Is pedal lock needed?

P

prolog

Just got a new toyota vios 1.5G

My question is... do i need to install a pedal lock to be safer?

It already has an immobiliser system.

Thanks bros

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
Even with all the security system in the world isnt safe for our situation now.

But if u can afford it, why not. Prevention is always better than cure.At least it will delay the thief if they were to break in your car.

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
well, depends on what you want to protect. to me immobilizer can be defeated but locking the pedals bring your car to nowhere except tolled away. :thefinger:

dj_gti

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
pedal lock is to slow them down.......
immobiliser system is to give the dumb thieves a CRACK ON THEIR HEADS.......
important thing is close yr back key hole.....seal up everything.....ex for the driver side.....change the key starter....
install yr alarm at ipoh or melaka if u're staying in kl....
cause from what i see this case ......most car,the alarm system don't work when they break in....this is because someone gave info to the theives that the main alarm is hidden here or there.......(most of the case happens like this).....seal yr back key hole and yr passanger side.......and change yr key starter......buy a good pedal lock......install yr alarm out of yr town or kl....and don't even tell yr best friend where yr alarm is hidden......because from a best friend or true friend,they are the only one that can bring u down (sad to say this,but it happend to me).....aight all the best for yr car......install the alarm where u trust the bugger and make sure u change yr key starter after u install yr alarm.....change to the one alot of holes.

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
Late last year, my putra was almost stolen. the car thieves managed to bypass my Rm1999 alarm system. They even started the car.

but then, their mission failed...why?

the SOLEX PEDAL LOCK.

It's almost impossible to remove the pedal lock.

so don't think with all these high tech gadgets you have in your car is useful.
Those buggers even know how to bypass the rm1999 alarm system.

it's better to have additional locks....as a deterant.

if you are a car thief, will you try to steal a car with no additional lock or a car with additional lock??

agentOrange

Known Member
Mar 27, 2007
Once a thief from hong kong was interview from a local tv show.. he said in his geng if they really want to steal your car you cannot stop them.. so he give advise.. normally a thief will not choose a car that takes longer times to steal it..they will choose those car which can steal easily and faster..

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
alarms, immobilises, locks.. chain the wheels to the tree doesn't stop them fr stealing your car. Its just making life difficult for them to steal the car.

well.. to one extend, makes life difficult for us too. hahaha.

imagine getting into a hot car, but gotta immobilise it, then unlock the steering lock and pedal lock.. knn.. .baked in the car already. hahaha.

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
yup.. just buy autolock, been using it for a year now.. feel safer when park anywhre, i bought at carefour for rm165.. those stering lock are easier to beat.. pedal lock is harder to break, in fact i think it cant be break.. unless if they tow ur car la..

sh@rty 5

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2007
The most convenient is still locktech.. But expensive

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
saw b4 in this forum i think.. got ppl selling it.. price duno.. how much a? but dat autolock can transfer to future car also .. no need send to ppl for installation..another point there..

sh@rty 5

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2007
saw b4 in this forum i think.. got ppl selling it.. price duno.. how much a? but dat autolock can transfer to future car also .. no need send to ppl for installation..another point there..
Wat u mean by can transfer to other car... Interested to buy???:listen:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

it is burning..and please help me anybody...

my trusted 5 year old 850 kancil is burning...and I dont know where the exact location and what causing it to burn.

When I switch on my lamp, then smoke appears and I can smell things burn. Its look like the smoke is coming out from somewhere near the emergency signal. near the steering. I dont know what causing 'it' to burn and for your information, my car had just back from a earthing problem.

Strangely, this problem did not arise...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience