MR2 Diagnostic, battery and engine fan lights

kyspeaks

Known Member
Oct 6, 2005
kyspeaks.blogspot.com
Hi to all the MR2 sifus,

I just bought an MR2 MK2 (NA converted to Turbo) this month, and I swapped it's battery with another car that I have about 2 days ago. Last night I noticed that the engine fan light, the battery light, and the other warning light that I do not recognise is lit up. Photos here:

I checked the BGB manual and suspect that it might be a fan relay and/or somehow I did not connect the battery properly.

Question:
Anyone has a suggestion or guide me to as where I should go for a knowledgable and resonable mechanic?

Thanks in advanced. *bows*

fan light
dash board
battery light
battery charge

Racing_Rhythm

Known Member
Oct 4, 2005
hav u take out the battery and fix back again ?
or maybe ur wire plug loose ? @@ ..
cant help u but i can bump for u ......

MRMIC2

1,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2004
midship said:
you may go to GT Auto in sunway... nothing to do with playstation... and look for Toby or Thomas. they should be able to sort it out
Yeah..since our favourite MR2 Garage karisma is no more available....GT Auto is the nearest available at the moment.
Only about 50 meters walk....

kyspeaks

Known Member
Oct 6, 2005
kyspeaks.blogspot.com
I had the good fortune of meeting MRMIC2 nearby GT Auto as my car ran out of battery. All is well now after replacing the belts (busted alternator belt). Price was really reasonable, RM110 for the alternator, and I believe, the timing belt too.

Thanks Mickey. Really appreciate it!

MRMIC2

1,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2004
kyspeaks said:
I had the good fortune of meeting MRMIC2 nearby GT Auto as my car ran out of battery. All is well now after replacing the belts (busted alternator belt). Price was really reasonable, RM110 for the alternator, and I believe, the timing belt too.

Thanks Mickey. Really appreciate it!
Noprobs ky,
The MR2 rescue & repair team at your service....
Fate was playing its part at the right time & right place.
Nice meeting you too.
Come and join our MR2 meets if you can...

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
MRMIC2 said:
Noprobs ky,
The MR2 rescue & repair team at your service....
Fate was playing its part at the right time & right place.
Nice meeting you too.
Come and join our MR2 meets if you can...
brotherhood of MR2 mah.

But there are times where the offer for help is turned down before :frown: dun know, maybe some owners think they know better

MRMIC2

1,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2004
koolspyda said:
brotherhood of MR2 mah.

But there are times where the offer for help is turned down before :frown: dun know, maybe some owners think they know better
I think they feel scared that out of the sudden some stranger wants to help them.
Maybe they try to be careful as there is so many robbery around.
I guess we have done our good part by even just asking them if they need help.
For some that really are in distress...we can help.
(hehe...i sound like a boyscout...)
Even for us helping out,we have to be careful as there are pretend cases that will
rob us if we help them.For an MR2 I will take my chances....hehe :)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I love tuners, I really do, I like what they do and what they stand for. They turn perfectly boring cars into a whirlwind of horsepower and torque exist solely to satisfy our need for speed. Well that’s how it was before, now they do that, and make they car look like a dream at the same time. I’m lusting over this Italian beauty that just had a helping hand from Novitec, the sleek bodykit and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience