Gear 3 (auto) Override Maximum

Jun 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i owned saga blm 1.3 iafm, 2009.
Normally, if i full press the throttle, the third gear maximally go up to 120km/h then automatically change to 4th gear.
On highway, i love to drive fast and change gear manually from 4 to 3, even at 140kmh. i've tried many many times drive at 160-170km/h with 3rd gear, usually after kena cucuk, impressingly this car easily get rid of them.
In case of crazy situation (and road is safe) i pull the 3rd gear until RPM cut-off. then change to gear 4.

ive been doing this many times, for 2 years, until now got no problem with IAFM, engine or gear box, maintained FC. i do follow the service schedule (using castrol magnatec) and always tell them im always tekan minyak kuat, so they will do proper inspection.
so far i only got brake pad problem (after 2 years, got high pitch sound when brake) and plan to change them next month.

some people say, if you treat ur car manja manja, then comes into tough situation, it cannot tahan and got problem. is it? i dont know.

So, i would like to know any one of you guys tried this before and hv any problem?
ur comment really appreciated. :wavey:

Last edited:

ahlong

Known Member
Aug 18, 2008
Gombak - KL
helo sir,

im driving a campro also (gen2 body) with AT..
my driving style with my auto, i shift all gear manually from L to D..
all gear shift at 6.8k rpm while crazy mode.. in normal mode, change at 5.8k rpm..

have no problem for now.. only my paneldrive broken once last April.. lucky not break while driving.. my gearbox just make a noise when idle revving.. and go check with my pomen, the paneldrive (the 5screw pegang the paneldrive) crack..

my suggestion, with ur driving style, u shud put a ATF cooler to protect ur gearbox..

naemibr

Jun 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
oo ok, thanks bro for the advice.
yeaa, its true, i put my phone in the centre panel, just below the handbrake.. after the long journey, the phone become so hot. haha..

again, thanks!.

ahlong

Known Member
Aug 18, 2008
Gombak - KL
no problem sir.. sharing is caring..

just use dexron III atf fluid and makesure genuine one..
my car using marsoil atf fluid with works atf cooler..

and ya, make sure to change atf fluid every 20k (km).. but some ppl say 10k (km).. i just change it every 20k (km)..

flushing needed when u notice while changing the fluid, u see habuk² besi..

Ede61

Known Member
Sep 4, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
is it true when they say that auto lose power if put in open pod air filter? drop in better if auto?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
is it true when they say that auto lose power if put in open pod air filter? drop in better if auto?
it wasn't really power loss..

but when u improve intake and exhaust flow, it always moved the power band shifted onto higher rpm range leaving some loophole on lower rpm range...(torque and HP).... BUT u'll see power gain when the car put on a dyno machine...

-since most auto trans have wide and tall gear ratio,plus the character is to shift early in lower rpm range (below 3k rpm) thus u falls into power loop (since the power have been shifted onto higher rpm range (4k rpm and above)...this require your to rev the engine a bit higher to feel the power and move the car with higher rpm..hence you'd felt the power loss (which is actually not really power loss)

anyway..with proper tuning (ignition advance and injector mapping) minor upgrade would help improve drive ability and torque on lower rpm... :adore:

def_lok

Jul 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
same here..mostly from 2 to D. the best is on 3rd in smart tunnel or long stretch corner or behind any
(slow)car on a highway. damn aggressive!! imagine 140 on +-5K rpm :listen:
anyways atf cooler is a must. now doing research for shift kits for my neo.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
my persona i doing high rpm everytime on highway cos rushing to work using duke highway and kesas....totally agreed, my iafm 1.6 auto anytime either throttle hard or pull to 3rd gear..it will go very fast..up to 160km/h and then when it kicks to 4th gear i touched 195km/h
penang to kl nonstop middle of nite doing 180km/h, no prob even without oil cooler...great gearbox..!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this car was park at kota dmnsara area
no tyre & rim,they just put batu bata
gsr engine
no interior
matt black colour

if your car/your fren missing this car call me 013 272 5534
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience