Issues with water levels

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
if every time you drive your car and when you come back and check it, the water level drops..what does this mean??

previously it was only occasionally the water levels will drop...but now it seems to be dropping every time and by a lot more as well...

any one know y??

-its an rx7 if its relevant.

Thanks guys...

:wavey:

philip_nst

Known Member
Apr 4, 2006
my 1 oso the same,every time i add very very litter of water, then other time is the same too
then now i never add a few month , the water is the same too , only add a litter bit

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
yeah but mine is quite a lot now compared to before....so was wondering if there is any problem...

babyken

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
1)check water tank, spare tank, bubble tank, see any place have leak.
2)radiator cap should use the correct pressure and type as they mention.
3)check for any place that your water will pass by for any leak.(mine one have a bit leak in turbo last time... xD)

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
hmmmm...but i just changed the radiator cap not too long ago...but will still check it out...

babyken,

how did u realize it was leaking in the turbo the last time? and how did u fix it?

babyken

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
i got toyota coolant(RED) in tank, so every time i stop and park the car, it will have red water on the floor. and i can hear some sound like water drop on very very hot surface making "shihssss.... shihssss... " sounds. i check on tech, raise the car, notice that red color water coming from turbo. if it's the metal pipe, just need some welding work to fix the crack/leak.

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
oh okay...but mine now coolant or water appears on the floor...hmmm...nvm, i'll check it out....thanks babyken

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
i'm in kl bro...arun hartamas...are you too bro?

if i'm not mistaken i saw your car at charles right?...did u manage to sell it?

babyken

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
no la, me at somewhere around klang. ya, last time at charles there, now rested peacefully in my parking bay...:banghead::banghead::banghead:
wahahaha... very seldom drive out...:rofl::rofl: have to wait a period of time...

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

the car now are not for sell, due to i am upgrading and restore everything.

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
haha...tats good bro...nice fd...

but u should drive more often...mine also i try n drive every 2 or 3 days...if your free one of these days maybe we can meet up...just pm me your number bro...

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
if you're running stock turbine...it might be the water cooled pipe is leaky... it's behind the turbine.. replacing that metal hose requires taking out the freaking turbine.

Rock Lee

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2004
Klang, Selangor
www.rockmotorsport.com
hey guys,

wanna ask a non-related topic question.

whenever i open my radiator cap, there is always rust water on top on the cap and also at the surrounding of the radiator head.

no matter how hard i clean it, it always reappears after few days. really annoying.
is there anyway I can get rid of it.

btw babyken
I remember I saw one white FD at bukit tinggi klang , is that yours? at AS tint shop.

babyken

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
hey guys,

wanna ask a non-related topic question.

whenever i open my radiator cap, there is always rust water on top on the cap and also at the surrounding of the radiator head.

no matter how hard i clean it, it always reappears after few days. really annoying.
is there anyway I can get rid of it.

btw babyken
I remember I saw one white FD at bukit tinggi klang , is that yours? at AS tint shop.
do you flush your water with distilled water? if you keep flushing it every week, the rust will dissapear. me last time same like you. the ex-fellow using tap water. it just like capuccino.... xD :banghead::banghead::banghead:

White FD in bukit tinggi?.... i been to Jaya Jusco bukit tinggi before, but just to Eneos.... and night time at Station One cafe once.... and recently my FD just parking at my house.... i think it's another guy gua... :rofl::rofl::rofl: btw, my bumper sold to a klang's FD owner, maybe he is it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Names like Rod Millen and son Rhys are names that we remember like they were on the back of our hands but sadly, another member of the Millen clan that races, Steve, doesn’t quite receive as much of a shout out as the other two.

Steve deserves to be in the spotlight every bit as his racing brother and nephew as he has a history in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience