mitsubishi 6A10 1.6 V6 engine...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

vortex

Feb 3, 2006
if u said better pick 6a12tt straight rather than 6a10 + turbo, is it possible to register any wira chassis to 2.0 litre with JPJ ???

i dont think so, bro.... Nowadays, no more wira/satria/putra allowed to convert 2.0 litre...

sometimes, money dont talk...hahahaha

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
just look for 2nd car which is already done convertion by prev owner.

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
yup....agree with boyzone...easier like dat...no need to think hard until ur brain popps out for turbo kits and all the internal upgrades that have to be done...:)

Jul 22, 2007
syaq, u rite arr..
my wira also converted to 6a10 1.6 v6 n 24valve, ok maa..
this engine is smooth and the maintainence were not to high aarr..
so 4 me this ok la.. not much prob from this engine then turbo. high risk maa.
so it depend to the user i think

skyline9941

Known Member
May 1, 2005
syaq, u rite arr..
my wira also converted to 6a10 1.6 v6 n 24valve, ok maa..
this engine is smooth and the maintainence were not to high aarr..
so 4 me this ok la.. not much prob from this engine then turbo. high risk maa.
so it depend to the user i think

The stock 6a10 v6 engine is definitely much stronger and better performance compared to 4g91 stock engine especially in auto transmission (gearbox 212 vs 222 coding). This is a fact and else those jap enginners wouldnt be allocated hundred thousands fund in engine development. The V6 engine is more sophicated and more parts are required to built. of cos,the maintainace wise will be higher compare to the conventional L4 engine. there is always limit for L4 engine in term of displacement and they are mostly up to 2.4 liters only so far. Else they have either to transform into L6 engine. V series engines will have better balance compare to L-series engines, else the F1 engine will just use L configuration. again, V8 series is evidently the current set-up for F1 engine.
Sometimes, there is no need to argue with those die hard fans of 4g91. Some of them even claimed their engine can even beat the 4g93 with slighly modified engine.What a big sarcatic joke!Huge different in engine displacament and same engine design should be adequate to elucidate the outcome..i use to own a satria with v6 engine. it still running smooth and gives less problem as well. The routine maintainace is just like normal wira, but maybe needs more engine oil (slighly more than 4liters). Now, the car is left for mum to drive. my conclusion is sufficient power and very reliable engine..

Sep 11, 2009
Kuantan
u remove rpm cut off or something?
Hi!..
For my V6 engine no engine cut off and speed cut..standard...

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

The stock 6a10 v6 engine is definitely much stronger and better performance compared to 4g91 stock engine especially in auto transmission (gearbox 212 vs 222 coding). This is a fact and else those jap enginners wouldnt be allocated hundred thousands fund in engine development. The V6 engine is more sophicated and more parts are required to built. of cos,the maintainace wise will be higher compare to the conventional L4 engine. there is always limit for L4 engine in term of displacement and they are mostly up to 2.4 liters only so far. Else they have either to transform into L6 engine. V series engines will have better balance compare to L-series engines, else the F1 engine will just use L configuration. again, V8 series is evidently the current set-up for F1 engine.
Sometimes, there is no need to argue with those die hard fans of 4g91. Some of them even claimed their engine can even beat the 4g93 with slighly modified engine.What a big sarcatic joke!Huge different in engine displacament and same engine design should be adequate to elucidate the outcome..i use to own a satria with v6 engine. it still running smooth and gives less problem as well. The routine maintainace is just like normal wira, but maybe needs more engine oil (slighly more than 4liters). Now, the car is left for mum to drive. my conclusion is sufficient power and very reliable engine..
Setuju! kalau x best xkan jepun nak cipta v6...
ape daa....
pernah pakai 4g91...gegar kuat...overheat sokmo!..
Tukar v6 1.6...baru lah rasa puas memandu...
kih3....

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
My Satria had been loaded 6A10 and 4g91 before.
This is what I face on 6A10:
1) Engine bay is hot.
2) understreet
3) Better tourque as 1.6 engine.

For 4G91
1) have handling fun
2) more aftermarket part to support.

aiman210191

From Facebook
Feb 19, 2011
www.facebook.com
im usin it.....n so far no problems............n i enquired my mech, he said can use 6A12(perdana)'s TURBO kit........

1.da car is very powerful, overtakin is a breeze
2.im usin da absorber+springs from da halfcut, bhind im usin APM performax absorbers+ stock springs, i can c da front part higher than the back, so im plannin 2 change suspension sys for da whole car
3.top speed can go 220(ive tried so far, until a big butt S320 came n slowed me down)
4.if u wan this engine, better chg 2 a good set of brakes, stock configuration(2vent disc n 2drum) is insufficient....
5.when u start ur car, evry1 will b starin.......V6 startin sound mmg CUN laaa
6.FC is good, it gives me 250KMs for RM50(RM1.92 per litre), im dun drive very fast
ok ok ony laaa lolzzz....
may i know why my 6a10 engine cut off at 7500rpm and only go up to 170km/h?

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Bro, u mean max speed 170km/h???
Are you using auto tranny?
I was sat in friend's car (Satria with 6A10) reached 180km/h@7500rpm in 4th gear.
Damn, the sound really shiokkk woo.. but, I must say the torque is quite lacking.
Max speed i dont know.

Overall, that engine is shiok-shiok for cruising and the sound at higher rpm is addictive.

dD69

Known Member
Jun 12, 2006
kuantan-kL
Bro, u mean max speed 170km/h???
Are you using auto tranny?
I was sat in friend's car (Satria with 6A10) reached 180km/h@7500rpm in 4th gear.
Damn, the sound really shiokkk woo.. but, I must say the torque is quite lacking.
Max speed i dont know.

Overall, that engine is shiok-shiok for cruising and the sound at higher rpm is addictive.
bro are u using 6a10 too?
agreed with your statement! :driver:

syaq

Known Member
Feb 23, 2004
Seremban
www.keretabaru4u.blogspot.com
so far...already used my 6a10 engine in my wira for about 6 years...with no major problem...

dD69

Known Member
Jun 12, 2006
kuantan-kL
Hahha yea true.
But the price for vee is quite expensive.
So far this vee machine perform well to :driver:me :)

aHLengChai

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
how bout waja chassis + fto v6 engine? will cause any trouble esp handling? hehe

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The new 2017 Honda NSX has made its world debut for quite some time, and now there's great news.

Production has just begun on the first all-new NSX, to be delivered to its first customer.

The car showcases the best Honda could offer in both performance and technology. At a glance this new NSX is IMMENSE. It gets AWD ability, 3 electric motors, a compact 3.5-litre V6, twin turbocharged, capable of 573hp and 646 Nm of torque.

This new NSX is no longer the pure NA supercar-chaser. it is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience