Problem with exhaust manifold

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
Hi guys,

Around September last year there was this ticking sound coming from the back of the engine bay. I took it to my mechanic and he said that my exhaust manifold was leaking. He told me that he would have to remove the turbo and re weld the exhaust manifold. He did so and after the sound was gone and the pick up improved a lot as well.

Towards the end of last year the ticking sound started to come back, first it wasn't that loud, but now it has become louder. I'm guessing its the exhaust manifold again. My question is..

Is there any permanent fix to this problem?

If I have a custom one made or got an aftermarket one would it help?

Or is there a better way to weld it?

Also, do you guys know anyone who would be good at fixing this sort of problem?

Thanks guys... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
........?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
WIth the single setup you've got i reckon you should get another manifold made. Jaffa or Ah Heng opposite ah choy can get it done properly. Its going to be a whole day affair though. Good luck.

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
WIth the single setup you've got i reckon you should get another manifold made. Jaffa or Ah Heng opposite ah choy can get it done properly. Its going to be a whole day affair though. Good luck.
Thanks phat7,

how much do u think it would cost?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Safely about 1k to 1.5k for good job. They must also take into consideration the "allowable free play when the engine moves. Check your engine mounts as well to make sure there is no excessive play which moves the manifold and causes cracks.

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
usually I take it to ah heng opposite ah choy's place whn i comes to the exhaust...he should know what to do and take into consideration all tat you mentioned above right...

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
Kevin keep us posted!!
sure phat 7, will keep u updated...but will take some time as i'm doing some other things first...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Suzuki Marketplace Links - Parts & Others

Upon some request from Suzuki club members, here in sticked a thread to post link, i repeat "Links" only. However the original sales thread shall remains in Marketplace according to Zerotohundred.Com rules.

Any straight sales / merchandise direct uploaded into Suzuki forum shall be removed without prior notice. Repetition of mistake shall end-up in BAN!

Kindly read the rules before posting anything into the forum...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience