Jerking Problem With My 1996 Satria 1.6gli

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

paultantk

Known Member
May 22, 2004
Visit site
I'm driving a 1996 satria 1.6gli. running standard 4g92p engine. only mods are the usual extractor and mufflers mods and a K&N drop in filter with CAI.

today i've been experiencing jerking problems during acceleration. this happens during light and medium acceleration. never try hard acceleration. the car like stalls a while, jerks one time and then everything goes back to normal. the engine check light also turns on a while during stand stills at traffic lights but it usually goes off when i tap the accelerator.

anyone know what the problem is?

i've felt this kinda jerking before on my nissan sunny but that was a carburettor problem, and felt it another time in a taxi that was running out of fuel.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
check your throttle body, might need cleaning since you make CAI dust getting in faster...very common problem if your CAI airflow design not good...

paultantk

Known Member
May 22, 2004
Visit site
Just changed one of the gears in the throttle body assembly 2 months ago, one of the gigi patah liao causing unstable idling. That time clean already, so fast dirty again? I'll check tomorrow.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
I don think throttle body has got anything to with jerking during accleration.

Check on ignition and fueling.

Jay5

Known Member
May 4, 2004
Visit site
check also your knock sensor. the sensor that detects knocking. the way to check is to do a MUT check. since check engine light appeared, it would have logged the error code in the ECU. it will show in the MUT.

canken2

1,500 RPM
Mar 18, 2004
PJ
Visit site
Originally posted by Jay5@Apr 13 2005, 07:50
check also your knock sensor. the sensor that detects knocking. the way to check is to do a MUT check. since check engine light appeared, it would have logged the error code in the ECU. it will show in the MUT.
[snapback]892324[/snapback]​

check the spark plug cables, if it comes loose there will be jerking.

paultantk

Known Member
May 22, 2004
Visit site
Fixed my problem this morning. Mech checked the error codes, 3 appeared. Air Flow Sensor, Barometric Pressure Sensor (something liadat) and somethign to do with the throttle body. Just replaced the Air Flow Sensor (which the barometric thing is actually a chip inside) and all 3 error codes disappeared. Engine check light stopped showing and no more jerking.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

FOCAL POINT would like to wish all our Muslim customers and supporters Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri. Thank you all the support, patronage and confidence in Tufoil. We also would like to wish all of you a safe and a pleasant ' Balik Kampong '. Cheers!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience