My E Sis Needs Extra Response From Her Turtle

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Dear Ppl,

As above,ive been asked by elder sister to do something bout her toyota vios 2004 model.She claims the car is sluggish during initial take off n during overtaking....my serious problem here is that im not sure how to mod this toyota at all.And she has said that it must not be more than RM0.8k to Rm1k.....so guys pls help me on this project....Ur kind help is appreciated...the best deal for that amount...guys thanks

xcheong

1,500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
ermm.....
tell your sister, car is not like handphone larr...
top up RM1k doesn't give u a whole lot of feature and power lerr...

K&N air filter+extractor+exhaust already cost u around 1k. but it still won't give u more than 5-10bhp. u won't feel much difference...
unless u fork out 4k for a turbo kit or a powerful celica 1.8 vvti (2zzge) engine transplant that will cost u around 10k include installation.

bro, think of this way. there's no cheap way modified cars larr...
1k for cars is a very very small amount ;)
small small things also cost few hundreds...

Advise your sister, next time buy car, test drive it first.... if not happy, dun buy.
that's the wisest choice, i bet.

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
sell the vios and get other car...hehee....(eg9 "auto" still powerfull compared to vios)..heehehehe...

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Wow ur sister quite a driver... Vios not fast enough har.. maybe u could try a open pod airfliter... it wouldn't add much hp but i guess maybe the car might be more responsive... happy modding

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
I agree with xcheong, new car no need mod lah. Should've surveyed a little before buying the car. But I am surprised that you say Vios is not responsive...
I drive that time feel OK. Can feel the car heavy, but can experience the torque also.
Maybe its the over-taking technique that it went wrong? You can't expect to overtake at the last minute when only you saw a gap, it'll be too late, hence probably explained why the underpower...
if u build the power earlier, then it's a different experience.
Dunno how to explain properly.... :biggrin:

and_t

Apr 28, 2005
Check out the viosclub website. Maybe she can get some idea!!

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
easy only...get K & N drop in filter...then...buy extractor..can feel more pickup liao...cheap loh...if not enough mod the ecu a bit...then ok liao...look stock but more power..

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
guys.. he is wanting response.. so suggestion is.. change to lighter rims or even smaller rims.. throw all the useless things in the car.. service it at every 5000km.. (n use toyota fully 5w 40).. kekek.. or if u really into mod.. don care to void warranty.. go for engine blue printing.. very good response..

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
as far as i know, theres one guy driving a turbo vios in zth right? toilet-duck ar if i'm not mistaken... ask assistance from him loh... heh heh... with turbo sure differs a lot.... :D

xcheong

1,500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
yeah. 1k mod is very little only larr
the tiny performance gain won't give the ooomph to her sister wei...

turbokit or celica 2zzge engine! for sure overtake in split second kekek...

manhunt

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
good suggestion from them...if i were you i'd just ditch the cat.conv, and put aftermarket drop-in filter will do.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
change the exhaust system, put in aftermarket filter and mess with ur ecu... after that sure can feel the power increase... but all these need rm3k i guess...

wetwetwater

Known Member
Mar 9, 2004
Puchong
Visit site
since you guys are in this topic,

mind if i ask, does the Celica 2zzge fit in the Corona ST150 chassis ?

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
got $$$ everything pun boleh.

maybe a little hacksaw here & there. ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

all sifus..just want to get advice from u all. can or not if i swap the engine myself, full half cut? any difficulties thing appear when i do it myself? my car is toyota ee100 1.3L and to swap to ae101 silvertop manual. i got basic experience about car and technical. what do you thing??? anybody got experience when swap that engine?? any problem appeared??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience