Malaysian Skyline Club?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
A club whether formal or not can only succeed if we get people to come together and the only way to do that is by having activities; both regular and one-off activities which can be Skyline or non-Skyline related.

Let's try list down some of the potential activities that could be organized:

Regular Activities

1) TT session (e.g: second Friday each month)
2) Mini cruise (e.g: GTJ drive and breakfast every few weeks)
3) Major cruise (e.g: longer drive to places like PD, stop for makan and take some pictures)
4) Track days (at least once a year if that's possible?)
5) Gatherings (maybe 2-3 times a year, if possible to touch base with others in Penang or JB)

Special Events

1) Overnight outings (e.g: maybe once a year, spend the night/weekend, family included)
2) Car shows or exhibitions (club entry - perhaps 5-7 cars to represent club)
3) Fund raising for charity (helps raise club profile, good publicity)

Please add your own ideas. The sky truly is the limit (pun intended).

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
[PIMPIN];1063403555 said:
A club whether formal or not can only succeed if we get people to come together and the only way to do that is by having activities; both regular and one-off activities which can be Skyline or non-Skyline related.

Regular Activities

3) Major cruise (e.g: longer drive to places like PD, stop for makan and take some pictures)
5) Gatherings (maybe 2-3 times a year, if possible to touch base with others in Penang or JB)

Special Events

1) Overnight outings (e.g: maybe once a year, spend the night/weekend, family included)

Some ideas:
1. A database of skyline parts available or seen locally - traders can also list for a small fee (to maintain the database)
2. Official networking with overseas clubs eg. Skylinesaustralia, gtr.co.uk etc...they already have merchandising.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
[PIMPIN];1063403555 said:

Regular Activities

Special Events

I agree. There'll be a cruise up GTJ this coming 30th, but I suppose we should have at least another route to play with.

What say you Head of Rempit & Touge Department, Loki? Perhaps an exploratory run to Bukit Tinggi, Fraser's Hill or some other routes after CNY..

And during the last TT that I had attended, Emperor Blood Red and the Emperor's Hand Dr.D mentioned about having a car boot sale.. Very interesting idea and I suppose that could be done.

Seriously, I think renting a carpark sumwhere (eg a stretch of parking lots in Sunway or parking lots at the Skyline HQ in Putra Heights) and rent out lots to sellers and vendors while also selling our merchandise would be very doable. Perhaps donating the profit to charity would also be good (tie up with MAKNA or some other charity bodies)..

What say u guys?

Some ideas:
1. A database of skyline parts available or seen locally - traders can also list for a small fee (to maintain the database)
2. Official networking with overseas clubs eg. Skylinesaustralia, gtr.co.uk etc...they already have merchandising.
I have an unlimited hosting account.. therefore if there are any plans to setup a website (any type from forum to marketplace, dating service, etc :biggrin:) related to the activities of the club, I'll be happy to host the site on my account.. I can help in the building of the website if it is based on wordpress or joomla, those with IT background is more than welcome to lead as I'm just a casual web programmer..

Loki

Known Member
Nov 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
whatadrive.blogspot.com
What say you Head of Rempit & Touge Department, Loki? Perhaps an exploratory run to Bukit Tinggi, Fraser's Hill or some other routes after CNY..
Dude, the closet rempit here is Azmir! He actually sounded me off the other day for going too slow. As the saying goes, I'm more of a cruiser rather than a 'rempiter' but I wouldn't mind setting up a Skyline Force Reconnaissance Company (lets call it S-Force Recon) to scope out new routes :biggrin:.

Anyway, I agree that we as a group, before making the big jump to become a full-fledged registered car club, need to be more active and have a number of set calendar events. For example, I tend to hang out with the Italia Auto boys at their weekly Thursday night TT session in Aman Suria (this is partly due to the fact that I own a 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 Bertone). Even if its raining on that Thursday evening, two of three of their number will still show up. This indicates that as a group, they very much enjoy each other's company and make it a point to come together every week. Another recent example are the boys from the Volkswagen Golf GTI Club of Malaysia. They instead meet every fortnight at Warung Belly in Taman SEA, since they can only commit to that sort of schedule.

So the next step I guess, is to find a day and time, as well as venue, for a weekly Skyline TT session.

Last edited:

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Loki,

For someone who is going to rebuild his engine and trying to make it into an astonishing 600hp behemoth, you drove pretty slow that day. Hahahaha... we had guest from other car communities and I didn't want them to think that Skyliners are a bunch of snails. :)

But in all seriousness, despite me haggling you to speed up, safety is PARAMOUNT, and if you didn't feel like going fast, you shouldn't. It is not a race and I hope we don't intend to make it as such.

Back to topic, I agree to all the suggestions above. Let's form a team, we can be democratic if we want to and hold elections (somehow). Need to find volunteers for the following positions:

1. Supreme Leader (President)
2. Great Leader I (Vice President)
3. Great Leader II
4. Bag Man (Treasurer)
5. Secretary of State (Secretary)
6. Head of Rempit
7. Head of TT
8. Head of Party Planning Unit

etc.

I just want to be ordinary helpful member.

Loki

Known Member
Nov 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
whatadrive.blogspot.com
This reminds me of our return journey via the Karak Asteroid Belt, when you took a 'turbo-laser' for me. Damn Imperial civil defence ships!

Star Wars fans unite! :biggrin:

Loki,
For someone who is going to rebuild his engine and trying to make it into an astonishing 600hp behemoth, you drove pretty slow that day. Hahahaha... we had guest from other car communities and I didn't want them to think that Skyliners are a bunch of snails. :)
Sayang kereta mahhh plus I was running it in after two major upgrades (you know what I'm talking about).

Temujin for Head Rempit
as he has been organising and pushing for GTJ runs these past few months!

Last edited:

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Sayang kereta mahhh plus I was running it in after two major surgeries (you know what I'm talking about).

Temujin for Head Rempit
as he has been organising and pushing for GTJ runs these past few months!
I second that.

1. Supreme Leader (President)
2. Great Leader I (Vice President)
3. Great Leader II
4. Bag Man (Treasurer)
5. Secretary of State (Secretary)
6. Head of Rempit
--- a. Temujin
7. Head of TT
8. Head of Party Planning Unit

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Just keep it simple for the mean time, no need to be top heavy.

1) President
2) Vice President
3) Secretary
4) Treasurer
5) Committee Member (events, marketing, etc)
6) Committee Member (PR, media liason, etc)
7) Committee Member (membership, recruitement, etc)

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
[PIMPIN];1063404141 said:
Just keep it simple for the mean time, no need to be top heavy.

1) President
2) Vice President
3) Secretary
4) Treasurer
5) Committee Member (events, marketing, etc)
6) Committee Member (PR, media liason, etc)
7) Committee Member (membership, recruitement, etc)

Erm.. Anybody?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any one done this b4 ? JL, any idea ??

like the SuperFuelMax

can we use the same concept as the oil filter magnet ?
only this time use 2 piece of magnet instead of one.

how ar ?

anyone??
:P
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience