Marco Simoncelli Dead After Sepang MotoGP Crash

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
It's a sad news for the motorsport world when Italian MotoGP rider, Marco Simoncelli, has passed away after a crash at the Malaysian Sepang GP this evening.

RIP..

Simoncelli was aged 24.

The crash was the first to claim life in SIC and I'm a bit shock myself. For more details:

motogp.com · Marco Simoncelli succumbs to injuries at Sepang

Attachments

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
poor guy RIP!

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
gosh i juz can't blieve this thing happens to him....so sad coz he has a bright future at his age...as a fan of motogp and motorsports...RIP and condolence to his family.....

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
My deepest condolence to Marco Simoncelli and his family

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
I was shocked to hear the news from TV yesterday whereby Simoncelli met with fatality crash in SIC. AFAIK, this is the 1st ever crash that claimed a life in our SIC after all these years. My deepest condolences to Marco Simoncelli's family, friends & team.

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
reactions from some section from the crowd was just plain rude...embarrassing for Malaysia in the eyes of the world...

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
front end lost traction at a corner,he lose his balance off the bike,then it was like, the front tire grip back on the surface and just cut across both Colin Edwards and Rossi. Bike was just sliding onto Colin & Rossi's path. If im not mistaken, it was at turn 10,a average / fast speed corner?? ..I think it was Colin front tire that crash him at the back of Simon head / neck which caused the helmet to come off...Rossi also crash over him.. But from the replays, i cud tell that the outcome is bad....
Colin ended up with a dislocated shoulder...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
reactions from some section from the crowd was just plain rude...embarrassing for Malaysia in the eyes of the world...
Yup, heard that a group still wanted the race to continue......:banghead:

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

What caused his bike to enter other's race line?
They are trained to slide so less injury, but this time was hit by another bike. Seems his neck even have tyre mark.....

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
I think in the future, someone should invent neck protective gear, (half circle from back to side).. since its one of the most prone to injuries and most of the time unprotected...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Like the ones in F1 Cars, but then they cannot turn around to see the rears, which bikers does.....

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
imo, usually when bikers lose balance in a corner especially, they just let go their bikes n let their bodies slide off the track onto the "sand." but in his case, he just cudnt let his bike go n instead slide to the middle of the track at a corner, which nobody in this world, not even rossi, cud avoid it.. i guess it was just his bad luck.. it was sad..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sports cars like the BMW M3 or the Porsche 911 had been designed with speed and performance in mind, so their entire structure had the characteristics of a fast-going machine; a powerful engine, stiffened suspension and a low center of gravity. So it is not a surprise to see their kind blasting around the Nordschleife at great speeds without a hitch.

But what if one were to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience