LSD Gearbox..Share Your Real-time Experience Here. Comments Also

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
GT20v said:
aja,

come out when slipping?? meaning the car is speeding??viscous?
not a lot of car have clutch type LSD as oem..but alot have viscous LSD as oem......
im sharing only..it is still up to you...:)

Yeah, not many car with this clutch type LSD as an OEM standard. Me also pening since then. Anyway, just let it be la. Buat donno jer!!

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
well from my limited understanding.. the open diffrential act to supply the same amount of torque to both wheel every time.. when traction on 2 wheels are diff and the amount of torque is same on both wheel , the one with less traction will start to slip.. its like pushing 2 block of stone, one on cement and the other one on ice. if u apply the same amount of force, the one on ice will be faster loh.. its not easy to understand i presume..

in clutch type LSD however, both wheel are always "trying" to match speed, when traction are different on both wheel, the one with less traction will start to slip, the clutch on the other side of wheel (with more traction) will spin at identical speed, the amount of force/grip of the clutch to withstand from spinning is the same amount of power transffered to the wheel with more traction loh..

I'm no sifu.. just sharing something i found on net oni..

jeffblazed

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
pls help me recomend a type of lsd for my buddy..

car specs....

rwd
390 rwhp
turbo
he likes to corner like mad.....

dean75

Known Member
Nov 10, 2004
Port Dickson
tajulsans said:
well from my limited understanding.. the open diffrential act to supply the same amount of torque to both wheel every time.. when traction on 2 wheels are diff and the amount of torque is same on both wheel , the one with less traction will start to slip.. its like pushing 2 block of stone, one on cement and the other one on ice. if u apply the same amount of force, the one on ice will be faster loh.. its not easy to understand i presume..

in clutch type LSD however, both wheel are always "trying" to match speed, when traction are different on both wheel, the one with less traction will start to slip, the clutch on the other side of wheel (with more traction) will spin at identical speed, the amount of force/grip of the clutch to withstand from spinning is the same amount of power transffered to the wheel with more traction loh..

I'm no sifu.. just sharing something i found on net oni..
Good one Tajul.....I must say that the only way to understand all these is to experience it yourself. From what I understand, it will then reduce the overall speed rite? Ni yang pening ni...( or maybe I confused my ownself ! heh ) One side you dont wanna spin ( less traction ) so the other side will try to match the speed meaning slowing down???? memang susah nak faham....

Last edited:

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
thnx bro......well its quite easy to understand......hehehe.......

jeff,
for FR clutch type is good to use..

jimmylim85

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
How much is a LSD set for Kancil EX850 cost? how effective is it for my kancil? Thanks.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
LSD info for Honda B-series owners ----> http://technet.ff-squad.com/how-to/lsdcheck/ :cool:

The car i have was equiped with an LSD since i bought it. So, i dunno the before and after experience. All i know is, the car corners good enough for me. I know its a Gear Type LSD, so cannot "layan" the apex on the tracks too much (like the above article says). :biggrin: Its also bit of a pain to make a U-turn with LSD's, coz the turning radius suffers a bit from the wheels fighting each other during U-turns... :biggrin: but i ain't really complaining...

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
dean75 said:
Good one Tajul.....I must say that the only way to understand all these is to experience it yourself. From what I understand, it will then reduce the overall speed rite? Ni yang pening ni...( or maybe I confused my ownself ! heh ) One side you dont wanna spin ( less traction ) so the other side will try to match the speed meaning slowing down???? memang susah nak faham....
hmm, not relly like that lah i think.. the one spinning faster is the one that have less traction, if in open differential then sure lah will be slower, as it is loosing grip on one side.. but when LSD is in place, when one wheel start to slip thus spinning faster, the other wheel will try to match the speed thus i presume it should not loss speed lah..

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
Not sure what type it is using.. but if it is clutch type, it is servicable.. but not that cheap to service though..

flatlander525

Known Member
Jan 26, 2006
why my LSD gearbox didn't fully function??

my car like go kiri and kanan lorr...

example when on 2nd gear i let go the stering then when i full throttle it pull on the right..

pening lorrr...

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
since tis is lsd thread i would like to ask as well ... im using NISMO 2way full lock b4 tis and its easy to do drifting but i find out its pretty suffering to be used on normal roads... side parking is a nightmare...since its also my daily ride i changed to a stock standard skyline R33 diff..viscous type as i saw d sticker ther..

i turn d wheel but both going in same direction ... not opposite direction as u mentioned... how come like tat? and when i took my car to saturday night drift session ... my god .. it was horrible.. bcuz d track was twisty most of d corners are low speed.... and i find out my lsd seems not working... maybe as u say it need speed to work..bcuz i find out it sometimes lock and sometimes doesnt ... headache...im struggling for d whole nite bcuz d diff lockings are inconsistant...one moment i find out tat my car felt not locking at all after few hours of runs.... then i finally remember tat when d mech change d front cupling, around 30% - 40% oil leaked out... so he top up wif ..im unsure whether its lsd oil to d box.... and when i suspect it might be reason i went to throw and flush d box... inside was terribly black.. now after flushing im using penzoil lsd oil... and when i U turn i dun hear d krak krak tyre sound... i fear my lsd got prob...anyone can enlight me?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How can I remove the watermark at the windscreen? It is the area not covered by the wipers.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience