Maximum RPM for JB-DET ~

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Which is the maximum RPM that the JB-DET can go....as the redline on my L9 tacho show 8.5K redline ~ somehow i feel this is very high isn't it ~ hmm =S

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Which is the maximum RPM that the JB-DET can go....as the redline on my L9 tacho show 8.5K redline ~ somehow i feel this is very high isn't it ~ hmm =S
JB series is quite the high revver... for JB-JL, it s on 8.5k oso... AFAIK, JB series are the same as Toyota 4A-GE in a sense they are co-develop by Yamaha.....

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
JB series is quite the high revver... for JB-JL, it s on 8.5k oso... AFAIK, JB series are the same as Toyota 4A-GE in a sense they are co-develop by Yamaha.....
Ooh i see....if it was develop by Yamaha then i should not worry about it's performance ~

Sometimes feel like driving a VTEC or any high revving motor....on 1st gear 7K rpm is very easily to be achieve ~ =D

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Sometime I oso worried.. imagine... a high revving turbo engine but came with RON95 as recommended octane.....

Once assured by my fren who work in Japan before, then I have no worries...

p/s: He owned Daihatsu Naked and Evo 6 there... until now he regretted in bringing the evo and not the naked... he says evo a dime a dozen here, but not daihatsu naked.... for sure can fetch higher price from kenari owners since daihatsu naked is the same chassis as Move L9 :banghead:
Ooh i see....if it was develop by Yamaha then i should not worry about it's performance ~

Sometimes feel like driving a VTEC or any high revving motor....on 1st gear 7K rpm is very easily to be achieve ~ =D

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sometime I oso worried.. imagine... a high revving turbo engine but came with RON95 as recommended octane.....

Once assured by my fren who work in Japan before, then I have no worries...

p/s: He owned Daihatsu Naked and Evo 6 there... until now he regretted in bringing the evo and not the naked... he says evo a dime a dozen here, but not daihatsu naked.... for sure can fetch higher price from kenari owners since daihatsu naked is the same chassis as Move L9 :banghead:
Haha yea...but now i fill it with 95 and 97 Mixture....coz at high rpm sometimes it knock because not enough fueling.....and no money to give it full 97 ~ hehe =P

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
yep... its related to your fuel pump thread hehe

me think you just get
  1. get the bigger fuel pump + good adj fuel regulator
  2. piggyback that can tune both afr and ignition..
me think you can get good hp hike, engine response and still use RON95 hehe

Haha yea...but now i fill it with 95 and 97 Mixture....coz at high rpm sometimes it knock because not enough fueling.....and no money to give it full 97 ~ hehe =P

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
more than enough.... want more than it, better get standalone hehe

Yea i think so ~

will install a piggyback to retune it ~

Unichip enough or not ar?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

That's right - its official folks, Ken Block Gymkhana 5 has been unleashed for the masses to enjoy watching Block's 650bhp Ford Fiesta smoke tyres and catch some air - and it doesn't seem to be a better place to do it other than in San Francisco's hilly terrain with a special appearance of one Travis Pastrana to help him make things a little more interesting on his 2-wheel stead...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience