Manchester united football club

keithkeat

3,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2005
kapateS
emmm...within 10 days got 2 away & 1 home game......crucial game for the half way champion.....

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Oooopppsss.... Jus got de newz tht SAF is currently in Holland watching n scouting on de progress of Klaas-Jan Huntelaar from Ajax!!! :_: De 23 yr-old Striker is 1 fo de hottest properties in Holland... Not sure SAF wil wanna to sign him in Jan or next season... Myself hvnt got much chances to see him play b4... Not sure abt how he can further strengthen MU option up front...

By looking at de info, v can know tht SAF again wanna to build up a strong team for de next few yrs by keep bringing in promising young talents!!! I heard tht Huntelaar is able to play in few position up front including on de flanks... This wil help de team very much in term of flexibility such as what Larsson can bring to de team...

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Stormvolution 9 said:
Hehehe... Me jus luv to analyse ManUtd games n all thier players... Very happy tht ManUtd finally manage to stage a real challenge to Chelshit this season... Chelshit stil de team to beat... They got de $$$ to buy all tops players... Been very strong for de last 2 seasons... But our SAF finally manage to build a team tht r equally strong n exciting... Hv high hopes for MU this season!!! :_:
money can't buy success and heritage.
i remember someone said about the wine business.
"its simple but the first 100 years is difficult" :_:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, agreed tht it takes time to build a strong/successful team... But with Mr. Abramovich $$$, it really fasten de process n making thing easier for de Chelshit team...

Now tht Loseverpool is on de verge of being bought over by de world 5th richest man, and again v r able to see them make a come back to challenge for tittles... Definately not this season n next season.... Mayb in 2008-09 season onwards... Would luv to see how ManUtd stand up to all tht!!!

:_:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Forget about the takeovers, it is inevitable. Let's just hope the quality of football is what hits the headlines more often.

Anyway, it is good to hear that SAF is out looking at the some of the world's promising talents. But I do hope he knows we need midfielders more than we need forwards. Huntelaar? Is he like a Ruud or is he more a Bergkamp?

keong_GSR

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
like dirk kuyt of liverpool...

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
but i still prefer torres to huntelaar
i watched him during the recent youth championship...

not as good as Torres...nevertheless still a good prospect
Someone like Darren Bent oso if u ask me...
And since both him and Torres are of the same age...so i would prefer Torres
but of course Torres woud be the more expensive one...

Btw...i really feel for Alan Pardew...his team was doing so well last season.
And now he's sack...kesian the fella

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I'd very much like Bent. He'll suit playing with Rooney to a tee. Not so sure about Torres. Bent can be a great target man with his athleticism and lead the line well as he does at Charlton. But he also has great pace and technical ability which means he can run at goal and go past defenders. Sounds a bit like our own Saha dunnit? :biggrin:

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
yah agree that bent is pretty much the same like saha.
but not so sure bout his finishing though...what's his strike rate like?
but nvm la...even if you put indra putra mahayuddin into mu oso he's capable of getting you goals la...any striker can score in Man U due to the supplies provided.

and torres is somewhat similar to the type like goal king cole...hehe

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Of the times I've seen Bent, he shows quick feet, a good first touch and composure in front of goal. He sure appears to be a better finisher than Saha. But it remains to be seen if he has the sort of intelligence in running the channels like Saha does.

Torres like Cole? I'm not so sure about that.

Torres is a chip of the conti/spanish striker block. Highly technical and does well with ball to feet. See Raul, Tristan and Morientes.

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
torres is more ruthless in front of goal than Raul.
And he can shoot better than Morientes, who is better known for what he can do in the air.
I have to agree with Tristan...jus that i think Torres has the potential to emulate him as a player.
with regards to the comparison with cole...they have quite a similarity in terms of their ability in front of goal, be it finishing or in the air...but of course Torres's technical aspect is better.
Still, i havent watch Torres that much...apart from the world cup and at times...the la liga highlights.
Haven't watch a full match involving Madrid.hence it would be unfair fr me to compare him to other players.But at the moment that is my impression of him.

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
mu need another 1 or 2 striker to be at bench just in case if rooney or saha is out.i think defoe is a good choice for years to come and i love to see torres trashing assernal n chelshit

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Defoe? I'd much rather have Bent, who can offer more than just speed and quick feet.

If we want to get someone from Totenham, it has to be Aaron Lennon. If this boy stays injury free, he's going to be electric.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Oh yeah... Tht Lennon really impressive in making those wizzard runs at defence... Rumours saying tht Chelshit might make a move for him by swapping Wright-Phillip to de opposite direction... Diu... Semua dia pun mahu... Then keep all de good players on de bench watching other plays... :angry_smile:

As for de midfielder(s) tht currently ManUtd might needed, now tht SAF jus keep quiet without naming names... Am sure there wil b suprised names pop up again once January transfer window re-open... As for O. Hangreaves, it might b next season since he is stil recovering from his broken leg (n MU might not need him then if de Jan purchase proved to b a very good 1)... Mmm... Lets jus wait n see...

Hey, did u guyz realise tht how de players celebrate whenever they scored a goal??? :_: Hahaha... 'Half squading by holding a Baa-Zoo-Ka on de shoulder' celebration... LoLzzzzzzzzzzzz... Anyone know what's tht for??? Any meaning??? Seen Vidic did it... Ferdinand did it... O'Shea did it... Ronnie did it too last Sat... Haha... Funny...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Here it is, taken off RedCafe.

RedCafe said:
War game of two halves

By GUY PATRICK
December 06, 2006

MANCHESTER United stars pretend to fire ROCKET LAUNCHERS in their wacky new goal celebration — inspired by a computer game they play against rival Chelsea aces.

The players shoulder their “weapons” as if in a Sony PlayStation scene.

They drop to one knee and raise open hands in line with their shoulders — just like characters in the game SOCOM US Navy Seals.

Stars of both teams compete regularly against each other by playing the game online.

A club source said last night: “They are deadly rivals at everything and computer games are no different.

“It’s combat on and off the pitch.”

The on-pitch ritual — which has baffled fans up and down the country — was first seen at Old Trafford last week, when United beat Everton 3-0.

John O’Shea scored the third goal, ran over to fans, dropped to one knee and raised his hands to the rocket-firing position.

Last Saturday Rio Ferdinand ran over to United supporters at Middlesbrough’s Riverside Stadium and repeated the routine with Darren Fletcher, scorer of the winner in their 2-1 victory.

Chelsea’s John Terry and Frank Lampard were among the first to take up the computer game challenge with Rio and Wayne Rooney at an England international get-together.

In the online version of the game players take over the role of a US Navy Seal — one of the most elite positions in the US military.

The aim is to lead a team of Seals and prevent the US being attacked.

A Sony spokesman said: “John Terry’s agent has been on the phone begging for the new version of the game due out early next year.

“We sorted some of the Chelsea lads out with an earlier model — and also some of the England players.”
Personally, I think it looks spastic and I hope they stop doing it. Best goal celebration has to go to King Eric.

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey,

Two days ago, brought my car to the workshop I regularly visit for servicing. Notice that the engine oil is getting lesser, as what the mech told me.

Surprisingly, i don't see white smoke, except in the morning (Normal case).

I was told to change the piston or piston rings and do a overhaul.

I'm seeking the cost for the above, piston and overhaul. Let me know.

Thanks. :cool:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience