Chassis Strengthening

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Dear all,

I am thinking of putting some bars on my car to stiffen it up a little. As I am using lowered and stiffened springs now, I would like to make some corresponding strengthening on the chassis as I think the stiff springs transmit too much shock to the chassis.

Just want to ask if I have a minimum budget and cannot do everything at one go, which are the areas I should strengthen first i.e. Strut bar, front anti roll bar, fender brace, rear anti roll, torsion bar etc.

I guess strut bar would be a must because the suspension mountings are the most direct receiver of the shocks on the roads? But what else? I do not want to strengthen one part and leave other important parts as I have heard of chassis tear. So if I do the strut bar, what other areas do I strengthen?

Please advise,
Thank you...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
97' Corolla AE111

I see UR got quite a complete range for this car. I inquired from one of the salesguy but the bugger no reply. zzz....

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
if your worried about ur chassis getting damage why dont u just reinforce it by double stitching and spot weld

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
KL AUTO ACCESSORIES SDN BHD

Name: Desmond Y Chong
Hp: 017-2823073
No. 66, Jalan Dato Haji Eusoff Kompleks Damai Off Jalan Ipoh 50400 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Phone: 603-4042 9928 / 03-4044 9928 . Email: [email protected]

Taken straight off their website.

Veloc
make your life easier if you're looking for assistance in UR products, search for fellow member: drexchan, or look up EA Autoworks.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
if your worried about ur chassis getting damage why dont u just reinforce it by double stitching and spot weld
Kumar, Come on, that method is gonna cost more that putting up a full set of bars la...

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Kumar, Come on, that method is gonna cost more that putting up a full set of bars la...
im not sure of the cost of it but im sure that it will be more efficient in achieving what u want since u are focusing solely on chassis strengthening
UR bars are excellent but the best way to strengthen the chassis would still be through what ive mentioned earlier from what ive heard the UR chassis bars arent that usefull

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
eh, i thought double welding much more cheaper? no ah? :hmmmm:
I'm not really sure. But double stitching/welding the chassis involves a lot of points and if I were to do it on my car, I would have to remove all thing i.e. upholstery, carpets, body panels, interiors to properly weld all necessary joints. I think it is best suited to new/bare track cars?

too labour intensive I think

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Well, I would like to share the sad, sad news with you guys. I heard the news on the radio this morning while on the way to my office. We didn't expect that he'll pass away just a day after Apple launched the iPhone 4S. Rest In Peace Steve Jobs & we'll always be Apple's loyal fan! Here are the links I found when I checked thru the Internet earlier:-

Apple's Homepage been replaced with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience