Mitsubishi Airtrek

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
what i mean is not that the fuel consumption can be better, its just need to tune to know that with all the fuel pressure and mapping is it ok or not with current boosting.. at least we know are we running too lean or too rich.. then it would be wasted if we're giving too much fuel for nothing. even the engine response would be affected also if were running rich. am i rite bro vr2?
In that case then correct, because when high boost cannot tune lean. My friend fried his SR20 engine by boosting too high, but fuel feed not enough....:bawling:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
haha.. we all learn from mistake.. got cheated couple of time.. doing stupid ideas.. i took my lesson alot from my L2s. use turbo this la turbo that la.. then kaput.. racing on hiway with EK la.. after all of this stupid things, i learn the limit of this cute engine and also alot of solutions. :proud:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
haha.. we all learn from mistake.. got cheated couple of time.. doing stupid ideas.. i took my lesson alot from my L2s. use turbo this la turbo that la.. then kaput.. racing on hiway with EK la.. after all of this stupid things, i learn the limit of this cute engine and also alot of solutions. :proud:
Same here brother, was cheated before also, but we have to learn from there. If not, will be cheated all the way....ha! ha!:driver:

miras792000

Known Member
Oct 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
hoo.....finally got my airtrek.....went top speed then radiator peach....damn.....:bang head:
i need advice on the rim now.....17' or 18' better? and also the mechanic ask me not to put different size rim...(front & back have to be same width & size woh) is tat true? :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hoo.....finally got my airtrek.....went top speed then radiator peach....damn.....:bang head:
i need advice on the rim now.....17' or 18' better? and also the mechanic ask me not to put different size rim...(front & back have to be same width & size woh) is tat true? :biggrin:
Same size easy to maintain your tyres. Can rotate and so on.....:driver:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
i agree with bro vr2. just stick to same sized rim..

mine already pecah last time.. change to new top cover.. later can change to aluminum.. im on 17" n i can say tyre price is still cheap.. 18" will look better than 17" but FC slightly higher and abit bumpy if ur on stiff suspension. but if i have the choice, i would go for 18" with 8.5jj at least.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

mine already pecah last time.. change to new top cover.. later can change to aluminum.. im on 17" n i can say tyre price is still cheap.. 18" will look better than 17" but FC slightly higher and abit bumpy if ur on stiff suspension. but if i have the choice, i would go for 18" with 8.5jj at least.
Sell him your 17" and then get 18"....:rofl:

miras792000

Known Member
Oct 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

hehe....i know 18' is nice but the tyre is way too expensive.....i think i'll get 17' better......
bro, can upload ur car photo to show me? appreciate if u can do tat.....:wavey:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hehe....i know 18' is nice but the tyre is way too expensive.....i think i'll get 17' better......
bro, can upload ur car photo to show me? appreciate if u can do tat.....:wavey:
Yup, if got budget go for looks also, if not just maintain in between....:biggrin:

I started out on 16" for my Sedan, as at that time 17" was expensive. Later years as more 17" tyres rolled out, 17" became cheaper and 16" less, then I switched to 17"....:driver:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
18" tires are not that expensive nowdays.. u have alot of brand to choose.. im using street tire indonesian brand n kinda like it so far. even better from some of korean brand but not in a league with japanese or europe brand la.. go look at my profile for my car's photo bro miras.. please drop by our club forum at MAC. there are plenty of airtrek frens that u can share info with.. even VR2 kept joining our thread.. hehe

Attachments

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
18" tires are not that expensive nowdays.. u have alot of brand to choose.. im using street tire indonesian brand n kinda like it so far. even better from some of korean brand but not in a league with japanese or europe brand la.. go look at my profile for my car's photo bro miras.. please drop by our club forum at MAC. there are plenty of airtrek frens that u can share info with.. even VR2 kept joining our thread.. hehe
Actually was looking for one last time. And have 2 friends having them...:biggrin:
Anyway my VR have same heart as your airtrek, only older....hahaha:rofl:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
i supports bro VR2. he's a senior here in ZTH forums and also support MAC forums alot in giving alot of opinions and ideas. u r always welcomed bro.. anyone can join MAC even if they dont drive an airtrek... :biggrin:

miras792000

Known Member
Oct 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Bro banger, thanks for the photo and advice....appreciate it a lot....:proud:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i supports bro VR2. he's a senior here in ZTH forums and also support MAC forums alot in giving alot of opinions and ideas. u r always welcomed bro.. anyone can join MAC even if they dont drive an airtrek... :biggrin:
Thank you....:top:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just a warning for u guys...
my car got broken into just last nite
RSM and apexi boost meter stolen

worse thing is.... my car was parked deep in the porch of my house (house can park 2 cars ma.. mine was the inner one)
2 dudes on motor came, climb over neighbour gate, climb over fence into my house, and broke my window

pretty sure my car is marked adi... so just a warning for u guys in SS15.. the moment my car alarm went off, i rush downstairs, and they cabut wif my stuff adi...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience