Mitsubishi Airtrek

miras792000

Known Member
Oct 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

i'm planning to get an airtrek as my 2nd car but i worry bout the spare parts and problem coz the car i'm looking at is 9yrs old. Airtrek is my favourite, therefore i'm only be able to afford it now. Can anyone give advice? Thank you.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
dont worry bro... i owned one n i dont even have 2nd car. its a daily drive car to work. maintainance is not cheap but its not that expensive either. go get one and u wont regret. spare part wise dont worry we have alot of frens. u can search urself at sparepart shop or here in the forum as well. fuel consumption is still ok considering its a 2.0L turbo.

miras792000

Known Member
Oct 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
dont worry bro... i owned one n i dont even have 2nd car. its a daily drive car to work. maintainance is not cheap but its not that expensive either. go get one and u wont regret. spare part wise dont worry we have alot of frens. u can search urself at sparepart shop or here in the forum as well. fuel consumption is still ok considering its a 2.0L turbo.
Bro 4gbanger,

I really appreciate ur comment and it's a very much support. Bro, how much u need to spend for a normal servicing? if i would buy that car, can i keep and used for another 10yrs down the road with minimal problems on that car? (again, it's related to spare parts availability) i'm so worried the spare parts would be discontinue....:confused:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
i been drivin this turtle for 3 years. some parts are really hard to find (new not used wor) so there is other option such as halfcut or mod other car's part to fit (evo, proton etc). normal maintenance is just like other 2L engine with auto trans.. u can choose normal type maint. parts that didnt cost much or got poisoned to use performance maint. parts like engine oil, GBox oil, Filters, bushes etc. on n all, its just depend on ur decission for your car. so far we can still find parts at halfcut and some runner selling. last word, just makesure u know that u r driving a 2L turbocharged car and dont complaint much about FC. just the auto trans make it not that quick. :biggrin: cant wait to see ya join the club..

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

normal oil change service i spend around rm 130~180 depend on what oil u choose. dont forget u r buying a second hand car. makesure it is good condition before buying. or else alot of wear n tear parts need to change.

miras792000

Known Member
Oct 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, i've went to test drive the stock car today, everything is so ori. I notice it has water coming from the exhaust ( was it problem with the engine ). I've paid a booking and going to submit the loan next week. After approval, i'll bring the car to Ah Wah at kinrara for a full inspection.
The car seems bit turbo lag, i felt during a sprint from 0km/h - 60km. start moving died slow till the turbo kicks in.....but everything looks fine from wat i can see, still need a mechanic to go through....:smokin::biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Water from exhaust when cold, right? Then is good sign, as long as exhaust is not oily....

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
water came out from exhaust is a good sign. it means engine is in good condition and the cat-converter is perform well. whats the mileage? check the engine bay makesure its clean. it is a bit turbo lag even in stock form. change to evo cam it will perform wit better response. gudluck tho.. welcome to the club.. :biggrin:

miras792000

Known Member
Oct 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Oh didn't know water coming out from exhaust is a good thingy....yah i'll send the car to Ah Wah for full inspection. i have to make sure the engine, gear box, under carriage is in good condition and accident free. Hope can meet up with u guys when i got the car.....:biggrin::biggrin:

The mileage is 90k++, but i think they mod the mileage le.....it's a 9yr old car bro....

Last edited:

miras792000

Known Member
Oct 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Doesn't matter le....btw, other than ah wah....where else can I send for inspection? Also once I got the cat d, I need to do a full servicing and check on the timing and fan belt.....:wavey:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
so far, ah wah is the workshop that most familiar with airtrek. other than that, there is one workshop in shah alam that are quite familiar. but i dont know where..

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
he can install any turbo timer or air filter with his eyes close i tell u.. heheh.. that it simple job any mechanic can install no problem..

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

are u planning to install open pod air filter?

miras792000

Known Member
Oct 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
:biggrin::biggrin: Yup yup.....looking for HKS filter and Apexi timer.....do u know any place going cheap? Oh need to install a new alarm system too.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since 2005, the Bugatti Veyron made international headlines, becoming the world's fastest and most powerful car ever produced by a manufacturer. Not any more it seems.

<!--more-->Even though the Veyron managed to reach the 1,000bhp mark through its unique W16...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience