Looking high and low for MR-S headlight

jChin

From Facebook
Dec 17, 2009
Hi everyone,

This headlights problem has been haunting me since 2 months ago when I sent the headlight to restoration. It did help at first, my headlights looked as good as new when the restoration was just done. However, only after a few days I notice that the lights are blurring up, and now it is worse than the condition before I sent it for restoration. The shop owner claimed that it could last at least 2 years and it has barely been 2 months. I did went back to the place and had it redone without extra cost, but after few days it's back to the square one. I think that the only choice I have now is to get a new set.

I would appreciate if anyone could advise me on where to get a set of headlights, be it original, used, aftermarket or whatever, as long as in good condition. Mine is looking so bad right now:dong:

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Joanne

Found, thanks everyone.

Last edited:

Known Member
Aug 5, 2009
johor bahru
at market it new is rm1500-1600*ori* . it have aftermarket sometime all the cover is bad ready ! better buy the new one set lol

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
mind to post a close up picture of the head lamp?
hopefully close enuf and if can measure also....
coz i got order fog lights from china n last time when i went 2 their factory i saw FC3S and AE86 headlamp COVER.....so not sure if i can help u o n but of coz will try my best

jChin

From Facebook
Dec 17, 2009
at market it new is rm1500-1600*ori* . it have aftermarket sometime all the cover is bad ready ! better buy the new one set lol
Where do I find them?

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

mind to post a close up picture of the head lamp?
hopefully close enuf and if can measure also....
coz i got order fog lights from china n last time when i went 2 their factory i saw FC3S and AE86 headlamp COVER.....so not sure if i can help u o n but of coz will try my best
This is the actual pic of my headlight:

This is an image I googled:

I would really really appreciate if anyone could help. Thanks!:adore:

Known Member
Aug 5, 2009
johor bahru
Where do I find them?

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

This is the actual pic of my headlight:

This is an image I googled:

I would really really appreciate if anyone could help. Thanks!:adore:
i saw your light ready must change new !!! i just now have ask my friend have lobang after i pm u the prise!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

jChin

From Facebook
Dec 17, 2009
I have seen a few MR-S around PJ that has spanking new headlights... They can't look so new if they are not. So any members who know where to get a set of MR-S headlights, your help is really appreaciated:adore:

Known Member
Aug 5, 2009
johor bahru
send to me your phone number ! i will give my friend to call u and say will u at where can buy the light at pj!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
hi joanne, typically mosts shops are just pulling a fast one (restoration). there is a proper technique but they are just not practicing it. not sure if yours is gone from rescuing.(appears so)

some of us (MR-S) are running the newer lights (projectile), which is post 2003 face-lifted but some wirings adjustments are required. new lights pricing are as 1198 mentioned, thereabouts. they can be purchased from wing hin toyota (jln loke yew) in KL (if you are in KL/PJ), if you are in nearer JB, 1198 could help.

if you want a the same lights as your current~pre 03 (if you dont' want wiring hassles or on budget constraints), there is a use set (good cond), that i can presuade the owner to let go (affordable).

he just changed to the newer looking lights as he just got the modding bug (green MR-S). his previous lights are still at a very good cond. (car milage itself was only 3Xk).

we did the install at my place (install party).

dennis
[email protected]

ps. your problem is likely compounded by the very fact that exposure to high heat/sun'ing.
this problem itself occurs not only to toyota but also older gen BMW, merc.

so give the spyder some need shade away from hot heat days

Last edited:

jChin

From Facebook
Dec 17, 2009
Thanks koolspyda, I'm interested with the used set as current budget doesn't allow me to spend that much for the headlights. Please pm the price and if possible, pictures.

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
From the pic it may appear that there is condensation and fading might not really be the problem...

Check the rear to ensure all the sockets are properly locked in to keep vapour from entering

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
From the pic it may appear that there is condensation and fading might not really be the problem...

Check the rear to ensure all the sockets are properly locked in to keep vapour from entering
condesation appears if there is a crack where a little rain water sips in or car is parked in extreme weather changes. cool outdoor mornings & hot extreme afternoons. there is a little drain plug (on the underside of the headlamp to release the trapped condensation.

i'm sure you may have come across this.
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20994

thats the proper procedural step (noob) ways. the problem with several local restoration shops is they 'promise' yet dont seem to follow up their claims. complaints are often posted at forums. sometimes their lack sure attitude is appalling.

i told the owner of parting his use headlights, currently he's busy with his new restaurant opening.
you can deal with him direct. maybe use your charms to nego price. i dont have the photos since its not mine.

all i can say his used set is in pretty good cond.

Thanks koolspyda, I'm interested with the used set as current budget doesn't allow me to spend that much for the headlights. Please pm the price and if possible, pictures.
jchin, your pm at zth is disabled. i unable to pm his contact to you.

if you dont mind, you can also email to [email protected]
i can forward his contact details.

Last edited: