Lexus LFA lines up against IS-F w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

It’s quite a big deal to get your allocation of the limited-run Lexus LFA so when Lexus UK received theirs; they celebrated in proper petrolhead style. Most dealers would have given the supercar a good wash and wax before setting up in a showroom for people to drool over but not the Lexus boys in the UK.

They brought it out to the Bruntingthorpe Proving Grounds to stretch its muscles and have a little head-to-head with its smaller sibling, the IS-F. Of course, it would have been sacrilegious to not have a video camera on hand to record the orchestra on hand from the combined total of 18 cylinders at full blast.

We’re pretty sure the V8 from the IS-F makes quite a rumble from its twin-stacked quad-pipe exhaust system but for the love of god, we can’t tell from this video as it’s drowned out by the high-pitched wail of the LFA’s high-revving V10 that sings through its tri-tipped rear.

There’s some testaments from select clients of the LFA’s ferocity and mind-boggling acceleration and just from the tacho alone, we can see for our own. Just to keep in mind, the speed displayed in the opening sequence is in MPH.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8dH8-bNsoMk" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

Source: YouTube

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm driving a 4G18. just wondering if can use 4G93 1.8 SOHC header on my ride as the intakes might

be bigger. Can anyone please advise me?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience