very good you can feel the kick back.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
the turbine suggested is gonna be for ur satria, since its ur daily drive here. iam using a 4g91 too in one of my rides fyi

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
weve ran 0.9bar, but it really depends on the overall condition of the engine and what turbine u wanna use sir. if the engine is healthy and turbine size is moderately chosen, den i dont y u cant run the same boost level.

i suggest increasing the boost in stages instead of jumping to the level stated

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
i think dat reading is plausible veloc, considering we have a 4g91 running 197hp on the dynamics here.

ahmed, nice result from a moderately done engine sir
Sorry Ahmed... Yeah I meant 189 hp... Typo... but even with that, it still doesn't tally with theoretical calculations.

How is that plausible bro xtremeleo? Care to explain turbo sifu?

Let us do just some "rough" calculations or if you prefer, "approximations"
Our atm pressure is approx 1 bar. So if you can cramp 1 bar in means 100% extra increment in power. So assuming the stock engine does 92 hp, we roughly times 2. That will be 184 hp. And that is on crank. Not wheel hp. Plus things are not perfect, so we have to deduct power for spooling the turbine, intake restrictions, drivetrain losses, and etc... The increment may only be around 85% if the engine is tip top.

Please educate me bro!!! I mean if it is really so easy to double up the power, people won't spend so much on heavier mods...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i dont think there is a need to educate u on dis subject matter, instead i will tell u dis, there are a lot of na engines dat run on our streets dat is running on power out of the range of what can be calculated sir. i personally know of a 4g91 dat runs 187hp on the dynamics, if talking about being unortodox, dis is one of the example dat i can give u

okie, sum hint then on ahmed setup.. 1bar isnt the same for all turbines, its the flow dat matters, and tuning isnt just about boost and fueling alone fyi

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
@Veloc
Let me clear you sir previously I was using 4EFTE Turbine CT-9. I was running the same boost 1Bar. On dyno figures were 146Whp. After complete aggressive tuning. Later within a month I changed the turbine to Nissan Dual Ball Bearing and boost was the same 1Bar. With the change of turbine my car leaned with 250CC injectors. I had to upgrade my injectors to 300CC and had to re-tune. And with the figures I was amazed.
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-modification/365308-my-mitsubishi-lancer-4g13-turbo.html
Here are the picture of turbine which I upgraded too.

Attachments

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Let me tell you. Over here I have seen a complete CAT back system on turbo cars. Where else in turbo car its vice verse you don't need thrust back in exhaust system. If you make exhaust short with an open down pipe. Turbo becomes more efficient. Though car sounds a bit ugly in cruising but sounds really cool and loud when boost kicks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ever wonder when you will really get your ass screwed by the most unsuspecting person?

A greedy uncle who help tow my car to the nearest shop gave me just that, a damn RM500 BILL!!! EPIC RAGE on my part when i saw that number.

This is a damn crime against a person who only need a small favour, and i would gladly pay the fee of the proper RM150 cost!!! Damn im pissed, isn't there any other way i can settle this?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience