Manchester united football club

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
i have to say i am very very proud of our team.
The response,character and commitment....we simply could not ask for more.
and at times, the type of football that we produced was simply breathtaking.
we simply play benfica off the park - and there need no reminding that benfica are no pushovers themselves.

When the Nelson guy scored the goal...i was stunned! speechless! baffled!
It was a superb goal and no keeper in the world would save it.
Yet, on seeing how our team respnded and how Benfica decided to sit back, i can feel that an equaliser was imminent.
That said, all were not plain sailing.We could be dead and buried had it not because of Carrick for his fantastic saving tackle on nuno gomes when he went past Vidic.
Speaking of Vidic, the timing of his equaliser could not have been better.Right before half time - such a psycologial blow to the Benfica players.
And seeing another towering performance from him, i sense that one day his influence at the back could eventually overshadow that of Ferdinand.

Moving forward to the last 16, not only could we meet the types of Real and Barca...there are oso the likes of Roma,Inter. The more ightweights would be the type like Galatasaray and Psv.And these are no pushovers themselves.They could very much pull off a surprise or two.
i noticed that every year in the CL, there would be a surprise team or two which can make it all the way to the semi stage.
Personally, i wouldn't mind our team meeting one of the 'giants' as i would relish the chance for our team to gauge ourselves against the top team in europe.
It's been quite some time since we last had a big opponent.

And with the Manchester derby coming up, let's jus hope that the players stay focus and stretch it to 9 points.
but....for the ast few years, we never had a good derby game.
So fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, with this 3-1 came from behind win prove tht this ManUtd team r on de verge of winning something this season... De last 60mins of de game, MU performed really well to come back from a difficult situation... Benfica were good for de 1st 30mins of de game... As usual, they played a neat passing game utilises de flank well with their wide players...

But MU really responded well to tht with Vida scoring a superb header right b4 de interval!!! Yep, i do agree tht de game turning point was Carrick tackler on Nuno Gomes to prevent de team from going 0-2 down... If tht goal hv gone in... Sigh!!! As in de 2nd half, its all MU... Was so damn happy when i saw Giggy headed in Ronnie cross from right to make it 2-1... Yeeeeeeeeesssssssssss.... I shouted!!! LoLzzzzzzzz.... In de wee hr in de morning... :_: My wife thought i sudah GILA le... hahaha... Saha wrapped up de game with another goal under his belt... Cooooollllll!!!!

In de last 16, there wil never b any easy games... Its seems tht this yrs last 16 teams r all strong teams... Mmm... Glad to see all 4 English teams top their respective group too... De draw for de last 16 wil b on next Friday if not mistaken... Looking forwards to tht... MU wil b playing de 2nd game of this knock out stage at hom... This is an advantage to de group leader... :_:

So lets bring on de Man Shitty on Sat... Its time for a revenge!!! Yeah, for de past few season, MU hvnt enjoying much in de Derby games... But with de team playing so well currently, MU stand a very good chance to win it this time!!! Whats more important is de 3 points as we wanna to hv tht 9 points lead at de top n put some pressure on de Chelshit team, so even a 1-0 win to me is good enough!!!

I believe there might b some changes to de team from SAF this wkend... For de past few games, SAF started to rotate de team in order to keep all players fresh... Currently de main concern to me r Ferdinand, Giggsy, Neville n Rooney... They might need a short break as they hv been playing many games consecutively... Jus my thought...

keong_GSR

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
with our current form,we can beat anyone... hope we dun get barca or d madrid,porto should be enough!hehehe...

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
porto? hmm... i tot we did had some hard time wit porto as well?

i wonder wat are the odds of having an all english final.. whoa whoa...

keong_GSR

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
if like tat sure dream come true!hhehehehe....

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
oo thanks for the report guys , no time to watch the live game , and the tele always get hogged during sportcenter is aired .

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
well we are not unbeatable..
if anything, both the fullbacks are still our main weakness on the field.
what i dislike about them is that they keep backing off whenever an opposition is challenging them.
previously it was very apparent on Neville.but yesterday it was Evra.
Yet we have to admit that Simao was really good and had a good game.
If players keep backing off, it won't do the team any good.

Our defining moment would be this saturday.
If we can stretch it to nine../chelsea would be under huge amount of pressure to perform against the gooners.
However if we fail to extend it, it is not fatal, but then again, we would dealt a huge psychological blow on ourselves.

Btw, did u guys watch the tv3 channel or astro?
Knn i wanted to watch the tv3...but their commentary sux to the max!
So i resist the temptation and insist on watching astro due to martin tyler and andy gray....haha...
Due to the 1 and half minute delay....means i am celebrating every goal one and half minute late...:_:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Its revenge time in the knockout stages. I fucking hope we get Porto, Madrid and Milan. Don't give a shit what order they come in.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha... For me, I wanna Roma!!! :_: Wanna Rooney n Ronnie to show Totti what a real 'Prince Of Old Trafford' is like!!! Errr... AC Milan oso not bad... As their pride r really hurt this yr... Been beaten by everyone... Not as fearsome as they used to b... Too sad!!!

Mmm... Yeah, Simao had a good game... As Evra keep backing cos he knew tht once he commit a tackle on Simao, he got to make sure its 100% he can get de ball... If not, once Simao dribble n pass him its gonna b bigger trouble to de team... Or sometimes de full backs r waiting for their midfielders to drop back into position to cover up de team more... I think b4 de game, SAF oredi hv a game plan on how to stop Simao... Simao style of playing r similar to our Ronnie, jus tht Ronnie r faster, more skillful n more confident on his game!!! :_: Jus my thought!!!

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
but bayern and milan are both group winners
so we wont meet them till at least quarter final

i have a funny feeling that we will meet either the spanish or the italians....1 of the four big teams...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey sifu-sifus, is heel and toe needed for FF layout cars? As far as I know, the reason for heel toe is to prevent the breaking out of the rear during downshifting when entering a corner right? Besides that the other only benefit is maintaining rev? So is this technique really needed in like ff layout cars?

Paiseh ahh I really don't know :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience