Jian Hang Exhaust

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Might agree with Jian Hang. Mine are 2.5" all the way. My friend with similar engine did 2.5" until middle the joint with 3" to the rear. He mentioned high end much better, so should be similar to the 2.3" and 2.5" theory.....:driver:
vr2turbo. How is your car running with 2.5" straight through all the way???

Just clarifying. Jian Hang as me to shrink the pipes/tube inside my mid and back muffler to 2.3" but the pipes are all 2.5". So basically the flow is 2.5" (downpipe to mid muff) --> 2.3" (mid muff) --> 2.5" (mid muff to back muff) --> 2.3" (back muff to road).....Is like big small big small....Hahhahhaha

:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I agree with you. Both of them are right in their own experience and expertise.

But i want to clarify. When you remap, the lower end will also improve right? So doesnt really matter is i use do the muffler internal tube to 2.3" or 2.5" right?

I mean, i have been thinking about it. A setup of 2.5" piping with the mufflers internal being 2.3", may work well for lower-end power range. Then if you remap, probably even better. But then again, if you do a straight through 2.5", you MAY or MAY NOT lose lower-end, but after you remap, the overall performance gain and power delivery should be better than doing the internal 2.3" right?? In other words, a more balance improvement.
This one have to wait for other sifu to answer. Never remap before so can't really give you the right advice. Vr2turbo or Danz advice will be able to help :biggrin:

sohem

Known Member
Jun 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Jian Hang shop always full with cars.. not ppl. lol
Need to go as early as 9-10am wait for him open shop. IF you wan mod.. otherwise sit and wait 2-3 hours for current car to siap.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
vr2turbo. How is your car running with 2.5" straight through all the way???
Mine after engine transplant, straight fitted the exhaust system and have been using since then. Have not done anything else to it until now.....:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Susah la ini macam.....pening on the set up.....Follow exhaust expert advise? Or follow tuner advise??
Your car manual or auto? Start a poll. See what everyone says.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
My car is a 1600cc Auto Turbocharge (Stock).....Hahahahaha....No need go to the extend of starting poll la.....

Feedbacks of setups will be enough for me.....So far the feedbacks are ok....Learn something new....And one thing for sure....This Jian Hang has good feedback and review......Just i need to make sure the right setup.....

Any feedback and advise are welcome.....

Thanks alot.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
My car is a 1600cc Auto Turbocharge (Stock).....Hahahahaha....No need go to the extend of starting poll la.....

Feedbacks of setups will be enough for me.....So far the feedbacks are ok....Learn something new....And one thing for sure....This Jian Hang has good feedback and review......Just i need to make sure the right setup.....

Thanks alot.....
Hmm...Preve...:love:
Anyway, good luck bro. I think I trust Jian Hang hehe!

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Thanks alot.....
Bro. U haven't uploade a pic of ur bay. I'm interested to look at it :biggrin:
Btw, for me follow tuners because in the end he's the one who tunes it, not the exhaust guys.
Or u can follow what others did but ur car might be the first turboed Almera. Or I got you confused with others...

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Remember he mentioned in another topic is a PUG 408T...:driver:
I thought Almera turbo? Im confused hhahaha

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I've been to JH to ask for installation pricing. I bought a second hand 421 extractor (kweng design) and JH quote me RM120 for the installation of the extractor alone. Had a good chat with the taukeh and he explained that 421 doesn't suit Myvi even if it's 1.5 but on Alza it works wonderful :hmmmm::hmmmm: (of course, I was like, dafuq?) he showed me his 421 design for myvi and it looks exactly the same with kweng's but the 2-1 diameter is smaller. Quality wise, well I can say that it is quite neat and looks promising.

He then told me that he does R&D on cars to get the optimum exhaust setup. By R&D he meant trial and error. He will make an agreement with the right customer to use the customers car for R&D, with minimal cost implication until they are both happy with the outcome. He also said that he does not have a chance to do R&D on a Myvi yet and he kept telling me that Myvi should use 4-1. I told him that my car is a manual, is the Myvi he installed with 421 is a manual but he replied that he can't remember, only know that 421 is awful on a Myvi but awesome on an alza. Then he pointed me the Myvi which had installed 421 and reverted to 41 (parked outside his shop, his neighbour's car).

I asked what is the price of his Myvi 421, guess what, it's a freaking 650bucks and 4-1 480bucks. I can get Dsport or superstreet for that price but hey I'm not gonna say which will be better. So I asked for his name card, told him that I'll look for him when I want to install my extractor and went to peep on the Myvi he mentioned. It's an auto. As far as I know, 421 on auto trans Myvi is awful. So I guess that the Alza is a manual. Hmmm...could it be the legendary unker's punya car?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I've been to JH to ask for installation pricing. I bought a second hand 421 extractor (kweng design) and JH quote me RM120 for the installation of the extractor alone. Had a good chat with the taukeh and he explained that 421 doesn't suit Myvi even if it's 1.5 but on Alza it works wonderful :hmmmm::hmmmm: (of course, I was like, dafuq?) he showed me his 421 design for myvi and it looks exactly the same with kweng's but the 2-1 diameter is smaller. Quality wise, well I can say that it is quite neat and looks promising.

He then told me that he does R&D on cars to get the optimum exhaust setup. By R&D he meant trial and error. He will make an agreement with the right customer to use the customers car for R&D, with minimal cost implication until they are both happy with the outcome. He also said that he does not have a chance to do R&D on a Myvi yet and he kept telling me that Myvi should use 4-1. I told him that my car is a manual, is the Myvi he installed with 421 is a manual but he replied that he can't remember, only know that 421 is awful on a Myvi but awesome on an alza. Then he pointed me the Myvi which had installed 421 and reverted to 41 (parked outside his shop, his neighbour's car).

I asked what is the price of his Myvi 421, guess what, it's a freaking 650bucks and 4-1 480bucks. I can get Dsport or superstreet for that price but hey I'm not gonna say which will be better. So I asked for his name card, told him that I'll look for him when I want to install my extractor and went to peep on the Myvi he mentioned. It's an auto. As far as I know, 421 on auto trans Myvi is awful. So I guess that the Alza is a manual. Hmmm...could it be the legendary unker's punya car?
I'm sorry but it sounds like he's trying to bullshit you into buying his product. And he does have a reason why 421 is better for Alza and not Myvi. First of all 421 or 41 need to be tuned length, not just any how slap on a 421 and let it be. Need to calculate the length of each runner to get the optimum exhaust flow. Do a Google on how to calculate exhaust length.

And Alza obviously is longer therefore easier to do a tuned length 421. Myvi on the other hand is way too short (wheelbase). But to say it's only meant for 41 is just his word against someone elses word.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The F10 BMW 528i has been refreshed for some time around March this year, with the addition of M Sport package and a price reduction from just over RM417,800 down to RM378,800 due to eligibility of EEV tax incentive for locally-assembled cars.

But now, BMW Malaysia has just released in their website, the more exclusive M Performance Edition with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience