MME 2006 Reports

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
MME 2006 race reports

Our team, Active Motorsports, car no. 109, finished 40th overall out of 77 cars. 15th in class C out of 24 cars. With no technical problem except for frequent driver stop helped our team to complete the 12 hours race in 210 laps. Started 2nd last row from the back of the grid due to fuel & grounding issue during qualifying and things sorted out right before the race.
My first completed race after two attempts in previous MME. The most difficult and best ever experience race for me with heavy downpour which lasted more than hour beginning from 3am plus blind apex and less than 100m visibility. Track started to dry around 7am where most of the team changing back to slicks including our team.

Congrats to team R3 for defending the overall title again and including class C R3 waja.

MME News (Team R3 retains title)
http://www.malaysiangp.com.my/motorsports/mme/default.asp
MME 2006 Results
http://www.malaysiangp.com.my/motorsports/mme/results-2006.html

Last edited:

e39a

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
OZ
Visit site
sabelt, congrats to u.

well, our team, Goodspeed, car no 110, also had some minor technical issues, mostly mechanical....

we actually were glad that it started to rain....LOL, as our main issue were the wheel bolts keep breaking.....

our friendly, team Maximus, also suffered from the wheel bolt breakage as well....

the best part was that our team finished the race....that moment was just sweet to remember......it was good to be part of the pitcrew...

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
wheelbolts breaking LOL tell me bout it!

all down to setting the rattlegun torque wrongly and suddenly wheels dropping off, diffs broken, clutch shagged and whole race ruined...

BTW congrats to all who finished this years MME and for those who dont, there'll always be next year.

sagaburuk

Dec 19, 2003
e39a said:
sabelt, congrats to u.
well, our team, Goodspeed, car no 110, also had some minor technical issues, mostly mechanical....
we actually were glad that it started to rain....LOL, as our main issue were the wheel bolts keep breaking.....
our friendly, team Maximus, also suffered from the wheel bolt breakage as well....
the best part was that our team finished the race....that moment was just sweet to remember......it was good to be part of the pitcrew...
hi e39a... which one are u eh??
i was driving the the 89 trial satria la.. we were in the same pit.. but tak tau which one..

congrats to all MME 2006 finishers...!!
as for me, this is my 4th year in MME.. i drove satria 1.6 (trial tuning) this year.. and everything was ok...until 11.15am, which was about 45minutes from end of 12hrs racing.. our car broke down due to engine failure.. :(

i really agreed with sabelts statements.."The most difficult and best ever experience race for me with heavy downpour which lasted more than hour beginning from 3am plus blind apex and less than 100m visibility."

it was very interesting and really requires a lot of concerntrations driving with that kind of visibility!! especially when have to do few laps in heavy rain in full slicks..with almost 10m visibility.. :(

looking forward for the next MME...
ooppss... before that... looking for MSS 1st... hehe

sagaburuk

e39a

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
OZ
Visit site
sagaburuk,

myself, EG9, hitz, banzai, trd16v and afew others were the pitcrew for car 110....

and i'm the one with the lansi look....LOL

Last edited:

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Sabelt, thanks.

Proton R3 entered 2 cars. Lotus Exige 300RR (Class O) & Waja 1.6 MME Edition. Both cars finished. Exige 300RR winning Overall & Class O and the Waja 3rd in Class C.

As Team Cordinator for the Exige I was awake thoughout with my comm set glued to my head communicating with the drivers. My head felt squashed after the race.hehe

Winning Class O and Overall (and being the first Team to win Back to Back Overall) is just AWESOME. As the saying goes " Victory tast better the second time around"

Next year we have unfinished business in Class A (4th in 2004) and Class B (our suported team DNF) and Class C (3rd this year). Hope for Glory in different classes next year.

And I aim to get back in the drivers seat. hehehe

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
class C drivers...juz curious
wat tayars u use?slicks?AD07?
how often u guys change tayars? (if no rain)

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
simonchangwaimun said:
class C drivers...juz curious
wat tayars u use?slicks?AD07?
how often u guys change tayars? (if no rain)
Only silverstone tyres are allowed in class B and C. For qualified competitors after the qualifying, will only be allowed to use 16pcs of hard compound slicks and 4pcs of wet tyres which are competition specs for the entire 12 hour race.

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
sabelt said:
Only silverstone tyres are allowed in class B and C. For qualified competitors after the qualifying, will only be allowed to use 16pcs of hard compound slicks and 4pcs of wet tyres which are competition specs for the entire 12 hour race.
thanx...one more Q...
any type of silverstone?wet oso silverstone?
do they sponsor or u guys get it urself?
ok...so thats 3 Q
hahahhaha

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
simonchangwaimun said:
thanx...one more Q...
any type of silverstone?wet oso silverstone?
do they sponsor or u guys get it urself?
ok...so thats 3 Q
hahahhaha
For qualified competitors, you need to buy

1) 16 pcs of hard compound of silverstone ftz full slick. RM200 each. That means 16 pcs x RM200 = RM3200
Click the link below for silverstone ftz full slick
http://www.silverstone.com.my/tyre_ftzSlick_spec.asp

2) 8 pcs of silverstone ftz wet. 8 pcs x Rm200 = RM1600. You wont see this kind of tyre on the road. Only competition use only.
Click the link below for FTZ wet. The pics its on the left.
http://www.silverstone.com.my/tyre_ftzWet_spec.asp

Hope this helps. Cheers.

++++

Jul 17, 2006
sabelt said:
For qualified competitors, you need to buy

1) 16 pcs of hard compound of silverstone ftz full slick. RM200 each. [/url]

2) 8 pcs of silverstone ftz wet. 8 pcs x Rm200 [/url]

Hope this helps. Cheers.
Do realise that those tyre prices are subsidised by Silverstone especially for the event. normal retail prices of those tyres are nearly double than that.

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
++++ said:
Do realise that those tyre prices are subsidised by Silverstone especially for the event. normal retail prices of those tyres are nearly double than that.
That's what i did mentioned, the price are only for QUALIFIED competitors only. Not retail price to the consumer.

e39a

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
OZ
Visit site
sagaburuk,

good work on ur team....u guys were cool....

all MME participants and crew,

u guys were cool too, and the finishing was a great one, especially the HONDA team out-shouting the R3 team.....LOL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifu here....

Did anyone know where can i buy Fiberglass Material?(Around KL & Selangor)

i wanna DIY bodykit for my car~

wat`s need?

Fiberglass sheet,Rough Cement,Smooth Cement,Glue? And???

Price?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience