engine mounting and driveshaft sw20

graham_flag

Known Member
Feb 13, 2009
hi guys
hehe guys im back
since im new in mr2-ing, so do expect some troubles will arise sooner or later hehe =p
ok regarding the tyres now im good, thanks alot guys for the advice

currently i got some problem of knocking,jerking mr2, at 1st i suspected the ron 95.. so i changed back to ron97..sadly same problem happened...

then i went to a so-so workshop 'coz im in a hurry..the mechanic said he suspected the driveshaft..then he recond the driveshaft since the new replacement would cost me alot (he said that n i didnt have internet access to check on you guys and mudah)..it costs me rm360 including labour and i didnt have a choice that time (was it reasonable?)..

then the same jerking happened again (with little improvement)and then we found that the mountings were worn out..so he said the replacement would cost RM1000++ (geez!)..so i said i will KIV that n then drove back to my hometown..

so were all rm figures reasonable for you guys? is the cost that high i have to pay for installing new mountings? if yes, indeed i have no choice but to replace them..anyone could suggest good workshop for mr2 for those service?can someone give the workshop contact details? i heard one in sunway area...need to do this weekend....

please help me..i owe you guys big time!!!

cheers!!

Last edited:

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
Hi Graham, I'm new here but have been experimenting with my car some time now. So, heres what happened.....

lost about 10ml coolant water a day, mysteriously, then I had jerkings especially with the introduction of boost, Fuel consumption was horrible, and the car wasn't quick no more.....

Finally after trashing the daylight out of it, the small defect became a big defect, the coolant started bubbling and pulsating, a clear indication of a head gasket failure. Need to have that replaced asap!! :nurse:

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
Hi.....EDDYSW20....r u frm Seremban?

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
Graham, the prices given are not reasonable...... Koyak mountings would generally send vibrations through the body, not car jerking back and forth..... koyak driveshaft whould give weird knocking sounds and hell of a vibration especially during takeoff or high torque transfers...... if jerks are bad intermittent, at high revs, try driving with the TVIS full open. it could be that..... This is of course taking into consideration you've totally taken care of your ignition system, and timing of course...

Khoo, two weeks ago passed face to face, on a small road, a white MRS around nilai 3, popped my eyes up a second and he responded with a thumbs up!! Thats freakin Priceless. Sporting guy!! I am around Nogori, but once the overhaul is done, it would be back on the road to Subang.....

graham_flag

Known Member
Feb 13, 2009
Graham, the prices given are not reasonable...... Koyak mountings would generally send vibrations through the body, not car jerking back and forth..... koyak driveshaft whould give weird knocking sounds and hell of a vibration especially during takeoff or high torque transfers...... if jerks are bad intermittent, at high revs, try driving with the TVIS full open. it could be that..... This is of course taking into consideration you've totally taken care of your ignition system, and timing of course...

Khoo, two weeks ago passed face to face, on a small road, a white MRS around nilai 3, popped my eyes up a second and he responded with a thumbs up!! Thats freakin Priceless. Sporting guy!! I am around Nogori, but once the overhaul is done, it would be back on the road to Subang.....
thanks
so you think which one of the prices is not reasonable? the rm360 or rm1000+? or both?

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
Mountings cost less that 400 for high performance-stiff like c***-most-expensive I've ever seen-UK made-PU bushes... most probabbly cause its in pound sterling....... and drive shafts, you'll get it done less than rm100 a side if you drive the car up to Klang. Its rm60 per piece if you bring the drive shaft yourself!! Sorry for the sad story, but, you're driving a sport car, so generally prices are marked up even more...... in the region of 50%-70%..... thats what I noted..... an example...

Toyota Japang Friend: balljoint RM160 distributor RM190 gasket kit RM430
Toyota Melayu rackrate: balljoint RM290 distributor RM290 gasket kit RM608
Spare part shop: balljoint RM330 distributor RM380 gasket kit Not available

Disclaimer: the prices quoted was through experience and does not mean that other shops or spare part shop would charge the same. as for the gasket kit, not sure if they were the same partnumber cause did not ask the number..... hence the price difference.

soff

Known Member
Nov 13, 2005

YOu can have many priceless moments, just give a thumbs up when you see the next MR2. You'll find that we are all a friendly bunch.

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
Graham, has your problem been fixed?? Car is still jerking around? Give me a test drive, we should be able to figure it out......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I don't know how to explain this but I feel that my 4 wheels like went in abit .. that makes my car look abit weird .. the other day I park my car at somewhere beside there is a Wira .. I check his wheels and mine his of course look better and fierce .. because his wheels fit perfectly .. why is this? Different absorbers & springs combination different result? I also saw some satrias same as mine. I never done before any screw setting becos my front don't come with the screw.

can...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience