Kuala Lumpur
would like to know
how much diffrence does it make it terms of handling
im going for a mitsu evo lsd

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
A LOT!
U have to drive it... to feel it... words can't describe its importance on track!

Jasper

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
www.skype.com
hm.. one bite and one just let it go

jimmylim85

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
LSD : Limited Slip Differential..... How important is that? Does normal Kancil EX850 have LSD inside? or need to be installed? How much will it be then?

SKYBLUEV6

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
K.L
limited slip differential = LSD

limited slip differential = LSD
What i know that is a technology.
LSD can control your wheel spin
and give balance to both wheel.
example when right side wheel pusing lebih laju dari left side wheel :tee: LSD can balance both side to give good handling and daya pecutan...
same for 4wd or 2wd LSD.
Correct me if that is wrong
TQ

MizuChi

Known Member
Apr 17, 2004
Japan
Visit site
AFAIK on a car with normal viscous LSD, the inner wheel would spin at a lower speed than the outer during a corner. But on a car with racing LSD, both wheel would spin at almost the same speed if not the same.

I tested this theory on my Nissan 180SX (2-way LSD) and a friend's Toyota Estima (normal viscous LSD). When my car gets stuck in the snow, both wheels will turn when I'm gear. On the Estima, only one side will spin, wherelse the other would stay.

In drifting, you would need the wheels to spin at the same speed to get sideways, otherwise your car would just lose control easily, since the wheels will try to balance out and this will result in the car moving in an S line at the exit (of a corner).

For normal road usage, a racing LSD is not required.

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Jin, if you really want a LSD for routine track days forget the ori Mitsu ones on the Evo GB. They are usefull going in and out of corners but gets very hairy at the midpoint when you want to off throttle (turbo cars) ask dolly lah, but you should really be getting some aftermarket stuff la. Something from Cusco or KAAZ and hell yeah.. full lock babe. Builds up the arms on normal roads and thins the wallet when time to change GB oil else they make noize like a banshee. Hahahahahh .... cheers

kevinn7

Feb 28, 2005
I would like to enquire on the Cusco Full Lock LSD. When turning, there's like a tuk tuk tuk sound... sounds something like a screwed shaft but its louder and it effects yr turning. Is it that really normal?

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
i thought on normal time LSD just like normal diff...

then when wheel slips,
it will locks on left n right
which normal diff cannot do that...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,
any1 know where can i get this kind of service-adjust hi/low? because i have asked around, most of the tires shop didn't provide this kind of service. If u guys know it, pls state here the name of the shop, places(prefer Klang Valley), and contact no. by the way how much per piece they charge for?
many thanks...:_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience