low oil pressure charged b16a

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
peterj...try change your turbo oil feed pipe with smaller one (or put restrictor inside the hose)....afraid that the turbo spooling causing the oil pressure loss...

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
peterj...try change your turbo oil feed pipe with smaller one (or put restrictor inside the hose)....afraid that the turbo spooling causing the oil pressure loss...
my oil feed pipr already 8 mm diameter or smaller alaready bro, is that consider big?:confused:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
try for 6mm feed line....

because n/a engine originally quite sensitive with oil pressure line and tapping location....

i have no concrete proof to support this suggestion...but since u already mentioned that all other thing was in near perfect condition, there's nothing wrong to try simple solution anyway.... :adore:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
try for 6mm feed line....

because n/a engine originally quite sensitive with oil pressure line and tapping location....

i have no concrete proof to support this suggestion...but since u already mentioned that all other thing was in near perfect condition, there's nothing wrong to try simple solution anyway.... :adore:
some ppl just asking me to remove and dun use oil cooler since daily drive and sometime drag.... no track session... what u think? but must use good oil la...:confused:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
some ppl just asking me to remove and dun use oil cooler since daily drive and sometime drag.... no track session... what u think? but must use good oil la...:confused:
how big was the oil cooler???use any oem from evo series i think already enough....if it was already from evo cooler then no worries...

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
how about when high rev?what is the pressure?

in ur case, check your bearing clearance........hondatech ppl told that bearing clearance do affect the pressure... +-0.5 bar is very low that is harmful already... since ppl said,when pressure less then 1 bar the engine oil lights will going out already.....

mine is iddle 1 bar +-,crusing 2 bar plus,when start rev, the pressure going up a bit then drop...:banghead:

any else can help?
regarding that buble..how about engine oil viscosity??does it deteriorate faster than usual??? perhaps too much piston ring gap?

or could be some pressure drop due to source of turbo oil feed??) :adore:
finally issue has been solved, there was a bolt missing in the crankshaft that the owner changed which he bought elsewhere. didn't know that is the culprit :banghead:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
how big was the oil cooler???use any oem from evo series i think already enough....if it was already from evo cooler then no worries...
it is small one... calsonic oil cooler that previously used as my ATF cooler....smaller then evo size

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
nope....peterj ur last post say that ur oil sensor pressure u tap in same place with ur oil feed to turbo right? all joint in same place...'Mivec oil pressure sensor locate at side side head mean in top...and its oil jurnal from blok to head also in 1 line'....have u test relocate the oil Pressure sensor to other place like in front of vtec head that have nut oil stopper for vtec oil line...:hmmmm:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
nope....peterj ur last post say that ur oil sensor pressure u tap in same place with ur oil feed to turbo right? all joint in same place...'Mivec oil pressure sensor locate at side side head mean in top...and its oil jurnal from blok to head also in 1 line'....have u test relocate the oil Pressure sensor to other place like in front of vtec head that have nut oil stopper for vtec oil line...:hmmmm:
i dont understand bro...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
peterj...i've got an idea to test your oil pressure.... first rrmove the turbo oil feed line and close it(disconnect turbo oil inlet pipe).... then start your engine and check your oil pressure meter...try rev to see if there any different pressure than before....just dont run your engine too long to preserve the turbo that was running without oil.... if yes means u have to resize yourturbo oil feed line...if still ssme then i've noidea what to do anymore...

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
peterj...i've got an idea to test your oil pressure.... first rrmove the turbo oil feed line and close it(disconnect turbo oil inlet pipe).... then start your engine and check your oil pressure meter...try rev to see if there any different pressure than before....just dont run your engine too long to preserve the turbo that was running without oil.... if yes means u have to resize yourturbo oil feed line...if still ssme then i've noidea what to do anymore...
if like that cant it be oil pump failure? cause i now on the progress changing oil pump.. not yet done.. will see what happen after changed to type r oil pump

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Bro's,

Need your assistance to provide me on some information about my car.

I own A Proton Perdana SEi 1998,

The issue here is,
I just got this car 5 months ago from my bro in law, and know less abt it.
I don't know what engine it is and it's a manual transmission Gbox.
The clutch Pad and the Gbox has an obvious marks of welding (Signs of convert)
It has the 2000 yr V6 Leather seats also has the feet rest as though it was a Auto transmission car before.

I went to many Workshop's but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience