Mit.EVO owner come in pls

BlueTezza

Known Member
Nov 13, 2006
hi there.....i have few question to ask b4 buying an EVO 9....

1) what is the fuel consumption of an EVO 9?
2) will EVO 9 hard to take care ? like nid oways go to repair (coz i hear ppl said tat evo so small gas...easy rosak or engine easy over hot..sry bout my broken eng)

3) Will EVO 9 maintanence fee high ?
4) In your opinion, how do u think about evo9 ?
5) Will EVO 9 parts expensive if wan to change or even cant found in m'sia ? ( the part i mean is not modification thing)

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
to answer most of ur question (i'm not evo owner,just slow lancer onli hehe),are you willing to spend BIG?coz Evo is force-fed(turbo) and I bet u wont go for STOCK RIDE for a very long time.mesti mods kaw2 punya.hehe.

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
BlueTezza,
A stock evo is not hard to maintain at all.. especially an evo 9 due to it's a very new car... as stock for first 5 years without any modifications. fuel consumption on an evo subjective due to the driver driving characteristics. the fuel tank is a 55litre tank (comparing e7 48litre).... "evo is a turbo sports car engineered for drivers that loves speed and superb handling at hard corners maximizing torque and the ability of the car transforms the driver to a different level in driving"......well... if you're worried about the fuel consumption.. don't buy a sports car...the more power.... the more fuel is burned!!! it's a fact ......evo engine from evo 1-9 does heat up quite fast.. and the engine bay is quite hot.. but that does'nt mean it over heats... usually when an evo over heats.. it's due to engine modifications which needs some fine tuning.. a stock evo comes with a large intercooler, oil cooler and centre alluminuim radiator... which is even more worth it than many other cars.. a healthy evo need service about every 5,000 KM.. a good choice of engine oil protects the car even better!! well... i'd figure this applies to every car anyways!!! choose an engine oil that suits your driving characteristics.. a good reliable mechanic is also important.. well.. if you are buying an new evo 9.. they should give you a waranty as well.. all cars in the world is easily broken down due to lack of maintainence and driving characteristics !!! if you flaw your paddle everyday changing gears at high rpm not servising your car for more than 15,000 km... any car ranging from rm500 to rm2million will also damage easily.. (remote control car also need maintainence leh).. a full service of an evo (engine oil,gear oil, ayc oil, oil filter) can cost up to RM750.00 - RM1,200 depending on the brand of oils that you are using!! always remember "BRANDED" does'nt mean it's good and "NON BRANDED" does'nt mean it's bad... I would advise "TESTED AND PROVEN" is much better!!!... but you don't need to full service all the time!!! your every 5,000km is only for engine oil!!!..thats all.. the gear and ayc oil is probably every 30-40,000 KM depending how you drive your car!!!.... What do i think about Evo 9 ??? PLS READ OUR EVO 9 FORUM AND YOU WILL KNOW!!! evo parts can be found in malaysia quite easily.. you can order or buy parts at any Mitsubishi Outlet that has a service centre.. or simply dropby a workshop and enquire.. it's quite easy in terms of availability.. unless you are looking for a aftermarket performance parts which is rare!! EXPENSIVE???? well..... you're driving a rm280,000.00 sports car... the price if of course higher than an average proton or a toyota vios.. but for a japanese sports car... parts price is quite alright...
End words... take care!! Good Luck!! Happy Searching! Happy Reading!! Happy Car shopping and Happy Driving!!!!... Cheers!!!
For any more information... pls read out forum topics and if there is any questions just give us a buzz!!! MLOC is always here to help!!

Cheers!!!

BlueTezza

Known Member
Nov 13, 2006
wow...lots of information..thx leslie..
I was now thinking of getting it or not..coz i have another car to choose to buy is the skyline R34 GT-R...but i worry and scare cant afford it for maintanence,fuel,or other many things la...so then i try to ask about evo9...
I was just wanna stock car only..coz got turbo will satisfy me..coz my car now no turbo:( ..
HOPE OTHER OWNER CAN GIVE MORE AND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT E9

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
bro i saw ur post at skyline thread.what I can say is if u are afraid about fuel consumption + maintenance + spare parts n eveything so better u stick to N/A car lerrrr.or buy lancer like me hehe :) IMHO turbo-fed car need A LOT2 OF COMMITMENT,PATIENT,PASSION & DETERMINATION :) its not about how fast u can go,or more fuel saving u can get,but its all about DRIVING EXCITEMENT!THIS ONE IS PRICELESS~ :_: am i right guys?:_: :regular_smile:

skyline vs evo9 who win?why skyline r-34 is older model due to its production 1998-1999?hehe.its all about PASSION la bro.if u like the car u wont bother anymore.as for example a lot off ppl asking me "hey why u buy that lancer,same like waja engine 4G18P!!!summore faking expensive"argh apa gua peduli?its my money maaa!lancer is a perfect base car for mods what!so again,its all about PASSION!hihi :_:

if u wan to play turbo car $$$ is a must-have ready a lot (in your wallet) and dont even ask about fuel consumption.tarak guna punya :shades_smile: sorry for my harsh word but I'm simply cannot tahan all those question want play turbo but to save fuel.where in this earth u can achieve that?general rule of thumb : U WANT MORE POWER U HAVE TO SACRIFICE MORE FUEL.enuff said hihihi:_:

ok sorry for my cock talk.wanna take shower.tata~

p/s : my dream car is always R-34 GTR.hihihi:_: ohhh mr P dun tiuu tiuu me~ aaaaa~

saiyuke

500 RPM
Nov 6, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.cardomain.com
Hi Bluetezza, I am not an MLOC member yet, but i just bought a new Evo9 last week and one word i can describe about the car is: Superb! :_: :_: :_:

Never regret:_: to own an Evo!:_: :_:

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
If you put fuel consumption ahead of everything, go get yourself a normal sedan....

Sorry if you felt that i'm harshed 2 you, but that's the reality.........

Last edited:

nicknick

Known Member
Jul 4, 2006
BlueTezza,

Evos n R34 are great cars. If these cars are in your (affordable) buying list, don't think you should worry about the questions above.
The basic one are all explained by Leslie.

I'm sure Most of us won't regret at all.

BlueTezza

Known Member
Nov 13, 2006
lolololz....well,after seen you guys' reply..i think that own a car that is sports is must pay more than a normal car...hmmm..still not confirm wan to buy which 1...

netracer

Known Member
Feb 15, 2005
Ipoh-KL
Visit site
hmm... not sure which to buy??

i reckoned u should consider urself... few major aspects b4 anything else, namely :-

1. can u afford it ---> i mean really afford it, not just able to buy off n skimping lunch. If u take a loan, dun consider able to come up with the instalments as affordable status. Or strecthing to 9 years... making the monthly as low as possible is not clever.... how can u tell ur affordability to be stable if not better for the next 9 years?? n that does not yet cover insurance. Road tax is cheap however.

2. maintenance ---> r u an enthusiast ? or just send to shop n pay when the bill shows up? or rather let the mechanic decides what to use n u swipe ur card? give it a thought. it's either u feed ur babe or get a babysitter thing.

3. owner or driver ---> this is optional. few of us feel proud to own, keep it in garage hence lower maintenance eg... for display and ownership purposes. keeping it in pristine condition and let it depreaciates for the next buyer/owner. Another type of owner/driver is to yearn/learn and enjoy the higher than average handling, power & balance of the man made machine to defy physics to a higher limit. in short... it can also be used as a daily saloon but u must be a 'driver' to enjoy/extract the full potential of it or else it would be wasteful.

4. free to add...:regular_smile:

Last edited:

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
Hi bluetezza,
Evo9 or GTR34 both are good car (realiable) and it is up to individual choice. What I can suggest is that , go and test drive both car b4 u decide. Like me last time b4 i decide to buy e9, I do test drive GTR34. Sometimes I wonder why even 'mat salleh' put an evo in F&F part 2 & 3??? Like others said, if u think of buying a sport car don't think about save fuel.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Comparing stock to stock, i'll think R34 wil hv higher fc than E9!!! Oso think of de car practicalbility... A 4 doors car or a 2 doors coupe for urs usage??? Maintainance wise, R34 might b higher than de E9 due to its 2.6L n 6 cylinder engine... Oso with RM280k+ u wanna get a brand new E9 or a unreg but used R34??? De choice is urs, jus hope u dun regret it after u made a decision... Or wait for a another yr where u can get urself to consider de R35 n Evo X!!!!

:_:

netracer

Known Member
Feb 15, 2005
Ipoh-KL
Visit site
or simply the best is -> get both R34 VspecII n E9 MR

okay okay, back to earth, y not get to know both carz in real life. eg - taxi ride if not, drive one urself...on the A roads, B roads, sepang, highway, etc...

most cars are like 'first impression attraction syndrome'. When u don't own it, u go crazy over it, searching n stretching ur budget for it.

Once u owned it, the temptation is not that sky high any longer. Then mods will keep that interest/adore last a little while. Bear in mind, this burns moolah.

And when u feel like u had enough, selling it off would set u back a lot esp bought brand new.

I know coz I have owned E7, E8, E8MR and currently E8MR with E9 look.
In within, I am still having other rides for daily purpose from BMW n Toyota.

Should I start all over, I would reckoned a well used E8 and mod kaw-kaw. Coz std EVO is err... being too standard.

Ask urself - don't u want a ride with ur own choice or tyres/rims, suspension, cf perhaps, audio system to name a few. Dun forget, electronics ranging from meters, controllers and stuff as well. Heck, nothing comes free. Tell me, I learned the hard way. In return, u have urself an experience money couldn't buy.

For hard driving, peace of mine... I'll choose Jap makes over others. For biz and leisure, continental fetch a premium. Take it from there.... dun wait till u r 40+ and when u have mid life crisis, u go ga-ga over evo/subaru. Others may think that u r driving ur son's car instead. Hehe.

Life is short. Life to max. I tot I had enuh of EVO. Yeah, right. Am still keeping one since E7 back in year 2001.
And I'm turning 34 soon. Sigh.

Last edited:

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
netracer....hey u r so damn right....

by the way.......have u joined in with our convoys ? do feel free to come by....or u just mod on looks ???

netracer

Known Member
Feb 15, 2005
Ipoh-KL
Visit site
dd... i'm fm up north. my mods so are are purely basic.

Apexi open pod intake, banana exh manifold, ganador titanium exh from downpipe till rear end. Twinplate clucth, dame clunky when idling like my ducati bike, HKS, Samco silicone hoses, defi boost, oil temp n exh temp, Teins RA, TE37 18in with RE050 tyres, E9 bumper front, rear n spoiler, replace to 8K HID D2S, Redline lubricants Rear diff, ACD, gear, engine oil, coolant.

Extra parts with me are : E8 bumper front n rear, Cusco rollcage, two extra TE37 18in rims.

Was busy with 1JZ mod on Prado. Now boosting at low 0.7bar (peak) and dump the 4x4 to only 4x2. Change rear diff from 4.51 to 4.1 hence rpm at 100km/h is ticking at 2100rpm. Running on 18in 285/60 Toyos.... gadgets on the Prado is more than the evo. Most of the time I go to B roads.... fly over bumps, crushed into potholes on the Prado. EVO on the other hand is merely on tarmac. Unless I get some sponsors on tyres, rims n suspension - hehe...

FYI, evo now in Perak. I used to travel a lot on the EVO, not anymore when the 1JZ with 4x2 trashable, troublefree as daily 'hantam' ride.

Am looking for a E8 track car - illegal or not, doesn't matter. As long as not sambung/welded.

Purpose - next year MME.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody knows where to get or how to get the zero to hundred sticker? i'm looking for one thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience