mercedes 190e

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

rev190

mercedes/continental 'chop shop'.where?

anyone knows where can i get this bumper? its the cosworth 2.3 bumper. Or is there any kedai potong you can recommend for merc parts

Last edited:
rev190 said:
anyone knows where can i get this bumper? its the cosworth 2.3 bumper.

try asking at the local mercedes forum...

go to www.mybenz.org

You can either buy from Mercedes, which is darn expensive, or try those bbody kti shops like Dai Ichi and Bumi Fibre, I remember Dai Ichi showed me a list of kits they have for the 190E when I wanted to get the EVO II kit.

nasscmw said:
You can either buy from Mercedes, which is darn expensive, or try those bbody kti shops like Dai Ichi and Bumi Fibre, I remember Dai Ichi showed me a list of kits they have for the 190E when I wanted to get the EVO II kit.

I went to Bumi already n they dont have that design.n..i was thinking of getting an original.so i was thinking of sourcing it frm those 'chop shops'.Daichi..heard n experienced alot from them b4 so..dont think wanna go thru it again :cool:

my friend in subang jaya said there is one evo II complete half cut (ie roofchop only) selling for RM16000+, is it adviseable to get it at this price??.
Yups its manul with the getrag gearbox and 2.5 16v engine.

tuo850 said:
my friend in subang jaya said there is one evo II complete half cut (ie roofchop only) selling for RM16000+, is it adviseable to get it at this price??.
Yups its manul with the getrag gearbox and 2.5 16v engine.

Are you sure it's a genuine Evo II and not just a standard 2.5 - 16 with the Evo II kit? If it is, then buy as the engine (they were different to the standard 2.5 -16) is worth it's weight in gold.

If you aren't then approach with caution as Mercedes only built 502 and they are very rare.

A few points to help you out:

1) they were all LHD. Not sure if they were all black too, but the ones I've seen are.

2) there must be a button on the dash to control the adjustable ride height mechanism

3) it should have the 17" 6 - spoke alloys as it's hard to imagine anyone changing these. They are gorgeous.

4) the identification plates must have the numbers 201 036

5) the engine numbers must have the numbers 102 992 kat

6) the rear wing and front splitter is adjustable

Shame it's had the roof chopped. Otherwise, there'd be a blanking plate on the top part of the rear windscreen.

Hope this helps. Join mybenz.org. It's the local site for Mercedes fans.

:tee:

Ugh ugh, thanks for the info. Although i do kno theres on;y 502 unit of Evo 2, but i surely didn't know how to pick it out from the clones. Better go back to SJ to check it out, <gold,gold..>

tuo850 said:
Ugh ugh, thanks for the info. Although i do kno theres on;y 502 unit of Evo 2, but i surely didn't know how to pick it out from the clones. Better go back to SJ to check it out, <gold,gold..>

where about in Subang Jaya?

its near the old airport, i dunno how to say it but if u come from the old subang airport after petronas gas station, you take the left junction. Go straight and my friend garage is there. He's the one who told me about the halfcut. inside his garage got one yet to finish clone evo 2 merc project car

tuo850 said:
its near the old airport, i dunno how to say it but if u come from the old subang airport after petronas gas station, you take the left junction. Go straight and my friend garage is there. He's the one who told me about the halfcut. inside his garage got one yet to finish clone evo 2 merc project car

oh okie.thats cool.but im more of a Evo1 fan..evo2 is too RICE.
Anyway thanks.

Sorry but what's RICE?

If you're an Evo I fan, you should be looking for a 2.5 - 16 bumper, not a 2.3 - 16. I'm assuming you're trying to build a replica. Anyway, how's your search coming along?

i cant seem to differentiate the diff between a 2.5 n 2.3 bumper!!! Anyway my search is not fruitfull at all. :thumpdown Anyone you know that can help?? RICE means err..dunno how to explain.hahaha.

The 2.5's bumper is deeper than a 2.3's. Viewed individually they appear the same. You'll need to have both parked side by side to appreciate the difference.

The Evolution I also has a taller rear spoiler compared to those of the 2.3 and 2.5.

Can't help with your search. Not based in Malaysia.

Well basically "RICE" is a term the Americans and Europeans use to call the jap cars... I beleive it means hedious body kits, stickers, loud exhaust but car does not move ... which do not relate to the car basically things done in bad taste .... I initially got offended when I heard this word use in another forum as RICE is a stapple for asians ... but anohow it relates to things done in bad taste to the car /ride.... hope this helps.

Haiya, long time no chat..regarding the roof chop evo in subang, i found outy it wasnt evo2 but 2.5 16v manual but with evo2 bodykit.
anyway i'm getting a 2.3 16v next weekend. cant wait any longer...

it is a halfcut but with only the roof being chop off, so basically it one whole car. it comes with a rear axle but i dunno the detail.

Gear Box

Hi guys,

The one new the Subang Airport? I think that the clone is for sale cause a friend of mine knows the owner and he claims that he wants to sell it off. I had a close look at it but the quality is quite bad. Paint job and all and some of the fibre weren't even straight.

On the gear box issue, wondering if anyone know where I can get the getrag gear box? the whole set? Because mine is an auto. Actually it used to be a 2.0 but I converted it to 2.5-16v. Only the engine tho so working on the looks at the moment. If anyone wants my auto gear box they're welcome to a trade. Anything's fine with me. My car is a LHD by the way, that means 204hp!!! Awesome!! Too bad it's auto...

My car used to be a 2.0 now it's a 2.5-16v. It's also a LHD. I was wondering whether anyone knows where I could get a whole set of the getrag, meaning gear box and other transmission stuff which goes with it because right now it's an auto. I wouldn't mind trading in my auto transmission too if someone wants to get rid of their getrag. I have already asked many halfcut shops but so far no lucky. that's all am asking.

And also maybe the 2.3/2.5 side skirts as well? I have already done the front and back bumpers. Made them look wide and bigger but haven't found the right sideskirts yet, which I think are the original looking 2.3/2.5 Cosworth side skirts.

Is this clearer?

Hey man,

JPJ? Nope no problem at all.

Front and rear? I couldn't find a body kit and the EVO II body kit would cost around 5 to 6k. Not original of course. I wanted the EVO I actually since there are a few EVO II clones already. I have seen a few of the EVO II clones and the front fender looks very bad. There is alot of space between the front tires and the fender. The body kit I have now is custom made. It is "rojak" but looks quite nice. The whole car is not finished yet because I still need rims and the side skirt looks ugly. Later on I think am just going to get the fake EVO II side skirts from Bumi Fibre.

Yeah no one would let go of their getrag, but who knows maybe someone would.

Is it worth it? Oh yeah!!! The original engine actually blew up that is why I changed the engine. Even tho the car is not 100% done yet but when I drive it it's really fast and smooth. It cost around almost 6k as there was some other parts I had to pay for as well.

Which mechanic? Whoever I sent it to did a horrible job so I wouldn't recommend him. And also don't go to Stuttgart, they are one rip off place!

Know anyone selling second hand 17inch rims? Let me know...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom