What’s the deal?
The all-new Renault Koleos, in its 2<sup>nd</sup> generation now, is notably larger than its predecessor. Dubbed as Renault’s ‘first D-segment SUV’, the Koleos is built on CMF C/D platform from Renault-Nissan ventures, which means that it shares the same platform as the X-Trail and Espace.
The Koleos is set to be launched very soon. In the meantime, read on to know about the design concept and philosophy behind Renault’s latest flagship SUV.
2016 Renault Koleos
Engine: 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol
Transmission: Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT)
Traditional SUV qualities
- The Koleos features design pillar ‘EXPLORE’ which means robustness and a taste of adventure, as introduced by Laurens van den Acker.
- It gets traditional SUV design traits: door protective mouldings, large-diameter wheels and aluminium roof bar
- The high ground clearance of 210mm as well as approach and departure angles of 19- and 26-degrees respectively, showcase the SUV’s off-road capability
- The all-new Koleos gets the ‘protective interior’ - a strong reminiscent of quality, comfort and strength - from the exterior that’s harmoniously carried into the cabin
- Four body colours available: Universal White, Grey Metallic, Black Metallic and Meissen Blue
Boasting Renault’s high-end styling
- Designed in parallel with the Renault Talisman, Renault’s new flagship sedan, the Koleos’ styling sports similarities with the car, making it an unmistakable flagship SUV
- Easily recognizable as a top-of-the-range Renault through its prominent Renault logo at the centre of a broad chrome grille, flanked by the C-shaped DLRs and LED headlights
- Features unique chrome strips that run from the headlights along the front fenders, giving it a lengthened front-end look, expressing dynamism and elegance
- At the rear, there are familiar horizontal, wide tail lights (permanently-led LED) as found on Renault’s Talisman and new Megane, amplifying a wide look on the Koleos
- The all-new Koleos boasts a record-breaking interior spaces, thanks to its 2,705mm wheelbase, which happens to be the longest in the segment
Arriving in Malaysia very soon, the sole franchise holder TC Euro Cars (TCEC) has announced that the bookings for the Renault’s latest flagship SUV is now open.
The introductory price for the all-new Koleos is RM172,800 in Peninsular Malaysia and RM116,800 in Langkawi. Stay tuned for more details and launch story!