mercedes 190e

rev190

Jun 23, 2005
KL
mercedes/continental 'chop shop'.where?

anyone knows where can i get this bumper? its the cosworth 2.3 bumper. Or is there any kedai potong you can recommend for merc parts

Last edited:

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
You can either buy from Mercedes, which is darn expensive, or try those bbody kti shops like Dai Ichi and Bumi Fibre, I remember Dai Ichi showed me a list of kits they have for the 190E when I wanted to get the EVO II kit.

rev190

Jun 23, 2005
KL
nasscmw said:
You can either buy from Mercedes, which is darn expensive, or try those bbody kti shops like Dai Ichi and Bumi Fibre, I remember Dai Ichi showed me a list of kits they have for the 190E when I wanted to get the EVO II kit.
I went to Bumi already n they dont have that design.n..i was thinking of getting an original.so i was thinking of sourcing it frm those 'chop shops'.Daichi..heard n experienced alot from them b4 so..dont think wanna go thru it again :cool:

tuo850

Aug 6, 2005
Kota Bharu
www.pgs9897.com
my friend in subang jaya said there is one evo II complete half cut (ie roofchop only) selling for RM16000+, is it adviseable to get it at this price??.
Yups its manul with the getrag gearbox and 2.5 16v engine.

klh8

Aug 4, 2005
Malaysia
tuo850 said:
my friend in subang jaya said there is one evo II complete half cut (ie roofchop only) selling for RM16000+, is it adviseable to get it at this price??.
Yups its manul with the getrag gearbox and 2.5 16v engine.
Are you sure it's a genuine Evo II and not just a standard 2.5 - 16 with the Evo II kit? If it is, then buy as the engine (they were different to the standard 2.5 -16) is worth it's weight in gold.

If you aren't then approach with caution as Mercedes only built 502 and they are very rare.

A few points to help you out:

1) they were all LHD. Not sure if they were all black too, but the ones I've seen are.

2) there must be a button on the dash to control the adjustable ride height mechanism

3) it should have the 17" 6 - spoke alloys as it's hard to imagine anyone changing these. They are gorgeous.

4) the identification plates must have the numbers 201 036

5) the engine numbers must have the numbers 102 992 kat

6) the rear wing and front splitter is adjustable

Shame it's had the roof chopped. Otherwise, there'd be a blanking plate on the top part of the rear windscreen.

Hope this helps. Join mybenz.org. It's the local site for Mercedes fans.

:tee:

tuo850

Aug 6, 2005
Kota Bharu
www.pgs9897.com
Ugh ugh, thanks for the info. Although i do kno theres on;y 502 unit of Evo 2, but i surely didn't know how to pick it out from the clones. Better go back to SJ to check it out, <gold,gold..>

rev190

Jun 23, 2005
KL
tuo850 said:
Ugh ugh, thanks for the info. Although i do kno theres on;y 502 unit of Evo 2, but i surely didn't know how to pick it out from the clones. Better go back to SJ to check it out, <gold,gold..>
where about in Subang Jaya?

tuo850

Aug 6, 2005
Kota Bharu
www.pgs9897.com
its near the old airport, i dunno how to say it but if u come from the old subang airport after petronas gas station, you take the left junction. Go straight and my friend garage is there. He's the one who told me about the halfcut. inside his garage got one yet to finish clone evo 2 merc project car

rev190

Jun 23, 2005
KL
tuo850 said:
its near the old airport, i dunno how to say it but if u come from the old subang airport after petronas gas station, you take the left junction. Go straight and my friend garage is there. He's the one who told me about the halfcut. inside his garage got one yet to finish clone evo 2 merc project car
oh okie.thats cool.but im more of a Evo1 fan..evo2 is too RICE.
Anyway thanks.

klh8

Aug 4, 2005
Malaysia
Sorry but what's RICE?

If you're an Evo I fan, you should be looking for a 2.5 - 16 bumper, not a 2.3 - 16. I'm assuming you're trying to build a replica. Anyway, how's your search coming along?

rev190

Jun 23, 2005
KL
i cant seem to differentiate the diff between a 2.5 n 2.3 bumper!!! Anyway my search is not fruitfull at all. :thumpdown Anyone you know that can help?? RICE means err..dunno how to explain.hahaha.

klh8

Aug 4, 2005
Malaysia
The 2.5's bumper is deeper than a 2.3's. Viewed individually they appear the same. You'll need to have both parked side by side to appreciate the difference.

The Evolution I also has a taller rear spoiler compared to those of the 2.3 and 2.5.

Can't help with your search. Not based in Malaysia.

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
Well basically "RICE" is a term the Americans and Europeans use to call the jap cars... I beleive it means hedious body kits, stickers, loud exhaust but car does not move ... which do not relate to the car basically things done in bad taste .... I initially got offended when I heard this word use in another forum as RICE is a stapple for asians ... but anohow it relates to things done in bad taste to the car /ride.... hope this helps.