Megasquirt

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
yo cipan,

from the other microtech thread, u've also mentioned on maf-translator and pro models, i've previously emailed to all fullthrottlespeed.com's distributor which sells MAF products, and all of them replied me with a vote of no confidence to get it worked on GSR (which is plain stupid i mean Evo's n
GSRs are running karman too!!) also emailed broschur racing from US, and the real pros there replied me with the same answer too, disappointed..... however some of them recommended me the PRO models which is universal (i know it's universal but the price also doubled than the normal specific MAFT) which both of these are still piggyback like microtech mt4 models....

there are some piggies that could deal with what i want: hks vpc, MAP ECU, and others...

ok back to main topic, if getting an MS, i'll definitely go for V3 board, how much you sell? i'm ok if i get the complete components and solder it myself, but afterwards i'll need to take the whole thing down to see you, also please PM me your charges and whether it includes dyno tuning....

pls also tell me what are the limitations for this MS? n u mentioned that for the air cond idling, i know it won't be as good as stock, but i just want a stable idling not lower than 800 rpm and not higher than 1k rpm should be fine, i assume it should have the option of us inputting the idling setting too?? basically i need to compare the pros n cons with other competitors normally used in msia like microtech, haltech, pfc, hks fcon (other managements like aem ems is ok not to mention as i dun thing anyone is using one here).........

on the other hand, i'm now also researching on APEXI power fc too whether the default map is available for my gsr....

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
When you said GSR and 4G93, they just get confused between the 4G63 they have and understand. To be safe, they'd rather said that MAF-t is not going to work with your setup. What will happen if you can't make it work with your car while they have said it will? They can't give any advise either because they don't understand 4G93T.

If you want to go for MS, opt for MS-I. either v2.2 or v3 is no different. Only the injector control hardware is different. No problem if you use a high impedance injector or low impedance with resistor pack. However v3 have a better injector protection circuit. The choice is yours. MS-II is not yet running at it's full steam and is not suitable for GSR-t which is running wasted spark. It's still under development in alpha stage but MS-I is ready for all cases and it's proven to work fine.

When ordering MS, you need extra IGBT component to run the extra coil channel. Other than that, you can choose either to use the std. map sensor or 4 bar map sensor with barometric correction. You also have to choose either you want to use the stock coolant temp sensor or their GM cts. You also need the open pod air temp sensor for turbo application plus the bung to be weld on to your intercooler piping.

summary of parts needed for GSR-Turbo.
1 MS-I kit with case.
1 pc VB21 igbt.
1 pc coolant temp sensor.
1 pc intake air temp sensor with bung.
1 pc 4 bar map sensor. (2.5 bar map sensor is included with the order you don't have to order the 4 bar map sensor if 1.5 bar pressure is more than enough to run your engine).

You also need some extra components that you can buy cheaply here in Jalan Pasar for some mods in the assembly. (Some tricks of the trade to make it work for your GSR-T) and also some extra enhancements such as shiftlight, tachometer, launch control, full throttle shift etc., if you want to activate it.

A/C control is optional and you can find those components locally. Worry about that later. Most of the time you don't need it because it can be compensate with proper mappings for idle.

Limitations:
What do you expect from a stand alone? Usually no limit but you can program it to have the limitations such as rpm limiter, boost limiter etc. You can even control NOS with MS if you want. You can also fit that ricey MIVEC head and use MS to take the command of everything. what more can a standalone ecu do?

p/s=a demo vid for viewing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8NqFl0qzBM

Last edited:

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
cipan,

great info dude, must go down to c u some time when i'm available (i'm in penang) but dun b surprised when u c my car everything is super damn sleeper look....

anyway, i have problems viewing the youtube video, can't watch them longer than 10 seconds....

at first i mentioned unreliable MS is due to it's still in developing stage and we've got no one here in msia (that i know) to troubleshoot if there's anything wrong, if i were to get a readily made microtech haltech fpc hksfcon, i would not pay a cent if i can't get it right provided i purchase install n tuned from the same workshop....

i'll be checking on which version of MS-I is good for my liking on the MS site, in the meantime could you pls tell me how much would royal msian customs charge for additional tax?? i heard u mentioned somewhat around 40%?? that expensive? what if i ask them to mark the item as free gifts or faulty parts return for warranty??

i guess ur the PIONEER of MS in msia here, how long u took to tune this up for yourself properly??

cheers dude

happy motoring

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
hei cipan....
is that car is one of your project????
superbly done....

u got pm bro...:)

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
cipan,

i've checked the differences between the two MS-I and MS-II, seems like ms-ii is much better in everything, but could u pls confirm whether the wasted spark system is the only system supported by MS-II??? so which means my gsr is running on multi coil right???

i read bout the router board, when will this be available?? i'm sure if this is out it could be used for any ignition sensors....

could pls guide me to MS-II setup if this is possible?

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
MS are under constant dev. It can be better from day to day. When MS started 5 years ago, it can only control fuel but not spark. Now it can controls both. It's a fully standalone.
MS-I are in the market much longer than MS-II, therefore it have developed further. MS-II are just in the phase of evolving to wasted spark etc, and it's not stable yet. Don't be fooled by the fact that MS-II have better processor and bigger memory. If you can run MS-I with equal performance, why should you be worry about that? You fancy newer item? lol. MS-II still have hiccups unless you are running distributor config. There are a lot of features that you are not going to use either, so don't worry about that.
Anyway, when MS-II is stable, you can upgrade the processor at any time with a little sum of extra money if you feel you need that. At the moment go for MS-I and it's cheaper too. I used that with no problem either.
Router board:
You don't need that to run your GSR and they don't even know when the item will be ready. maybe tomorrow, maybe 5 years more.....

The royal customs charge 43% of tax and that total the price of bought items and the courier fee. That's why I am afraid to order it for you because the tax is really expensive. Maybe you have some way to dodge with that... I don't know. For me, I just pay it. It belongs to the govt and I hate corruption.

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Bro cipan,can u explain more on the 'unstable' part of MS.What will it cause to daily operation of the engine,and the problems that will occur because of its unstableness,thanks

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
look here for example:
http://www.msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=22435
and here are what still undergone with MS-II:
http://www.msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=22446

those guys are the software programmers/coders for MS.

Hardware wise, there are no issue with it and as I said, if you are running distributor, it's ok. But if you want to use different configuration, then MS-II is not 'ready' yet. It may take more time and there are no guarantee that any problem arise from it will be adress at present. Remind you that it's still at alpha stage. If you are brave enough to face any circumstances arises from any software unstablities, then you are into it but to me that will be fixing MS for someone else, my answer is no. I expect a good hassle free results. So are the users. However, if it were to be a spare car that we can play around and you are able to work around it yourself, then go for it. It's fun to have problems and overcome it. But it's not funny when the unit that I fix for a person living 250km away giving me a call in the middle of the night asking me to help them fix a little hiccup introduced by unstable software. Let it be solid....

Just put ourself as a common users. We only use what's given but if you are able to write codes yourself, then I'll be very please if you can help the community speed up the development and adress those problems.

The choice is actually yours, but if you select an unsuitable product, than you have to face the trouble of how to overcome it. To my opinion, select a product that is known to be good and functional.

Last edited:

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
Very interesting topic. Initially I plan to run MS on my 4AGE 16V powered car too but finnaly end up with Freedom due to not that much hassle on the wiring and it come as complete unit.
If I not manage to sell off my the other car at desire price, may be will decide to give a try to MS on my the other car. I have been reading MS forums for quite sometime and find this topic is very interesting due to the forumers are M'sian and can get better help if stuck with the project half way.
Keep it rolling..... ..... .... .... ...

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
MS is diy, while others are commercial product. If you're fond of doing yourself to venture into something new and build some knowledge from it, MS is the answer.
It's not only the tuning that you have to take into consideration when using MS unlike the commercial units but you are learning some fundemental electronics, understand how efi works, how the software works etc. so to make your MS a fun to learn base. The only problem that's usually bother most are the impatient feelings. Many tries to complete their project in no time and easily get frustrated even with a slightest glitch.
Whatever it is, if anyone of you ordered MS and have a shivvering hands to assemble those, then I can do it for you. I have all the necessary equipments and tools to assemble and fix your problems. Welcome.

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
cipan_supercas,
Oh man, finally, someone in Malaysia have order the MS and working on it.
No bad at all.

What car and engine are you driving ? ( sorry to ask,he..he..he)
Do you need to install crank wheel ? ( say 36-1 tooth )
Are you a prgrammer ? ( at least, i know you have electronic back ground, right )
Can i can down and visit you on some day ?

Good Luck.

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
ecupro said:
cipan_supercas,
Oh man, finally, someone in Malaysia have order the MS and working on it.
No bad at all.

What car and engine are you driving ? ( sorry to ask,he..he..he)
Do you need to install crank wheel ? ( say 36-1 tooth )
Are you a prgrammer ? ( at least, i know you have electronic back ground, right )
Can i can down and visit you on some day ?

Good Luck.
Hey man, nice to chime in.

1. I'm driving 4G61T in Saga.
2. No need to install crank wheel.
3. Not really in software but hardware.
4. You're welcome, and for your info, I've already saw you a few years back in Ipoh to deal as your dealer for your humble ecu, but.... (let's talk behind the curtain or we can yumcha and talk about that face to face when you have the time to come over to KL again)....

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
cipan_supercas,
Are you using MS Extra ?
Emmm...., 4G61T ( just like mine but in white Wira ), are you using twin coils ( or twin ignitor ) ?

Are you using the "daughter" board ?

yumcha, no problem in old town "Kopithem" ( Ipoh ).

Please sms to me as least i have your phone number, right!

Sorry to ask so many question!

Good Luck.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

DRB-Hicom has temporarily suspended Swiss national, Dany Bahar, from his role as Lotus CEO and has confiscated Mr Bahar's laptop and mobile as part of its inquiry.

The company announced last week that Mr Bahar had been "temporarily suspended from his role, to facilitate an investigation into a complaint about his conduct." Although there were no specifics as to the cause of the inquiry...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience