Michelin Pilot Sport 3

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
1 of my car is running 595RSR dry grip is superb it's a hatch..on wet roads the grip is still there but on drizzle condition if heavy downpour...i slow down to 50km/h....if hit water puddle....get ready a basket and catch your heart as it jump out from your chest....AD07, 08 no need to say....drive fast in the rain with these you better wear pampers...

you guys run so high PSI on tires ah....it wears out the center of the tires more than the sides...although it gives better FC and less rolling resistance..but the handling is very floaty one. I'm using Dunlop direzza dz101 on my another car..I also pump about F32 R33 PSI only...because need to take into account after the air get's heat up the PSI will increase to around 35 PSI and on spirited drive will increase to 36+

just my humble 2 kupang opinion, better to run tires at the correct pressure...not too much or too less...because the best is to keep the tire contact patch as much as possible on the road and as flat as possible...too much pressure might stress the steel rib inside the tires too much, too less, the ribs can't hold the tires properly in shape...

Last edited:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
For narrower tyres can speed faster in the rain than wide tyres. I did 140 on 195/50/15 PS3 in rain for hours still got grip without a slight aquaplaning sign, but not 215/45/17 PS3 which lost grip at 110-120 in rain. That's scary.

Why you guys pump so high pressure? I put only 220KPa front 200KPa rear only...

Renk

Oct 12, 2012
Sabah
For narrower tyres can speed faster in the rain than wide tyres. I did 140 on 195/50/15 PS3 in rain for hours still got grip without a slight aquaplaning sign, but not 215/45/17 PS3 which lost grip at 110-120 in rain. That's scary.

good to know about narrower tires.
so mean i cant speed faster in my other car 215/45/17 than my city ? lol sounds ironic there.

you guys run so high PSI on tires ah....it wears out the center of the tires more than the sides...although it gives better FC and less rolling resistance..but the handling is very floaty one. I'm using Dunlop direzza dz101 on my another car..I also pump about F32 R33 PSI only...because need to take into account after the air get's heat up the PSI will increase to around 35 PSI and on spirited drive will increase to 36+

just my humble 2 kupang opinion, better to run tires at the correct pressure...not too much or too less...because the best is to keep the tire contact patch as much as possible on the road and as flat as possible...too much pressure might stress the steel rib inside the tires too much, too less, the ribs can't hold the tires properly in shape...
no wor...absolutely no uneven wear or wear out at the centre

ppl say i pump so high but i also dono but i pump according to the tread wear (i often check my tires like weekly or fortnightly but actually im more likely adoring my ps3 cuz first time use high end tires lol after my previous dunlop experience of pumping around 220 or was it 32psi. when i had it changed , i surprised the outerior tread gone but the centre tread still like new pretty, so i knew it was under-inflated at 220kpa so i made it clear to pump at least 260 then on till today, perfectly even tread wear lol strange

another note, i have driven +-140 once a while, dont hv the tire floaty feeling . done 180 twice a while back too. not as floaty when i drove 180 to kkia in the first year of owning the car...lol

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
AD07 scary meh? My Myvi was using 165/60/14 AD07 and the grip was so bloody good it affected my FC in the dry. In the wet it was almost as godlike as my old PP2. But after about 5 months of driving daily the threadwear will go down like shedding skin and by 1 year if it's not already bald, you're not driving the car enough.

I hate AD07. Too damn grippy. Reduced my FC by a good 50 to 80km overall.

:biggrin:

As for tyre pressures, wah... the lowest I'll ever go is 220kpa. I'm usually on 240kpa front and 220kpa rear. Then let it slowly leak out to about 190kpa before I repump in air again. Nitrogen these days too expensive

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i never sped around corner or curvy roads in dry because dont think im up to it since never had proper training before or proper car.
but i often feel quite foolish n dangerous to drive +-110 in wet , strictly straighty though. cuz i sit in my fren city ivtec, he always confidently 100 on straight, raining.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

hhmmm,, that consider very2 high arh? lol
then myb i will try lower abit to 260/250 la (currently front/rear 270/260, ~38psi)
wat car u ride, but City is a light car around 1100kg only lol but the front tire always looks annoying flat
When tyres are new with deep grooves, aquaplaning resistance will be good and running at 100kmh you may not feel anything, but still have to be careful. Once tyres are about 50% worn you will sure to feel the aquaplaning effect.....

Usually I will recommend air pressure from 28 to 38psi. 28 being lowest and 38 being the highest, therefore you are at the highest, but that depends on the tyres used, car weight, and the aspect ration (series of the tyres). Car manufacturer usually recommend from 29 to 32psi only, but theirs are for normal tyres, and they seek a balance of comfort in their recommendation.
My recommendation is to find the right air pressure for individual use, because some wants comfort and some more on spirited drives. As mentioned, if you feel using 38psi is okay with you, of course you can maintain that pressure.

Your tyres looks flat because your are using 50 series aspect ration.
I drive a Mitsu Super Saloon, pretty heavy car and 215/45R17 tyres....

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

1 of my car is running 595RSR dry grip is superb it's a hatch..on wet roads the grip is still there but on drizzle condition if heavy downpour...i slow down to 50km/h....if hit water puddle....get ready a basket and catch your heart as it jump out from your chest....AD07, 08 no need to say....drive fast in the rain with these you better wear pampers...

AD-07 was bad in the rain, but some mentioned AD-08 has improved.

You mentioned correct pressure, so what is the correct pressure? Well, to me it varies, Car weight, tyres used, aspect ratio and so on. A heavier car will need higher air pressure. Soft sidewall tyres also needs higher air pressure. Again Ultra low profile tyres need a higher air pressure, so it all depends. 38psi will be on the higher side of the scale. I have been on F35/R33psi on most of my tyres. Latest GT Radial I have to reduce because more bumpy....

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

When mention narrow tyres then 175/65R14 or 155R13 are narrow. They can cut through water better if that is what you mean, but that means their aquaplaning Resistance is good only. However with narrower contact patch their traction (grip) will be horrible.
I run 215/45R17 for many years now and I have done easily 160kmh in very heavy rain, but I was on the ultimate rain tyres those days the GY GS-D3. Another is Dunlop SP9000 and even Toyo T-1R are pretty good for aquaplaning resistance, however again we are talking about them being new and with 100% pattern grooves. Once they start to wear, their ability weakens, and when 50% worn the effect of aquaplaning will be pretty great.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So far find that XM2 may not be as grippy as PS3 but kinda safe fuel. As stated it falls under the Mark "X" Category in Michelin range.
X range tyres are meant for good FC as stated in the advert by Michelin.

So far, after driving if were to compare with my Silverstone tyres previously, I can go longer mileage or even if compare with
Falken ZE912. Best results shown when I use both Falken ZE912 and Michelin XM2 to Genting Highlands. A lot of difference in FC.

Anyway, never did try PS3 before, previously use PS2 then ZE912, now trying out PP2 for the 1st time but just using on Kelisa :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Racun SF use 595 rsr...wakakaka..but raining time must drive 60km/h only..hehe
Okay, if he whack corners in the dry only......:rofl:

595 RS-R, some say not too bad in wet, but not heavy rain.
GY RS Sports, then cannot because the grooves very much less....
I cant, I whack corners when wet also :rofl: But no during heavy downpour...it will be
daily car, so got to use tyres that are good in both wet and dry.

Yup, tried that before after Batu Tiga toll towards KL. Heavy rain and running water, accelerate out from toll then suddenly wheel spin and car floating sideways. Lift of accelerator, then got back traction, then dare not accelerate already..... :rolleyes:
Something like the Enzo FXX lost control on straight when he accelerated? That one shud be
due to sand?

i never sped around corner or curvy roads in dry because dont think im up to it since never had proper training before or proper car.
but i often feel quite foolish n dangerous to drive +-110 in wet , strictly straighty though. cuz i sit in my fren city ivtec, he always confidently 100 on straight, raining.

hhmmm,, that consider very2 high arh? lol
then myb i will try lower abit to 260/250 la (currently front/rear 270/260, ~38psi)
wat car u ride, but City is a light car around 1100kg only lol but the front tire always looks annoying flat
I usually drives 110 - 120km/h when raining also but only on Good Condition highways la..
not those where lots of puddle of water...but on straight road that is...usually at least slow
down to 100km/h if the speed limit is 110km/h. Depending on the condition of the tyre.
Not that good I dare not drive at that speed.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Izso, i lost control twice during heavy downpour during my drive at the old road to KL. spun out...with the AD07..dry grip is top notch...

vr2, AD08 improve better than AD07 but still I don't dare to go too much on rain...phobia with AD alrady...Kakakakaka agree that each car's tires varies from the car but if you are using the same dimension as the stock..I believe you can use the pressure guide at the door as a guide to pump...if change to bigger need to experiment...

Renk, you pump according to threadwear means, the threadwear show 280 u pump 280 Kpa?

YYC, yup narrow tires can cut through faster then wider tires in rain...my friend had 1st hand experience of this in his Z running 19 inch at the back with big fat tires....lost control when hit water puddle spun out and bang....the whole rear end of the car just skid above the water puddle....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya ya, usually I just follow the recommended air pressure at the doors since using stock standard factory size tyres...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
My car is still in the workshop. That's how I took the picture, it was on a car stands. Taking longer than expected. Will update soon.

Renk

Oct 12, 2012
Sabah
Yup, if stock standard, use factory recommend air pressure.....
haha i dont want to folo factory recommended air pressure. vr2turbo u still hang out in autoworld? i knw ur nick ,often in honda city forum if not wrong. i wasnt active then but using KiLLesHik nick.

Renk, you pump according to threadwear means, the threadwear show 280 u pump 280 Kpa?
i dont bother the tires' figure haha
i see see n touch my tires 195/50/15 weekly or fortnightly to check the tread wear on my tire if it is evenly worn or not. pumping F260 R250 (around 36-38psi) seem to give a very even tread wear for me.

lastime i pump 220-230 my dunlop, when i changed tires to ps3, i surprised to see the dunlop tread outerior (the side) bald while the centre tread still so good, so i guessing that my tires were under-inflated so decided to pump AT LEAST 250 now, so far damn good lol im sticking to it haha

very strange tho. i m a light guy, dont carry much baggage in car and dont hv rear passenger 90% of the time lol

come come think of it, im not sure if because i often enter corner or roundabout without brakes --by lifting my foot already from a distant, slowing down to the ideal speed entering into corners n roundabout. the tireman once told me like that will eat the outer tread much faster. better apply brake. n speeding too cuz of heat build up. but idk la, all just guesses. doesnt matter tho.

my tire specs said max air pressure is 380kpa LOL

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
haha i dont want to folo factory recommended air pressure. vr2turbo u still hang out in autoworld? i knw ur nick ,often in honda city forum if not wrong. i wasnt active then but using KiLLesHik nick.

i dont bother the tires' figure haha
i see see n touch my tires 195/50/15 weekly or fortnightly to check the tread wear on my tire if it is evenly worn or not. pumping F260 R250 (around 36-38psi) seem to give a very even tread wear for me.

lastime i pump 220-230 my dunlop, when i changed tires to ps3, i surprised to see the dunlop tread outerior (the side) bald while the centre tread still so good, so i guessing that my tires were under-inflated so decided to pump AT LEAST 250 now, so far damn good lol im sticking to it haha

very strange tho. i m a light guy, dont carry much baggage in car and dont hv rear passenger 90% of the time lol

come come think of it, im not sure if because i often enter corner or roundabout without brakes --by lifting my foot already from a distant, slowing down to the ideal speed entering into corners n roundabout. the tireman once told me like that will eat the outer tread much faster. better apply brake. n speeding too cuz of heat build up. but idk la, all just guesses. doesnt matter tho.

my tire specs said max air pressure is 380kpa LOL
You don't have to follow factory specs because you have altered your tyre size and using UHP tyres.
Yes, I am still in AW forum and mostly in tyres, oil, maintenance, auto detailing, Car Mod, etc., but seldom in Honda or other Car Makes. Maybe you see my id all over....ha! ha!

Max air pressure at 380kpa (55psi)? are you sure? I think it is mounting the tyres air pressure but most use only up to 42psi if not mistaken. If cannot mount by then, more lube should be applied to aid the tyres to mount into the rim edges....

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
How this PS3 performance in wet condition compare to CSC5P? My 275/30/19 rear tire are due to change & currently looking at other options since this CSC5P can only last <1 year cost me a leg :banghead:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
How this PS3 performance in wet condition compare to CSC5P? My 275/30/19 rear tire are due to change & currently looking at other options since this CSC5P can only last <1 year cost me a leg :banghead:
PS3 wet performance is not bad, but CSC5P is Conti top tyre, should be same as Michelin PSS, but all also will cost and arm and leg.....

Care to try GT Radial Champiro HPY?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
PS3 wet performance is not bad, but CSC5P is Conti top tyre, should be same as Michelin PSS, but all also will cost and arm and leg.....

Care to try GT Radial Champiro HPY?
:rofl: Poison with GT Radial HPY adi bro but it means is real good! :top:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HKS or BLITZ blow-off valve ?? which one is better ?? their price ?? or you guys got other to recommend?? hehe ... have no idea bout it ... :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience