1991-1999 (2nd gen) MR2 V8 engine swap

Jun 18, 2009
As far as the MR2 community knows, there is only one running/driving 2nd (mk2) generation MR2 with a V8 in the world (not mine). A guy named Mike in Florida built it.

Mike saw a thread I started where I explored using an Audi V8 in the mk2 MR2. I was looking at using it transversely, and found it would not work. He did his longitudinally. He made major structural changes to the body to make it work. One of my goals was to make minimal or no structural changes to the car.

Photo of Mike's car:

I have since moved on and I am now using a Cadillac Northstar V8. You might be aware of Bill's Toystar (Gen1 V8 MR2). Please note that I am using the Northstar for different reasons than Bill had, so it is actually a coincidence that I am usign the same engine. Its really simple of you think of it like this: It is one of the very few V8's that were offered in a transverse application, so its logical that I would end up using it.

Anyway, I thought all of you on the ZeroToHundred forum would be interested in seeing my project. My diary is here.

Pix of my project:

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
But the 1st pic. owner will steaming hot like sitting in OVEN!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
I believe no people in Malaysia will done like that. Really respect :adore:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Having question, which alot people said that open pod was`t suitable on automatic transmission.
I have few numbers of friends installed open pod on their automatic myvi, vios, persona, accord, civic and 350z also having good result on performance increase.
Another weird answer from a friend with 350z roadster is better fuel consume after installing a long ram open pod + CAI with heat shield cover.

I`m currently going to do a short ram intake with heat shield cover for my 1.5l automatic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience