is manual tranny of left hand drive interchangeable with right hand drive??

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
hello all,

i really want to know, is it interchangeable? RHD gearbox and LHD gearbox? pardon me the naiveness, most cars that i see, the orientation of an engine is pretty much the same regardless of RHD or LHD. so, i would imagine that the mounting for the tranny would be the same, the way that it connects to the clutch and onto the flywheel and onto the crankshaft is the same. The way that i can think of the difference is the clutch pump location. Even the gear 1 to gear 5 or Reverse location on the shift knob is the same. I hope anybody who has experience this situation can enlighten me..

Thanks so much,

avielboys

Known Member
Nov 14, 2008
JB, Johor
powerpackengineering.blogspot.com
Hi mate,

from my experience, the gearboxes are the same. The main difference between RHD and LHD is mostly the steering rack. The engines and gearboxes are no difference if from the same model car. I have seen the stuff from Taiwan where they are LHD, works the same inside a RHD wira :)

Hope this helps ...

Regards.

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
thanks.. avielboys, thank god that has been cleared up.. cos ive been hearing ppl say that LHD gearbox is different from RHD.. So, if that is out of the way, if required any, I can place an order in overseas at ease.. :D

thanks again..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The fifth instalment in the Fast and Furious series, dubbed Fast Five, is finally out with more adrenaline-filled and petrol-fuelled action scenes that appears to bring a fine balance for the movie between actual action and car chase scenes.

All the faces are instantly recognisable as they’re all from the earlier four instalments in the series with a new one in the form of Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, The...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience