Local Grad Vs Oversea Grad

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
Duke : Which is what i had been saying
First the culture shock syndrome.Then no more spoon feeding. And yes, learn to be independent.

Yes, some local lectures are shitty.But there are some really extraordinary one as well.Some really really great lecturers who inspires you.I met one before and though he is already earning millions, he still have the heart to teach us.
And i have to say that the visiting lecturers from London, who wrote all the txt books of ours, are no where near him.Not even close.
Had you ever imagined that the text books that we used could be so wrong in the first place?
All because it was pointed out by a few lectures of ours.
But overall i still have to admit that the overall quality of overseas lecturer is better.
Some of the lecturer here esp the new one, don't even know what they are talking about if u know what i mean

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
Duke Red said:
I studied overseas and as such I can't really comment on local tertiary education. I can only use the secondary education system as reference. I personally benefited from having been overseas because of what I was exposed to in terms of culture, etc. You will find that what I have to say does not suggest which cert is worth more as I don't think either outweighs the other.

I will put more emphasis into the different methods of teaching and learning. I found the quality of lecturers there a whole lot better. They struck me as people who took their job seriously. The teaching methods also required me to think more and interact more with people. It was a culture shock for most of my Chinese School mates who were really regimented by nature. Is was as though they were given freedom and didn't know what to do with it. Please correct me if it's the same here, as I've said, I have no experience with tertiary education here.

The obvious benefit is that I got to learn about another culture which gave me a benchmark to compare ours to. It helped me develop a more open mind. Living alone (with no family around anyway) also taught me to be a little more independant as I had to settle my own bills, make my own clothes, etc.

You will notice that the things I've learnt are mostly immaterial and is more focused on personal improvement. In my time overseas I've learnt more about being street smart rather than book smart which is why I'm not going into which degree carries more weight.

I end by saying I'm not saying that one is better than the other. I'm just sharing what I've learnt abroad. Perhaps it's the same here, I don't know.
like what u said... secondary ed.

Lets compare higher educations... tertiary onwards.

I was made to think more and interect wit others ... same as u did. But, of course, i can't deny the fact that the culture exposure and technique definitely differ fr yours. But, if based the techniques, which u briefly mentioned... then i can say it is similiar. Perhaps itz the standard that they had to comply wit the UK uni in order to provide the course and cert endorsed by em.

anyhow, like what narx said.. itz the substance.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
Gti said:
Duke : Which is what i had been saying
First the culture shock syndrome.Then no more spoon feeding. And yes, learn to be independent.

Yes, some local lectures are shitty.But there are some really extraordinary one as well.Some really really great lecturers who inspires you.I met one before and though he is already earning millions, he still have the heart to teach us.
And i have to say that the visiting lecturers from London, who wrote all the txt books of ours, are no where near him.Not even close.
Had you ever imagined that the text books that we used could be so wrong in the first place?
All because it was pointed out by a few lectures of ours.
But overall i still have to admit that the overall quality of overseas lecturer is better.
Some of the lecturer here esp the new one, don't even know what they are talking about if u know what i mean
hmm.. i wasn't spoon fed at college wor. I had german, brits, etc lecturers.... true.. everything have to DIY... no more like our regular highschool teachers.

well.. i grad some 5 yrs ago.. i'm not sure bout now. Hopefully the standard of our education hasn't declined.

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
zephyred : r u local or oversea grad?

I don't know bout your coll, but mine it's well known for spoon feeding and to the more extreme side...breast feeding...hahahahha

desmond937

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
actually u should compare between famous uni and lousy uni, and also HONOURS! this is very important criteria these days, normal degree ppl dun want to look at it. secondly is the uni u study. so wat if u study in england, but dunno what kind uni, never heard b4 one, who will trust u rite?

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
A lousy university does not necessarily means everything is lousy. The U im in is known to be the lower class U to many ppl, but 5 of our faculties is top in the country.

sooyeshun

Known Member
Aug 2, 2004
Visit site
well, i havent finish reading all comments...cos too lazy..haha...
i would say they are bad they are good...depends on how your parents mould you. If your parents can support you to oversea, its no big deal, dun too cocky.
There are a lot out there can go oversea.

Advantage of being in oversea, you get expose to diff ppl. matsalleh, indon, hongkie..etc, you see a lot things...you see how they do this and that.
how kiasu is he/she..bla bla bla.
I quite praise matsalleh is that when we group for a project.
they do, they dont scare the due date and the works are tremendous.
asian are opp, rush rush rush, sleepless nite, then erase and do again...and lets say you design a building, asian will come out with a square building while matsalleh will have very creative building design.
dun get me wrong, but its my experience.
when you expose there, i wonder some ppl, but for me...it makes me more humble.
of cos there's pros and cons. but i found out it benefits me. you gain experience which money cant buy.
you get to know a lot a lot of stuff lar...

those ppl who come back with oversea degree, and cocky i duno them lar... parenting problem.

sorry if i offended

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Gti said:
I don't know bout your coll, but mine it's well known for spoon feeding and to the more extreme side...breast feeding...hahahahha
wah... .. which U har? :_:
hahaha.

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
the reason why i went oversea instead of going to the same training centre available at terengganu is cos of efficiency...what took me 2months in UK will end up at least 6months in terengganu.....

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Alright guys, i'm studying in monash university malaysia.. Was suppose to go over to aussie this year or next year at least, but due to using such a large sum of cash i was not very keen in going over therefore i'm staying back here.. I would not know if u consider the local monash university a local uni.. but i would since i'm finishing my course here.. if u are considering the cost i think its one of the most expensive as i need about 120K for my engineering..

And when we do direct comparison with my counterparts in Aussie, u actually see that they get alot more experince. Their lecturers approach are very much different from ours here.. and their lecturers are really of higher quality.. In the sense.. professors here or A/p are normally awarded for their research, but after going through their research.. i notice that it isn't very much compare to their aussie counterpart.. for instance the math's program Mathlab was co-written by one of the aussie lecturers so their pratical knowledge does help in their teaching..

So i believe its really much better at least in the sicence field to go overseas, we do not have the facility and the standard as compare to overseas

nakata86

Known Member
May 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Dino@Casper said:
Alright guys, i'm studying in monash university malaysia.. Was suppose to go over to aussie this year or next year at least, but due to using such a large sum of cash i was not very keen in going over therefore i'm staying back here.. I would not know if u consider the local monash university a local uni.. but i would since i'm finishing my course here.. if u are considering the cost i think its one of the most expensive as i need about 120K for my engineering..

And when we do direct comparison with my counterparts in Aussie, u actually see that they get alot more experince. Their lecturers approach are very much different from ours here.. and their lecturers are really of higher quality.. In the sense.. professors here or A/p are normally awarded for their research, but after going through their research.. i notice that it isn't very much compare to their aussie counterpart.. for instance the math's program Mathlab was co-written by one of the aussie lecturers so their pratical knowledge does help in their teaching..

So i believe its really much better at least in the sicence field to go overseas, we do not have the facility and the standard as compare to overseas
well said. :_:

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
i second what's said above , experience in practical training of real world offered in overseas which can bring in process improvements to malaysia company/technology.

By no means I'm pointing out that the local grad is not good , heck they may be even better intellectually but it's just that Malaysia technology is not up to par compared to overseas. It will be different applying theory and in real world as more variables kick in than sheets of paper assumption so i think thats the biggest advantage of overseas student being exposed more to this kind of elements.

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
If give you another simple example.. alright for engineering with use CAD softwares..

For monash malaysia which is funded by sunway group.. so rich also can only afford Autocad 2002 which is actually freaking outdate.. everyone else is using something better.. like Solid Edge at least.. only recently have we upgradeded.. man.. Imagine a insitute so rich only just upgraded.. not to be bad.. i ask my friend in other unis.. what are they using... i wonder if what they are using are even legal.. cause the cost of the license is dem expensive..

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
yea nobody use autocad here anymore man , we use catia

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A little help here...

Do you know any exhaust tip that sounds like a tuner or a racing car?

Can I change the tip alone or do I have to change muffler as well?

I don't want it to be too loud (not to seek attention), but just a little nice broom-broom effect as I rev..

My car is N/A 1.6
And the whole exhuast system is still stock, with a twin exhaust tip (or however you call it :regular_smile: )

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience